MDE down???

I was able to make reservations on MDE around 7:45... I had to select the time for the reservation over and over until it went to the next step. Then at the "book now" step, I had to tap there over and over... it never went to the next step. However, I had my email open on a laptop nearby, and I saw the reservation confirmation email come through! So I went ahead and made my two other reservations the same way, waiting for the email to come through before moving on to the next one, and then checked my plans in MDE for them. They weren't there at first, but I went to link them, it said one was already linked. I just kept going back to my plans, and it took a couple minute, but they showed up!

I know this post is mostly about FP+, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. I was already logged onto the app before the system went down. I'm still unable to log on using my laptop. But maybe you can try to do FP+ on the MDE app? Maybe if you are logged on to more than one mobile device, you can see FP+ reservations going into your plans even if you aren't getting on screen confirmations while booking FP+. Maybe? Good luck, everyone!

In my role, the relevant thing I depend on is being able to pull in the names attached to tickets on MDX. So if I fill a will call order, I can usually see whose ticket is whose and write names on the media, but with the back system down, I can’t do that. Also makes it harder to find and reassign lost tickets.

Guest Relations and the touchpoints are also having issues because their systems access MDX in different ways but I don’t know much about those roles because I’ve never done them.
Thank you!

The good news is they HAVE to fix this in the next 30 min or nobody can enter the park.

Can't imagine the stress in their IT department right now

On CM response... I know it isn't their fault. But if the system is down, I don't want to hear "I can't make reservations because we are working on magical enhancements." That sounds like planned upgrades, not system outage work, which wouldn't be done during business op hours. It just sounds patronizing to hear that, when you know it is an unexpected problem.

In my role, the relevant thing I depend on is being able to pull in the names attached to tickets on MDX. So if I fill a will call order, I can usually see whose ticket is whose and write names on the media, but with the back system down, I can’t do that. Also makes it harder to find and reassign lost tickets.

Guest Relations and the touchpoints are also having issues because their systems access MDX in different ways but I don’t know much about those roles because I’ve never done them.

I had this similar situation happen when we were there in July. MDE and MDX (didn't know that's what it was called) was down for many, many hours. I felt so bad for the CMs, as I saw guests being downright abusive, which I thought was ridiculous. It stunk, sure, but we managed just fine and the CMs we encountered were trying so hard to make the best of a tough situation...they were all super friendly, super helpful...to the extent they could.

Hope this gets fixed soon...I've got a 9:30am meeting and 10:30am dentist appointment.

Still not working. Somehow even with the website down this am i was able to book a dining reservation on the app. It was very weird because i never got to the point where it confirmed my reservation on the app, but i received an email confirming the reservation. It must have been a fluke because it didn't work for any other reservation that i tried to get.

I really don´t like the idea, of not knowing who is entering the park, because your fingerprint doesn´t show. I hope they have a backup plan

Still not working. Somehow even with the website down this am i was able to book a dining reservation on the app. It was very weird because i never got to the point where it confirmed my reservation on the app, but i received an email confirming the reservation. It must have been a fluke because it didn't work for any other reservation that i tried to get.
This happened to me too last night around 10pm...page froze and I got an error on the final "reserve" step but then got the confirmation email...so weird.

A couple of trips ago they had a system wide failure one day. It was awful!! We couldn't do anything with DDP, charging to room, or make fastpasses.

The good news is they HAVE to fix this in the next 30 min or nobody can enter the park.

Can't imagine the stress in their IT department right now

glad to see it's not just me. I tried signing in on the website using both Safari and Chrome and it wasn't happening. :rotfl::rotfl:

Wow, if this is really affecting admissions at parks right now, how awful! What about MK Welcome Show? People expect to start entering the park at 8 am for a 9 am opening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter