• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May seem like a silly question

suncat73

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are getting excited for our trip in June - 25th - July 1st. This may seem like a really stupid question but when should we call to make a reservation or to get priority seating for various restaurants? I have been reading a lot on the boards and I am now feeling overwhelmed. It is just the two of us and we were planning on just "winging" it!! Maybe that isn't such a good idea??! We don't even have any ideas where we would want to eat. The only possibilities we came up with were the Italian restaurant at Epcot and/or Sci-Fi.

Anyone have any advice out there?

Although like I said I am feeling overwhelmed, I have really enjoyed reading the DISBOARDS! Everyone is so nice and it is getting me even more excited about our trip!:hyper:

Hi Suncat73! I'm glad you're enjoying the DISBoards. Just keep reading and asking questions, and you'll start feeling less overwhelmed, I promise! :D

To find out when you can call to make Priority Seatings, go to the main page at www.wdwinfo.com and in the bottom left corner you'll see a button labeled Priority Seating Calculator. Just enter your dates and it will tell you when you should call.

As far as deciding where to eat - that one's a little tougher, lol. I can tell you that our family loves Sci Fi. It's a lot of fun there. I'd recommend lunch because they have great burgers and shakes that aren't on the dinner menu, and I haven't read a lot of good reviews of their dinner menu.

Keep reading, and select a couple of restaurants where you'd like to eat. Make PS's for those, and then you can fill in with counter service (no PS needed!) or you can even call once you get to WDW and add some more PS's if you feel like you want to do some more sit-down meals. Just don't feel like you have to have a PS for every meal.

Happy planning, and let us know if you need any more help! :D

Our family of 4 will be there for 6 days in early June. I will start putting an itinerary together next week. Try to figure out where you will be be each day and then choose the restuarants in close proximity. In my humble opinion most restuarants can be priority seated at a month out. It is simple to cancel so don't worry about making reservations too early. One of the joys of WDW is the endless places to eat. The resorts and Parks as you have noticed have tons of wonderful places. Choosing is so objective,
I would go with places that the majority of people on these boards recommends. Some people you can never please. They are complaining machines. Good Luck Dennis

we are going end of july and i have already started making
PS's they are 90 days from the date you need!
so you should be able to make ressies now!

goodluck:sunny:

Wingin' it may be OK for the 2 of you. DH feels lessed stressed during the trip when we do not have to be somewhere at a certain time. A table for 2 is easier for restaurants to fit into the restaurant in a shorter amount of time, so you may luck out with no PS arrangements at all! HOWEVER, if there is say, one special place the two of you want to experience, make the PS there. I've had 50/50 luck getting seated right away w/ a PS at California Grill. I didn't care--there is a GREAT view up on the outdoor area attached to the restaurant and you will have a pager. Also, I beleive restaurants are busier on the weekends due to local traffic.

I was a seating hostess at one of the larger hotels when it opened. There a few things I know about WDW dining! I also know that eating at WDW can be more fun than some of the attractions!!! Good luck, have fun, and please do not feel overwhelmed. Magical things can happen without planning!

I wouldn't wing it in the summer, too many people. Make PS now, you can always cancel them. I usually check my PS list before we leave the hotel each morning and see if any should be changed. At least make PS for any must do places.

We were there in early May 2000 and I didn't even know you could make PS (actually back then I think it was still called reservations), keep in mind that early May isn't a very crowded time, but we couldn't get into any of the restaurants so we just ended up doing counter service, which was fine but I was really wanting to do a nice sit down dinner. This time I took no chances, I have one PS for each day.

Monday: dinner at Garden Grill (Epcot)
Tuesday: lunch at Sci-Fi (DS)
Wednesday: Dinner at Crystal Palace (MK)
Thursday: Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Friday: Lunch at Rainforest Cafe (AK)

We choose Sci-Fi and Rainforest Cafe especially for the kids, but I think us adults will enjoy them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter