MCO Uber/Taxi/Bus?

Steve19842015

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Tomorrow I arrive at MCO at 11PM. Family of 5. What would you recommend for transportation to get to Holiday Inn Springs?

We have used Uber a few times, requesting the larger vehicle due to the number of people and amount of luggage involved. I believe the cost was in the $40-45 range (before any tip). It was a fairly long ride and seemed reasonable to me.

There was a designated pickup area at the airport. The whole process was smooth and convenient. We never used the service at the time of day you mentioned though.

UberXL is good value but some may not accommodate 5 *and* luggage. Depends on the car they have. Full size SUV yes. Midsize SUV with a folddown 3rd row that competes with trunk space, maybe not. May need 2 cars.

UberXL is good value but some may not accommodate 5 *and* luggage. Depends on the car they have. Full size SUV yes. Midsize SUV with a folddown 3rd row that competes with trunk space, maybe not. May need 2 cars.
Oh boy, this concerns me. We planned to do a Lift or Uber XL with a family of 5 as it seems most cost efficient. If we need to take 2 cars it will probably be cheaper to take a bus. Would love to hear if any other families of 5 needed 2 cars.

It would depend on the amount of luggage you have. The less the better chance of needing only one car. I would start checking what the price should be on both apps. If you refresh the apps after a few minutes sometimes longer the price changes if it is very high to start. However from what I saw during some of my recent searches the reg Uber that fits 3 at best was 50-70 Uber XL was 70-120. Not sure if less people are driving because of gas prices or there is surcharge or rate hike.

I would go with a car service. Won’t be cheap, but it’ll get you all there in one vehicle.
You would probably need a van if you have a large amount of luggage.

I agree with Ross above.

Maximum capacity for Uber/LyftXL is 5 passengers due to covid restrictions. No riders allowed in the front passenger seat.

If you have normal vacation luggage, you would be very lucky to get an XL that would accommodate everything. If luck sends you a minivan, maybe...or maybe still not enough room.

I agree with Ross above.

Maximum capacity for Uber/LyftXL is 5 passengers due to covid restrictions. No riders allowed in the front passenger seat.

If you have normal vacation luggage, you would be very lucky to get an XL that would accommodate everything. If luck sends you a minivan, maybe...or maybe still not enough room.

One more vote to NOT plan on getting 5 people plus vacation luggage in a Uber/Lyft XL. Best bet would be to book a van through a car service, IMO if you want a private ride. Mears or Sunshine Flyer will be cheaper, but not as fast or convenient.

I came across Galaxy airport shuttle whilst looking for transfers.. The shuttles hold 14 plus luggage apparently at a cost of $15 pp ew. Anyone heard of them ? sounds almost too good .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter