May or June?...On-site or Lake Buena Vista?

nikki u.k

Mouseketeer
Hello all:)
I am quite new to this site and i have some big decisions to make in the next 2 weeks, so i thought that i would ask for some advice from the experts!!!

We are going in 2003..... so should i go for my DD 4th birthday (11th June) or should we go for the last 2 weeks in May. If we go in May i cannot use any of the kids clubs (i.e Neverlands at Poly or the one at HRH). I also wanted it to be a special day in Disney for her birthday.
But i know it is quieter in May than June.
Also as i am booking it myself i will (hopefully) be able to to get a discount code for in May but they are very rare in June. Flights are cheeper in May than June (according to a v nice lady at BA)

We have decided to spend our last 6 nts at HRH ( because my DS age 11 and 13 will love IOA) but where for the first 10 nts? POR? BC? or off site at Sheraton Vistana Village Lake BV. I origanally thought BC but now i think is it really worth the extra money???
:confused: POR seems to be very highly rated ?????

Thank you sooooo much for your time and i am sorry to ask lots of questions under one thread.

Nikki

P.S Thanks to all of you on the Chat for making me feel so welcome, it is a great place to be on a Sunday night :D

Hi there, we to are going next year for 3 weeks in may, last year we stayed offsite in july at LBV.I would have no problem recommending LBV, you are very close to all ammenties, and literally 5 minutes away from disney, although i cant comment on your accomadation you have asked about but im sure somebody here can.
My DS birthday is 10th June, and we tried to aim to be out in florida for this date, im sure whatever date you choose for any reason you will be happy with. Why do you require kids clubs?, we find theres so much else to do you cant find time for these LOL

Jules

I would go for May - the kids clubs aren't really important unless you have a specific evening when you are needing a babysitter? but the older 2 would be too old for the kids clubs anyway wouldn't they?

Beach Club looks fantastic, and it is my dream hotel - but it is very expensive - if you have the money and you can afford it, then that would be my first choice - except you mention 3 kids - is there another adult? Just wondering, because I don't know if BC will take 5 people in a room, and it might be quite crowded.

POR - this looks like fun - it's not quite as central as Beach Club, but I would be quite happy to stay there- they do take 5 in some of the rooms, but again could be crowded.

Vistana - this is apartments, and I might be inclinded to go for this because of the extra space you would gain. But then again, Beach Club, within walking distance of Epcot and MGM is a pretty special spot...

tough choice

Bev

Beach Club looks such a lovely resort, but as you say, it is pricey! We have stayed at the Dolphin, which is just across next door to the Beach Club, but quite a bit cheaper. If you have a Disney Club Card you can get half price rooms at the Dolphin, we are staying at Christmas for approx £130 per night (including tax) so you can get some good deals. Rates for next year should be out around July hopefully and cover practically every month of the year, you can see this years rates on the SwanDolphin FAQ on the Resort Board.

Regarding the kids clubs, we have used both Beach Club and Dolphin kids clubs and found them to be great. Unfortunately your oldest boy is too old, as only up to 12 years old are allowed but I guess as he is 13 he would do his own thing anyway?

It would be lovely to be there for your daughter's birthday wouldn't it? Maybe if you stayed at the Dolphin, the difference in price would make it worthwhile? A difficult choice! If you need any more info let me know! :D

mmmmm...I would say definitely stay on site..the magic is amazing!

Not sure which one though...could you stay at POR for 1/2 and BC for 1/2? We stayed at CBR for our last holiday but upgraded to the Poly for the last few nights - awesome!

Forgetting your daughter's birthday for a mo, May will be less crowded and not so hot as June...is this an issue?

Your DD would love the kids clubs I'm sure..our DDs (7 & 5) LOVED them last year!

Why not end of May and beginning of June to take in her birthday on your last day or two?

So many tough questions! LOL

:D Thanks for all the advice. I think i will go in May and as you said Jules & Bev , the kids club...... well who has time!!!! LOL
On -site is best i rekon but i'm still unsure where.
Thanks again
Nikki :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter