• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May1st-8th (what To Expect?)

TOMMY2150

Earning My Ears
Will be at WDW May 1st-8th....I am wanting to know what to expect via crowds and weather. I have been in Feb, Mar, and Oct, but never in May....from Birnbaums, they say that late april and early may is a very good time to visit. Is this true??

Also, I have seating at CRT on Monday May 3rd at 8:10.....will I have a problem getting there via bus?? Should I geta taxi???

Any help will be awesome!!

Thanks,

Tommy

We love going during this week. Last year the crowds were moderate, with some line waits but not longer than a half hour without fastpass. You knew there were a few people in the parks with you so it was not what I would call low attendance, but it certainly is not high attendance and probably people wouldn't even classify it as moderate either, but you could not walk on rides during the middle of the day. Also we definately needed PSs for the dining we were determined to do and that were popular. We did take some breaks to get away from crowds at a few points in the day, but the crowds did not get overbearing at any time. We stayed in FtW at the cabins and there were several cabins in our loop tat were empty, but towards the end of the first week in May they began to become more inhabited and the parks were getting more crowded.

Last year we had unusually high temps for this week. It was in the high eighties to low nineties - they are having that weather right now again, so who knows about later in April and May- whether it will be a repeat performance for high temps or not. It is supposed to be in the low eighties for it to be normal temps for the time of year.

The only other point I would make is that sometimes hours can be a little short during this week - I think hours are out now so you will be able to determine if this is true or not. Sometimes also there are shortened hours to accomodate Senior Nights but that is only at MK.

We also went to CRT - you should have no problem getting a bus, but the real experts on this issue will be along shortly.

Hope this helps. :wave2:

:jumping2: :happy1: Oops, I forgot to say: WELCOME TO THE DIS! :happy1: :jumping2:

Hi

We are going the first two weeks in may too. Is great to hear that the parks shouldnt be too busy. We used to go early April but we were unlucky with the weather last year so decided to go a bit later this time!!! Hopefully the evenings should be slightly warmer too. :sunny:

We go this time every year as well. You will love the Flower and Garden Fest. EPCOT is really decked out nicely. Flowers and Shrubs are an attraction in themselves. I agree with the crowds. They are moderate to low. Have a great trip!
ADP :D

We are also going during this time. :Pinkbounc We usually go the end of June/beginning of July.

We are not really planners, we decided which park we will go to the evening before. During our previous trips I have never had any problems getting PS's the day of, except at Chef Mickeys and of course CRT. So, with low to moderate crowds we should be ok?

I have been sitting here trying to figure out what we are going to do, and I just can't plan that far ahead.
:headache:

We arrive 5/6--just booked late last night. We've done early May (first two weeks) twice before and it's a great time to go. Crowds are controllable (no real long waits except on Saturday evening) and the temp's are high 80 to low 90's but humidity isn't real bad. It's one of my favorite times to go having been there is August, June, October, September, and March.

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Of my 8 trips to WDW 6 have been in the first 2 weeks of May. If you avoid each park on it's Surprise Morning day it should not be to crowded. Epcot has always been easy to do even with the Flower and Garden Festival. The Studios is really easy, particularly if you hit the Tower of Terror and the Rock'n Rollercoaster first. Because the Animal Kingdom has less attractions they crowd up fairly easy. I do the opposite of everyone else and do all the attractions first except for the Safari which I use a fast pass for. My best safari's have been after 3:00 P.M. The Magic Kingdom is good on off days though lines can build in the early afternoon. I always do 2 days here taking in the big attraction first thing on both mornings and then setting a slow pace the rest of the day. The MK is really crowded on its surprise morning days and Saturdays are packed!!!!
The weather has been quite varied with one exception. It has never been cool or cold. Two times it was very hot on most days. In the mid nineties. Two times it ranged from the mid eighties to low nineties. One time it was in the high seventies to mid eighties and once it was the mid seventies to eighty or so. Be prepared for it to get really hot and if it doesn't, be happy. :) As far as humidty goes it is hard for me to seperate the heat from the humidity but in general it felt that the cooler it was the less humidty there was.

Sounds as though that we are in for a real treat! I am really looking forward to it! We will not be arriving till late saturday afternoon, so we planned on taking in the pool at the ASSports and relaxing frm the travel.

But I have heard some horror stories on getting to your PS at CRT if booked early. I have one on May 3rd at 8:10 am at CRT and the parks do not open till 9am. Will I have a problem??

If no one speaks directly to this I know there has been numerous questions asked about this in the past so you could do a search or just hop over to the transportation forum and ask the question directly about transportation to early morning PS's.

I agree - crowds weren't bad first week of May last year, with the exception of Magic Kingdom on Tuesday of that week. It was packed. It was also HOT!! :D

Yeah! The Weather sounds better than June/July. Thank Goodness. :crazy:

What about rain? Did it rain a lot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter