MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

I actually have no clue what Niagara Falls and surrounding areas are like.
Niagara Falls USA is not that worth seeing...but hopping over to the Canadian side is well worth it :)) Buffalo is kind of sketchy (but they do have good chicken wings lol) Niagara Falls (either USA or Canada) would be a long drive from NYC, I think about 7 hours or so? But if you have the time I've done that drive and there are some adorable towns to stop in and beautiful scenery along that drive if you wanted to make a nice road trip of it!!
Buffalo native here.. I'd be happy to offer suggestions of wonderful places to visit in Niagara Falls and the surrounding areas if you do ever make it to the area :) Buffalo is just like any other major city. It has some not so great areas (as does Niagara Falls) but there's also some really wonderful places as well. Our waterfront has been under development for years and is really becoming quite a lovely spot for travelers! But I do agree with Kathy's statement that the falls themselves are much better viewed from the Canadian side! For me, the drive to NYC isn't too bad, but there are stretches when your just driving highways in the middle of nowhere that seem like they never end lol But from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, to Albany all offer great places to stop to eat or shop on the way!

So, that`s Yellow Dog Eats. They also have one at New Smyrna Beach, but we`ve never gone to that one. It has as good a reputation as this one does......
That place looks like so much fun!! Those desserts are making my mouth water..

Will be back soon with another update.......and thanks to another suggestion from the lovely worfiedoodles.......come September I think we need to do a "Best of pictures" from HHN over the years.........🎃
Thats a wonderful idea! I can't wait to take the trip down memory lane.. with seeing all the vlogs from the tribute store I'm really missing HHN something fierce right now.

I hope everyone is doing fabulously.....won`t be updating this till I get back now, although it`s not a long trip.....we`re back home Saturday early evening.

Even after a week of eating out and being spoiled I`m sure, it`ll be takeout Saturday night for sure........

Take care for now...see you when I get back...:wave2:

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! and Happy Birthday Tom!

scotland-L.jpg

Well.......it`s not Florida, but it`s finally time for us to head up to Scotland tomorrow morning :cheer2:

Weather looks good for the drive up which will take us most of the day, but after that......well, I think I`ll need an umbrella.....☔

Yes, I do have a purple umbrella.....of course....😁

Plan is to leave around 8-8.30ish.....and drive till lunchtime then stop at our usual pub for lunch....best shrimp sandwiches around.....or prawn sandwich as we tend to call them over here. They do wonderful food, but as we have dinner reservations in the hotel restaurant, we don`t want a large lunch.......so it`s ideal for us. No bookings there, first come first served, but it`s a Monday and shouldn`t be too busy.

Then by the time we check into the hotel, it`ll almost be time for dinner. I`m hoping the sun is still shining by the time we get up as the view is beautiful......we overlook one of my favourite islands on the planet.......but when the weather creeps in, it can become invisible. The West coast is stunning and is famous for the saying, if you don`t like the weather hang around for 20 minutes and it`ll change......but this weather front moving in looks nasty......I think it`s coming from Canada...........Thanks for that Canada.....🇨🇦 😉

It`ll be an early night for us after such a long drive, then Tuesday morning it`s straight along to my mum`s.....finally!

And Tom`s birthday......:cake:

We have no real plans during the day, it`ll be chatting, catching up and a few relatives will pop in. Night time is Tom`s birthday dinner, which is much smaller than we would normally have due to restrictions.

You can have up to three separate households at one table, so as they are taking names and addresses for the Track and Trace system, we had to limit it. But, he loves this place and we`ll still have a lovely time. It`ll be my mum, sister and her husband and my favourite, favourite niece......she`s a much more beautiful me.....we are so alike in many ways.....my brother in law jokes she is more like me than anyone else.......in fact everyone says it....
.::yes::

Rest of the visit will be seeing my brothers, nephew & wife and a couple of uncle`s I haven`t seen in a long time either. Friends we will fit in where we can. As this is only a six day visit and first and last days are travel times, we can`t see everyone.

If the weather is decent one of the days, we`ll have a drive out somewhere with mum. There are so many beautiful and stunning places to visit, and with our time limits we just won`t see all the places we should like to visit.

We now have dinner plans for every night and reservations in place.......I am soooooo not a planner.....and I hate having to book all these places in advance. But, of course it`s just how it is right now and we`ll make the best of it.

I am excited to travel tomorrow......although we have lived mostly in England for the last 25 years, Scotland is home......and always will be.

I always get a little emotional as we drive towards this sign at the Scotland/England border, and I know although it`s still a long drive ahead, we feel we`re home.

I hope everyone is doing fabulously.....won`t be updating this till I get back now, although it`s not a long trip.....we`re back home Saturday early evening.

Even after a week of eating out and being spoiled I`m sure, it`ll be takeout Saturday night for sure........

Take care for now...see you when I get back...:wave2:

scotland%201-S.jpg

Hello Carole! Hope you are having a lovely time in Scotland and that weather system from Canada wasn’t too bad. (sorry:worship:) Happy belated birthday to Tom:cake:. Looking forward to reading all about your travels.
Brenda

Woo Hoo Trip day!!! :cheer2:

Happy Birthday Tom!! :bday:

Hope you have a fantastic trip, a well deserved trip!! Safe travels! :car:

(take lots of pictures)

Thanks....... :wave2:

It did feel like a well deserved trip.....loved every minute......we did take some pictures, between the rain we had......lol.....most of our time was with family, but we did manage the odd few, and some food pictures too.......but nothing spectacular......

Hope you`re doing well.....and not long till your trip now!! I`m so looking forward to hearing all about it.....::yes::

I love British prawn sandwiches!! So yum. Enjoy!!

Can't be from Canada lol

Wow that's hard core. Here they are taking names and phone numbers but don't seem to be actually checking how many different households are at a table. They probably should...I have only dined out a couple of times and try to sit farther away from people I don't live with too...but it's getting very tiresome, though I know we have to keep our guard up especially for the fall and back to school..ugh.

I "am" a planner, and this even drives me nuts the extent to which you have to plan everything these days. Hang in there!!!

lol......We "thanked" Canada several times.......actually it never ended up as bad as forecast, except Tuesday morning.....it looked like snow, but just rain coming in sideways.......very weird!

I adore prawn sandwiches!!!! The pub we stopped off at on the way up, that`s what I had for lunch.......lush.....very simple, but very nice!

Our plans all fell into place in the end. I was glad as I didn`t want any fussing around with restaurants.......but we managed to never miss a meal which works for us.......:rotfl:

We felt very comfortable everywhere we eat.....some places weren`t as far apart as others, but it was fine.......we did have fun.

I hope Schumi packed a cake for time and hid it in the car

nice surprise for his birthday!

lol......I`m ashamed to admit.......we didn`t have a cake this year :duck:.....he didn`t want one and said we`ll get one tomorrow night when we`re back home and Kyle can help eat it......sounded like a plan to me.......so they have orders to pick up one up :thumbsup2

Buffalo native here.. I'd be happy to offer suggestions of wonderful places to visit in Niagara Falls and the surrounding areas if you do ever make it to the area :) Buffalo is just like any other major city. It has some not so great areas (as does Niagara Falls) but there's also some really wonderful places as well. Our waterfront has been under development for years and is really becoming quite a lovely spot for travelers! But I do agree with Kathy's statement that the falls themselves are much better viewed from the Canadian side! For me, the drive to NYC isn't too bad, but there are stretches when your just driving highways in the middle of nowhere that seem like they never end lol But from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, to Albany all offer great places to stop to eat or shop on the way!

That place looks like so much fun!! Those desserts are making my mouth water..

Thats a wonderful idea! I can't wait to take the trip down memory lane.. with seeing all the vlogs from the tribute store I'm really missing HHN something fierce right now.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! and Happy Birthday Tom!

Thanks so much.......he had a lovely birthday and trip too.......

Oh I know.....HHN has been a staple of our September trips for so many years, we`ll miss it massively this year! Will put together some images from previous years for sure.......

YDE is well worth a trip up.....the desserts are fabulous!

Enjoy the trip to your home country! Safe travels to both of you and Happy Birthday to Tom!

Awww....thanks Caroline.......we love being back up here, sadly don`t make it up often enough......such a beautiful country......

And thank you....will pass it on..... :thumbsup2

Hello Carole! Hope you are having a lovely time in Scotland and that weather system from Canada wasn’t too bad. (sorry:worship:) Happy belated birthday to Tom:cake:. Looking forward to reading all about your travels.
Brenda

lol.....it ended up only lasting one day really, and by lunchtime the worst was over.....I don`t hold grudges....well...maybe a few... :rotfl:

Thank you.......his birthday was lovely.......I did take some pictures while we were up that I can post, but not many, mostly family ones.....did get some though......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter