MCO shops

Princess Bette

DIS Veteran
Anyone know when the stores in airport open and close? We will be flying in around 8pm on a Saturday and I wondered if they would still be open and then what time they would open on Sunday morning. Thanks! :)

Do u have to go through security if your going to the food court from the hotel? How does that work?

We're staying at the Hyatt also and by looking at the link above, it seems that the food court area is in the main terminal area which is accessible by all passengers and the general public. There are other restaurants in the different terminals, but I'm not really sure how that would work because according to the website those are accessible to ticketed passengers only.

Here's a link to the hours of the shops
http://www.floridaairportguide.com/orlando/orlando-shops.html

We're staying at the Hyatt also and by looking at the link above, it seems that the food court area is in the main terminal area which is accessible by all passengers and the general public. There are other restaurants in the different terminals, but I'm not really sure how that would work because according to the website those are accessible to ticketed passengers only.

Here's a link to the hours of the shops
http://www.floridaairportguide.com/orlando/orlando-shops.html

We're in the Hyatt right now. The food court is reachable without going through security, as are quite a few themed shops. (Disney, sea world, hello Kitty, universal, build a bear, and more).

Not sure of the hours but the food court was still going strong at 9:30pm.

CEGrant said:
We're in the Hyatt right now. The food court is reachable without going through security, as are quite a few themed shops. (Disney, sea world, hello Kitty, universal, build a bear, and more).

Thank you! What about leaving the hotel and airport.... (say to pick up some wine) and come back....any issues?

CEGrant said:

Thank you!

I went to the shops at about 8am Sunday morning and they were open. DD forgot to pack her PJs.

Thank you! What about leaving the hotel and airport.... (say to pick up some wine) and come back....any issues?

No issues. You can come and go as you please. Never had a car, so I can't comment on that, but there is a separate entrance just for the hotel. If you use Google Earth/Bing or any of those satellite imagery services, when you look at the Eastern side of the main terminal, you can see the fountain in front of the entrance.

If you're using your own vehicle, you'll probably have to pay for parking, but you can come and go as you please. :)

No issues. You can come and go as you please. Never had a car, so I can't comment on that, but there is a separate entrance just for the hotel. If you use Google Earth/Bing or any of those satellite imagery services, when you look at the Eastern side of the main terminal, you can see the fountain in front of the entrance.

If you're using your own vehicle, you'll probably have to pay for parking, but you can come and go as you please. :)

Thanks! We are actually just renting a car for the night, to do a last min run for beverages :)

Thanks! We are actually just renting a car for the night, to do a last min run for beverages :)

You may want to stop at the main entrance with your purchases. That way, you can get a bellman to help you with your purchases. If you park in normal airport parking (and there may be a separate lot for hotel guests, I really don't know) - you would have to pay for one of those Smarte Carts.

And just as an FYI to all guests - Smarte Carts are NOT allowed on the floors with guestrooms. Didn't know that until I got up to the lobby floor to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter