MCO Car Rental - Stand in line/kiosk/garage?

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

We have been through MCO numerous times, but normally rent cars via Costco and use Alamo. We always just go out to the car garage, never stood in a line at the desk. All of these posts about horrible lines, has me a bit concerned as we are still using Costco, but renting through Budget. We have the Fastbreak account with our credit card loaded, but not sure if we need to stand in line, use a kiosk, or just go out to the garage as we have never used Budget before.

Can anyone elaborate on how you knew which one to do? I need to make this as pain free for my hubby as I can! LOL

Maybe someone else will verify this, but the first time I used Budget even with a FastBreak account, I had to go to the counter so my ID could be scanned. On subsequent trips, it was straight to the garage (did have one exception at FLL last year where they had not printed out contracts and had to stand in line).

Maybe someone else will verify this, but the first time I used Budget even with a FastBreak account, I had to go to the counter so my ID could be scanned. On subsequent trips, it was straight to the garage (did have one exception at FLL last year where they had not printed out contracts and had to stand in line).
I would call the Budget main number to find out directly from them if you're going to have to go to the counter or not. I think every car rental agency requires you to go to the counter the first time even if you have the skip the counter feature if you've never used them before.

Hi guys,

We have been through MCO numerous times, but normally rent cars via Costco and use Alamo. We always just go out to the car garage, never stood in a line at the desk. All of these posts about horrible lines, has me a bit concerned as we are still using Costco, but renting through Budget. We have the Fastbreak account with our credit card loaded, but not sure if we need to stand in line, use a kiosk, or just go out to the garage as we have never used Budget before.

Can anyone elaborate on how you knew which one to do? I need to make this as pain free for my hubby as I can! LOL

We used Budget (via Costco) at MCO in November and again in March. We had also used Budget at Dulles airport in October, and with Fastbreak we were able to bypass the very long line there. At MCO in November, a sign near the counters said for Fastbreak to go directly to the garage, which we did, found our paperwork in the kiosk, found and loaded our car and were on our way. March was a quite different story - went to the garage, no paperwork in the kiosk, long line of people waiting for cars. I think we waited an hour for our car - they were processing the drop offs as fast as they could, cleaning them and bringing them around dripping wet. I think you can go directly to the garage, but whether your car will be ready is a different matter. BTW only the A side is open for rental cars right now - if your plane lands on the B side, be sure to check the airport website shortly before you leave to find out if the B side has opened yet! If not, you need to go down to the baggage level (2), get your bags, go back up to the main level (3) , walk across to the A side, down to ground level (1), across the street to the garage and back up to level 2 in the garage.
Edited to say I’m wrong - both A and B side rental car operations are open now! Hooray! Look here!

This. 100%

Hi guys,

The first time you use Fastbreak, you have to go to counter, but I'm pretty sure it can be the fastbreak counter in the garage which is MUCH shorter than inside!

Good luck!

We have been 50/50 with pre printed paperwork at Budget in MCO with Fastbreak. We have been taken care of at the garage kiosk in those cases where there was none but unfortunately, the Fastbreak line often has numerous parties in it. Not trying to scare you off but sharing realistic experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter