McDonalds Runaway Railway

No tickets in the two we got on Friday. But got Mickey and Minnie in the red car and Donald in the tea cup. May end up with one more trip to see if they get anything new.

There does not seem to be any consistency in the distribution of these toys. I have been to about 30 different stores in the last couple days, the toys have ranged from none, paper headband, star wars, the new Pixar plushies, and some stores still have #1 of the train set. I finally found the #7 that I needed, and the woman there told me that all they had received was #2, 3 and 7. Now I'm down to just needing #9, but after all the hunting I've done I'm not too hopeful.

So people are reporting the lack of tickets in the new bags, and now the Happy Meal/Disney link on the app went from being unable to load to not even being clickable.

And the Happy Meal website no longer features any mention of the Mickey line. Yet the photo I linked from McD's on page 1 of this thread is still on their servers. I know the recall was a temporary measure but I'm wondering if the contest is on shaky ground.

As of last Sunday my 2 closest McDonald’s are not getting anymore Mickey toys they said. This promotion didn’t last?

it certainly seems like the distribution of the revised Mickey toys has been spotty. I haven't seen any since the recall.

does anyone know what the end date was for this set of toys?

does anyone know what the end date was for this set of toys?

The original press release I believe said Dec. 14th. Not sure about now.

Today I finally got one that I didn't already have, and it came without the ticket. It seems like all of the locations near me except for one is not getting the toys anymore. I'm wondering how toy distribution works. Because the toys were recalled, can a franchise choose not to distribute the revised toys or is how and where the toys will be distributed decided by corporate?

I believe it was supposed to be Jan. 4th or until supplies ran out. A collectors fan site says the postponed Soul toys are supposed to start on 12/15. Here in my area of NC, McDonalds are doing old toys. I guess we will see what happens soon.

One store I went into, the woman (I'm guessing she was a manager), actually held a toy in her hand (the #4), then told me they couldn't sell it because they had been recalled. This was two days after I had purchased the #5 piece there.

One store I went into, the woman (I'm guessing she was a manager), actually held a toy in her hand (the #4), then told me they couldn't sell it because they had been recalled. This was two days after I had purchased the #5 piece there.
Unless McDonalds keeps a strict inventory count over each particular line of Happy Meal toys, I can't see why she can't fork it over. Just my take, but the toys themselves aren't a safety issue and the recall is more about the tickets/dates.

Went back last night, the Mickey display was still up at the Drive Through. Instead of Mickey, I got a generic Happy Meal box, and a lame Marvel Winter Soldier toy (oddly his face looked a lot like Diego from Dora Explorer). The Runaway train has left the station!

Was at my good McDonald’s where you can easily joy them and they have soul out now , very boring IMO.FD91612C-B48C-4D80-9D6B-00ED9E08F5FE.jpeg

I gave up looking a while ago. I do have 1, 2 and 3.

what is the current status? I know it was spotty before. some stores had them some didn't.

Oh well, looks like the Mickey Railway is DOA. The last night I went (the other week), I also picked up these Disney Villains Domez, which made up for the Mickey loss:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter