MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Carole!!! 😂😂
Thinking of you and Tom today as I am sitting at Jakes enjoying a quiet cocktail while I wait for my room. I can’t believe how long it has been since you two have been able to be here. Know I’m having a drink in your honor!

Yay!!! Sounds good to me...... :cheer2:

I`m sipping red wine right now....so will toast with you!!

How lovely you`re there right now.....I hope you have a wonderful trip......come tell us about it, or are you planning a TR??

Yes, it`s been too long......but, every day we pass is another day closer to getting back where we love......have a blast.......:wave2:

Yippee for a trip and a trip report too! I love reading along with you guys and hope one day our paths will cross even though I am quite the Disneyphile. 😁 Maybe we can hook up some time at City Walk - we would have so much to talk about!

Hello Minniedoc.....it is really good to see you......oh did you do the trip to the Cotswolds and was it Cornwall or Devon?? We did a short week in the Cotswolds last October.....beautiful area of the country.

Oh absolutely......would love to be able to say hello to you one day.....I have many friends who love Disney too.....so we`d be fine.....:hmghost: always wanted to use that icon......lol.....

Yep, as soon as we know when we`ll be visiting, I`ll have a TR up before anyone can blink.....and will love see you join in again too.....

Hope you are doing wonderfully right now....tough times for many, but all good wishes :wave2:

Hello Minniedoc.....it is really good to see you......oh did you do the trip to the Cotswolds and was it Cornwall or Devon?? We did a short week in the Cotswolds last October.....beautiful area of the country.

Oh absolutely......would love to be able to say hello to you one day.....I have many friends who love Disney too.....so we`d be fine.....:hmghost: always wanted to use that icon......lol.....

Yep, as soon as we know when we`ll be visiting, I`ll have a TR up before anyone can blink.....and will love see you join in again too.....

Hope you are doing wonderfully right now....tough times for many, but all good wishes :wave2:

I sadly had to cancel my lovely 15 day walking tour through the cotswolds and Cornwall because I got a stress fracture - left fibula - wore a nice walking boot for several months but ok now!

will get across that pond soon I hope! I am very impressed that you remember I was goi g / has been over 2 years ago now! ❤️

I just got back from a stay at Saratoga Springs resort on Disney property but did not go onto the parks yet - waiting fir them to begin selling annual passes and I am in. 👍

thought of you guys this week each I was driving near universal - I need some minions stuff for one of my sons (30) who loves his minions. Do they sell minions gear at city walk or do I have to go in the park? 😳

I sadly had to cancel my lovely 15 day walking tour through the cotswolds and Cornwall because I got a stress fracture - left fibula - wore a nice walking boot for several months but ok now!

will get across that pond soon I hope! I am very impressed that you remember I was goi g / has been over 2 years ago now! ❤

I just got back from a stay at Saratoga Springs resort on Disney property but did not go onto the parks yet - waiting fir them to begin selling annual passes and I am in. 👍

thought of you guys this week each I was driving near universal - I need some minions stuff for one of my sons (30) who loves his minions. Do they sell minions gear at city walk or do I have to go in the park? 😳

There`s the new Universal Store has opened up in Citywalk, it sells everything.....there`s also the original store that sells older items, so yes, you`ll be able to buy some stuff without going in the park.

Oh what a shame you missed such a wonderful trip to the UK! I`m glad you are properly recovered, that does sound a very painful injury.

I thought of you when we went across to the Cotwolds in October as very few folks from abroad are as specific to an area they`re visiting. And both beautiful areas. It`s been several years since we were down in Cornwall, but gorgeous place to visit. We always stayed in a rented house in Marazion, opposite St Michaels Mount if you know it......love it down there and wish we visited more often. But, I think the Cotswolds is one of our favourite areas in England, despite not being near the sea which of course Cornwall is just amazing for.

I hope you get back in the parks soon.....AP will come back of course, it`s just not fun waiting for it to happen....then yes, you`ll get back to some kind of normality....

Don`t be a stranger, so good to see you..... :wave2:

Dang it... going to be at Universal twice this year and won't get to see you likely... going early June and last week of December (because we're nuts but basically we just want to walk around and drink hot butterbeer!). So sad we didn't get our May 2020 meetup! <3

Dang it... going to be at Universal twice this year and won't get to see you likely... going early June and last week of December (because we're nuts but basically we just want to walk around and drink hot butterbeer!). So sad we didn't get our May 2020 meetup! <3

I know!!! We had a lovely meet planned last May, we were so looking forward to it....and getting back to Disney property for the first time in many years......lol....quite a feat for us.

Oh you`re not nuts going then, it`ll be fun......ok maybe a little nuts......:laughing: it`s so lovely that time of year though. We do like the end of November into December......fingers crossed for that one!!

There`s always next year Alice.......::yes::

But, he’ll have the best time. They’ll look after international students very well, they have a wonderful reputation. And they’ll be well advised where to avoid, as I said it’s many years since we spent time in Glasgow. All pre covid of course.

Some of my family live close to Glasgow so if there is anything I can answer I will be glad to......but keep us updated, it’s an exciting time for him and you too of course......

But, again, big congratulations to him on his choice.......:wave2:

Thanks so much for the insight and info! (sorry to commandeer your TR for a minute lol) But much appreciated. I have no idea what he is going to decide. I think Glasgow would be a fabulous experience, my real worry is if he is up to the academics there or not. From what I hear, UK high schools are much more rigorous than those in the US where he has been (and Canada too), so I worry a bit that it would be a real shocker for him. Any college will be I'm sure, but it seems like maybe more so in the UK...but who knows!!

Thanks so much for the insight and info! (sorry to commandeer your TR for a minute lol) But much appreciated. I have no idea what he is going to decide. I think Glasgow would be a fabulous experience, my real worry is if he is up to the academics there or not. From what I hear, UK high schools are much more rigorous than those in the US where he has been (and Canada too), so I worry a bit that it would be a real shocker for him. Any college will be I'm sure, but it seems like maybe more so in the UK...but who knows!!

Oh absolutely no worries......it`s nice to chat......::yes::

I have no real knowledge of the differences in academic requirements vs abilities between here and America/Canada. It`s been a long time since I did my degrees.

But, the top ones certainly do take the cream of the crop usually.

If he`s been accepted, I`m sure he`ll be capable. But, I know what you mean, it is something to think about.

It`s wonderful he has some excellent choices. As someone from Scotland I`m automatically inclined to choose the other options as they seem more glamourous to me, but can see the appeal coming from the other way.

Good luck, I`m sure you`ll help him make the right decision....keep us updated for sure.

Oh the weather can be very sucky in Glasgow if that`s a consideration.....lol.....

Oh absolutely no worries......it`s nice to chat......::yes::

I have no real knowledge of the differences in academic requirements vs abilities between here and America/Canada. It`s been a long time since I did my degrees.

But, the top ones certainly do take the cream of the crop usually.

If he`s been accepted, I`m sure he`ll be capable. But, I know what you mean, it is something to think about.

It`s wonderful he has some excellent choices. As someone from Scotland I`m automatically inclined to choose the other options as they seem more glamourous to me, but can see the appeal coming from the other way.

Good luck, I`m sure you`ll help him make the right decision....keep us updated for sure.

Oh the weather can be very sucky in Glasgow if that`s a consideration.....lol.....

Yes, part of me believes if they accepted him, then he must be able to handle it...however...because of Covid, this year they did not require writing of the SAT subject tests for international students...and I have to wonder if that might have changed things for him or not...he is a smart kid, and I hate to say this about him, but his work ethic just isn't the greatest, and I'm just not sure that the self motivated style of learning at UK (or any college really) is going to work for him...I really hope I'm wrong and that he will step up...we shall see!!

Funny you mention the sucky weather in Glasgow...I think he is a glutton for punishment in that regard...all the schools he is considering are in rainy cold places lol...Glasgow...Boston or Vancouver.....and Seattle was also on his radar...so...I don't think he's too bothered by weather!! Funnily enough...he also got accepted to a school in South Florida...personally I would have picked that but he doesn't like it because it's not as urban as the other schools....

Yes, part of me believes if they accepted him, then he must be able to handle it...however...because of Covid, this year they did not require writing of the SAT subject tests for international students...and I have to wonder if that might have changed things for him or not...he is a smart kid, and I hate to say this about him, but his work ethic just isn't the greatest, and I'm just not sure that the self motivated style of learning at UK (or any college really) is going to work for him...I really hope I'm wrong and that he will step up...we shall see!!

Funny you mention the sucky weather in Glasgow...I think he is a glutton for punishment in that regard...all the schools he is considering are in rainy cold places lol...Glasgow...Boston or Vancouver.....and Seattle was also on his radar...so...I don't think he's too bothered by weather!! Funnily enough...he also got accepted to a school in South Florida...personally I would have picked that but he doesn't like it because it's not as urban as the other schools....

Ah, I hear you.

Peer pressure in such an establishment might do him the power of good, he obviously has the ability to have been accepted, an achievement in itself.

lol....Seattle is one of the many places on my bucket list for the US, Boston too. There`s something about both places that has always appealed to me, even with the rain. But, of course growing up in the West of Scotland, rain is almost as prevalent as breathing on that side of the country.

Aww, I hope he makes the right decision....I`m sure he will :flower3:

Hello, Carole!
I am new to the Universal boards and have just spent a few days reading this PTR. Wow, what a ride!! Some of those early pages, where people were writing, "I think May will be okay" then "well, the September trip should work out" I was sitting over here like::scared::scared:. Good thing we didn't know how long this was going to last when it started out, I think we all would have had panic attacks!

I looked at a couple of your other TRs as well and I feel like I've gotten a lot of good info from you. Thanks for that! DH and I are planning to stay at RP from June 12-15, then CBBR from June 15-19. Neither of us has even been to Universal so looking forward to something different, even though I love Disney. I'm thinking a full week will allow us to relax some and not feel like we have to GO GO GO. Also, I don't do great on big rides, so I'm going to try to do them all, but several will be one and done I'm sure.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info!

Hello, Carole!
I am new to the Universal boards and have just spent a few days reading this PTR. Wow, what a ride!! Some of those early pages, where people were writing, "I think May will be okay" then "well, the September trip should work out" I was sitting over here like::scared::scared:. Good thing we didn't know how long this was going to last when it started out, I think we all would have had panic attacks!

I looked at a couple of your other TRs as well and I feel like I've gotten a lot of good info from you. Thanks for that! DH and I are planning to stay at RP from June 12-15, then CBBR from June 15-19. Neither of us has even been to Universal so looking forward to something different, even though I love Disney. I'm thinking a full week will allow us to relax some and not feel like we have to GO GO GO. Also, I don't do great on big rides, so I'm going to try to do them all, but several will be one and done I'm sure.

Anyway, thanks for all the great info!

Well,:welcome: mamamelody2

Oh goodness, yes, looking back it‘s quite disturbing how hopeful most of us were early days last year. Yes, it would have been unimaginable to think how long it would have went on for back then.

And thank you, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed reading them.

I hope you love Universal Orlando. The changes over the last 10 years have been truly amazing. And I agree, having a week will make it so relaxing, even with crowds the EP will be so worth it.

And happy to hear you’re going to give the bigger rides a try.......hope you love them!

The new Velocicoaster Opens June 10th, I imagine the lines will be huge for that one, but you never know, hope you get to try it too. I have to admit, I’d love to go back and Universal again for the first time. I’ll never forget the first time we walked into Hogsmeade and then Diagon Alley......spectacular.

I’m sure you’ll have a blast...........:wave2:

Hi Shumigirl!

I think that things are going to start opening up internationally faster than most of us think. While the media would like you to think that Florida is a hot mess, it isn't. Weve had one of the lowest death rates in the country while having the third largest population. We are also vaccinating people at a rapid rate. As of this morning, 40% of Florida's population has had at least one vaccination shot. Every single person I know has been vaccinated including my 260 employees. While the media hates Governor DeSantis, most Floridians are proud of the job he is doing. Our state is open for business while still masking up and socially distancing. It's not perfect but we aren't stuck at home and we respect those who are home by choice.

Macron's announcement yesterday has me very hopeful for a fall trip to Paris.

I hope you and your family are able to come back soon for a safe trip to Universal.

Hi Shumigirl!

I think that things are going to start opening up internationally faster than most of us think. While the media would like you to think that Florida is a hot mess, it isn't. Weve had one of the lowest death rates in the country while having the third largest population. We are also vaccinating people at a rapid rate. As of this morning, 40% of Florida's population has had at least one vaccination shot. Every single person I know has been vaccinated including my 260 employees. While the media hates Governor DeSantis, most Floridians are proud of the job he is doing. Our state is open for business while still masking up and socially distancing. It's not perfect but we aren't stuck at home and we respect those who are home by choice.

Macron's announcement yesterday has me very hopeful for a fall trip to Paris.

I hope you and your family are able to come back soon for a safe trip to Universal.

Hello SCDizFan.....so good to see you!

Thank you......I hope from your lips to Governements ears with the travel......it`s good to know things are looking better for Floridians. Yes, the picture painted has been poor on this side of the Atlantic for sure of how the State is actually doing.

Friends who live there are saying a very similar thing to what you have said. We don`t hear much on DeSantis over here good or bad, but the State does seem to be open for business which is excellent.

Yes, Macron made a bold statement, hopefully he`ll follow through. I do think (hope) Vaccine passports will be a way forward in the future, certainly for International Travel and I`d be happy to comply.

There`s an announcement due next month for us, but until America opens their borders we won`t be going anywhere.

And yes, hopefully you`ll be back visiting Europe soon too, Paris is quite a city to see.......it`s been a long haul for sure......

And all good wishes to you and yours too....... :wave2:

Hope you're well Carole. No news on any trips though? :guilty:
Not sure if I'll be going anywhere soon. I did finally tell one of my medical practices that I was going to go part-time so now just 1.5 employee. :crazy2:.
Also, I lost my dear sweet Mom recently. She was 94 and yet it was so sudden, not ill though. Very sudden and painless.
:(:sad:

Hope you're well Carole. No news on any trips though? :guilty:
Not sure if I'll be going anywhere soon. I did finally tell one of my medical practices that I was going to go part-time so now just 1.5 employee. :crazy2:.
Also, I lost my dear sweet Mom recently. She was 94 and yet it was so sudden, not ill though. Very sudden and painless.
:(:sad:

Oh Tink, I`m so very sorry about the loss of your mum. It never matters how old they are, it`s still your mum whom you loved very much and it`s a terrible loss regardless.

I`m sure it`s of some comfort that it was painless and swift too, I`m sure that`s a wish all of us have for loved ones when they pass. There`s a huge loss there for you now, and I hope you can take the time to grieve properly.

Taking some time for yourself and working less sounds a good idea. I do hope you can start planning a trip sometime soon, I think that would be a blessing for you and all of us for sure.

No news yet for us, there`s an announcement on the 17th of this month when Boris will let us know what countries will be on the Green list for us to be able to fly to. Then it`s waiting to see if Mr Biden opens up American borders. I think he is coming here in June for a visit, so who knows, he may announce then there will be a corridor between us open up, or maybe not. No big hopes yet for us. It`ll happen when it`s time.

We`re all doing good though, thank you. Tom and I had our first vaccine in March, and both get our second the beginning of June, so we`ll be ready for those vaccine passports when they introduce them, which I`m sure they will. Tom and I are walking every day, weather permitting and surprisingly, we are really enjoying it. I think couch potato would have been a good description of us for 2020 😉

But, sending you many hugs from all of us here. It`s such a sad loss for you :hug:

And always good to see you here......:wave2:

Helloooo just swinging by to say hi!! Glad to hear you are getting a chance to get out and about...I hear things are opening up more over there on your side of the pond!!! Yay for dose 1 of vaccine and dose 2 coming soon!!!

Helloooo just swinging by to say hi!! Glad to hear you are getting a chance to get out and about...I hear things are opening up more over there on your side of the pond!!! Yay for dose 1 of vaccine and dose 2 coming soon!!!

Hey Kathy!!!

And a big HI back :wave2: .....good to see you......yes, things are slowly moving forward with regards to dining out and so on, which is lovely.....finally! We have a trip planned to Scotland next month which we are so looking forward to. Seeing family will be lovely.

Had to postpone that trip slightly till the end of next month as I`ve had a procedure done on my foot which has caused me to stop walking for a while. I can get around ok, but no walking for miles for a while.....we do miss it....never thought I`d say that!! But, slowly improving every day.

How about where you are? Are there any changes for the better?

Vaccinations certainly promised to be a game changer, so fingers crossed.

Hope things are good for you and yours too.....:flower3:

Had to postpone that trip slightly till the end of next month as I`ve had a procedure done on my foot which has caused me to stop walking for a while. I can get around ok, but no walking for miles for a while.....we do miss it....never thought I`d say that!! But, slowly improving every day.

That is so great to hear that you are improving. I totally know what you mean about missing walks!! it is amazing what a difference that makes to ones mental health. I hope you can get back to it soon!

How about where you are? Are there any changes for the better?

Vaccinations certainly promised to be a game changer, so fingers crossed.

Well up and down. I did manage to get to the US for my son's graduation (doing a sort of mini TR for that..) but now am home in super strict quarantine, I am on day five now...9 more days to go. But it's not that different because in Ontario anyway, we are still on stay at home orders. No indoor or outdoor dining and no in store shopping for most things. But things are supposed to slowly start opening up on June 14 depending on how things go. Vaccines are definitely picking up the pace which is great...but that's for dose 1...I don't think they have quite figured out the plan for dose 2...I jumped the queue a bit and got my dose 2 in the US while there anyway...not like I made a special trip...though I'm pretty sure lots of people are doing that!!

That is so great to hear that you are improving. I totally know what you mean about missing walks!! it is amazing what a difference that makes to ones mental health. I hope you can get back to it soon!

Well up and down. I did manage to get to the US for my son's graduation (doing a sort of mini TR for that..) but now am home in super strict quarantine, I am on day five now...9 more days to go. But it's not that different because in Ontario anyway, we are still on stay at home orders. No indoor or outdoor dining and no in store shopping for most things. But things are supposed to slowly start opening up on June 14 depending on how things go. Vaccines are definitely picking up the pace which is great...but that's for dose 1...I don't think they have quite figured out the plan for dose 2...I jumped the queue a bit and got my dose 2 in the US while there anyway...not like I made a special trip...though I'm pretty sure lots of people are doing that!!

Oh I`m so happy you got to the Graduation! That must have made you all so happy to be able to make that journey. And glad you are vaxxed now, it does seem to be picking up in a lot of areas now. It still sounds quite restrictive where you are, but yes, hopefully soon it`ll start to open up again. It is so much better just to be able to get out and shop where and when you feel like.

I need to read through your TR in your signature.....colour me unobservant, I`ve never noticed it before......lol.....

We can`t wait to get back walking. Weather is hopefully going to improve soon so walking will be more fun then. Or I`ll complain it`s too hot.....lol.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter