MDE, FP+ System is Down

Anyone else still having trouble with mde? My times have changed but when I go to change back it says I don't have anything booked.

Counting down to 14th May!

I'd bet good money that God has a slightly better IT team than Disney.;)

I changed the note because I did not want to offend anyone.

But.....

Now that you mention it, I'd bet EVERYONE has slightly better IT folks than Disney.

Can't you see it right now?

The press people walking around WDW......."What are these grey wristbands for again? Mine doesn't do anything!"

Somebody get the padded room ready for Fellow Castmember Bob. He has already demonstrated his bad tempter regarding FP and Magic Bands.

Can you see the IT folks in Burbank .....scattering like cockroaches in that summer beach rental when you turn on the light at night.

Ahhhh, the visuals that come to mind!

OH goodness - we are too arrive tomorrow.... :( all of my Stuff is now up on MDE at least - nothing was lost

It is a total disaster here at MK. They ate handing out paper FPs at the kiosks after you wait in line for 20 minutes. You get one paper, doesn't matter how many fastpasses you are holding.

I have been in the space mountain fp line for 20 minutes so far. Still at the game portion. This is ridiculous.

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this mess on vacation. :(

We were there in February when the HS FP+ and park entrance system all shut down one morning. That was actually humorous to watch...CM's standing around and looking at one another...I imagine that is what the IT team is doing right now.

That damn old paper fastpass system was TERRIBLE! Rememebr how DIFFICULT and GLITCHY the old paper system was?

Yeah...me neither. :sick:

We were there in February when the HS FP+ and park entrance system all shut down one morning. That was actually humorous to watch...CM's standing around and looking at one another...I imagine that is what the IT team is doing right now.

That damn old paper fastpass system was TERRIBLE! Rememebr how DIFFICULT and GLITCHY the old paper system was?

Yeah...me neither. :sick:

This glitch is bad but I also remember being at space mountain and wanting a fast pass for splash mountain and having to walk all the way across the entire park with a stroller to get FP for a couple hours after that and then have to walk halfway across the park again to do other things. The old system left much to be desired for all but the power users. It was fine - but some posters here act like it was absolutely perfect for everyone which is far from true.

It is a total disaster here at MK. They ate handing out paper FPs at the kiosks after you wait in line for 20 minutes. You get one paper, doesn't matter how many fastpasses you are holding.

I have been in the space mountain fp line for 20 minutes so far. Still at the game portion. This is ridiculous.

Oh my gissshh:sad2:

This glitch is bad but I also remember being at space mountain and wanting a fast pass for splash mountain and having to walk all the way across the entire park with a stroller to get FP for a couple hours after that and then have to walk halfway across the park again to do other things. The old system left much to be desired for all but the power users. It was fine - but some posters here act like it was absolutely perfect for everyone which is far from true.

Nothing is perfect, but this new system is a joke. :thumbsup2

I bet the people there today would rather the only "glitch" they had to deal with was walking halfway across the park with a stroller and back again. I'm sure it was awful for you though :laughing:

OP, I'm sorry for you and anyone else dealing with this mess today. Don't worry though its still in the testing phase, I'm sure a company like Disney has a top notch IT dept working to get this corrected right away and ensure it never happens again :rolleyes1

I bet the people there today would rather the only "glitch" they had to deal with was walking halfway across the park with a stroller and back again. I'm sure it was awful for you though :laughing:

OP, I'm sorry for you and anyone else dealing with this mess today. Don't worry though its still in the testing phase, I'm sure a company like Disney has a top notch IT dept working to get this corrected right away and ensure it never happens again :rolleyes1

The biggest glitch with FP- was my lazy butt :rotfl2:

How anyone thinks this new FP+ system is better than the old one that was simple, with pieces of paper with return times, is beyond me.

My 12 year old made that statement to me, almost verbatim, just last night.

Actually I still preferred the old system. Even the super user option aside, at least when you went to the FP kiosk you knew what you were lining up for and could see what the standby and return times were and you could make a decision there and then.

Just as importantly, all the criss crossing the park kept our legs in shape. No idea what I'm going to do now :eek:

Too bad WDW doesn't build any new rides and, even if they do, no one wants to go on them.

Except that its been explained to you several times just today, right? :thumbsup2

Quick questions:
1. Did this happen today? I'm wondering if current guests are having trouble using FPs or tickets today because of the MDE problems.

2. If it happened on a previous trip, were the reservations just gone from your MDE account, or were they gone from Disney's side, too?

1. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3269073

2. Some showed internally, but I had no access . One entire day went missing...everywhere. It's just gone. Last night, my FP were the only ones showing.

We were in MK today and it was a bit frustrating not being able to get into the app and modify our fast passes. Had no trouble getting into rides with our FP+ though. Kiosk lines were pretty crazy and the constant pouring down rain didn't help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter