• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May weather and crowds?

Clearly reading the comments on here it's evident everyone is from different places and likely cooler places....calling May a humid month in FL is funny.....I think it's still pretty dry and comfy in May. I don't think it's really summer until June/early July. And it's not super humid until August.

I think it is nice even late April into May, but I guess it's all relative. I'm just west of Disney, it's 84 degrees today and 54% humidity, which is not bad. And it's not raining yet every afternoon, in fact we could use some rain, it's been very dry. But 84 and sunny could be very hot to people!

But we have had a few low in the 90s days, but when it happens it's only a few days at a time. Not like July when it's every day for months.
I believe we are neighbors. We're west also. Off of 4 about 30 minutes away.

We went twice during mid-May and both times the temps were in the 90s range, so yes, quite hot. Although not nearly as humid as it gets during the summer.

Ha! @TheBigErn I will be heading home on May 23rd, so happy to oblige. Hopefully everyone will kindly stay away for May 12-23.
My suggestion is that everyone stay away in May, especially May 23-28 when we will be there. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Good luck!!!

Seriously, I am waiting for the "crowd calendar" I use to inform me to expects 9-10 instead of 4-5 on my dates. In which case, I might pull the plug!

We're going mid-May and it's already been mid to upper 90's here in Texas so seems like we will be able to handle it just fine lol1

Last time we were there in mid-May the love bugs were everywhere! I shudder just thinking of it...

My suggestion is that everyone stay away in May, especially May 23-28 when we will be there. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Lol we will just miss ya. We’re going May 9-17. don’t mind heat but just praying for reasonable crowds. 🙏🙏🙏

Lol we will just miss ya. We’re going May 9-17. don’t mind heat but just praying for reasonable crowds. 🙏🙏🙏

We are heading down 5/13-5/21, so with us you're both in the clear! I am hoping for reasonable crowds our week too. Hoping the crowd calendar on TP stays with 4-5 for all the parks.

Sorry honey .. My husband and I will be there on those exact dates. Lets pray for NO rain!!!

We went in May 2019 and every day the heat index was over 100. That was too hot for my kids considering it was still in the 60s most days at home lol

I have been the second week of May twice. The first time, 2015, the weather was sunny and in the 70's the entire time, and no rain. The second time, 2018, it stormed and rained the entire time. So go figure. Hopefully it will be nice when you go.

Our trip a few years back in late April through early May was the hottest of any of our trips taken October through June; even hotter than my solo trip in mid June. We were really surprised and actually had to go back to our room each day to cool off. We've now gone back to November through February trips for this reason.
We usually only go in January or February but this year, to accommodate DH’s golf game, I went in late October and early April. It was so hot, but I am a wimp. At least it would cool off at night. Now, I’m considering going in a couple weeks for GOTG previews. Heat amnesia.

Oh no worries there. I’ll be there the week before and it will surely rain and then follow me back to Ohio 🙄
We are neighbors.. we live around Fort Wayne IN. I can plan a trip in a years advance and it will rain! One year we went to Disney for 9 days ..yep you guessed it ...it rained every darn day :(.. But it wont this year .I am thinking positive! :)

We are neighbors.. we live around Fort Wayne IN. I can plan a trip in a years advance and it will rain! One year we went to Disney for 9 days ..yep you guessed it ...it rained every darn day :(.. But it wont this year .I am thinking positive! :)
The one time I finally got to visit Los Angeles, it rained so hard ALL WEEKEND that our hotel flooded. 🤦‍♀️😄

I am thinking everyone is going in May, we will also be there then. 😳 I was hoping for moderate to light crowds but…..
Same here but I have accepted at this point that it will most likely be busy and there are no slow periods anymore :( Now I'm hoping it won't rain the entire time. Last time I went in May it rained EVERY SINGLE day we were there for the entire afternoon.

After yesterdays snowfall in PA (3+ inches!!) I have zero issue with heat or humidity for our trip in a few weeks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter