May or August?

If you've never been around florida when it wasn't hot and humid you may not realize how much that slows you down in a bad way. We always spend a lot more money on snacks, drinks, etc when it's hot and humid and when it's not we have very little expense in that area. Even if you end up with a crowd in may, it's much more relaxed and your a little more peppy the entire time with picture perfect weather.

Yes. Early May had lower crowds for us in 2014 and this year compared to Late August/Early September 2015. (And the weather was so much better!!)

Crowd-wise, early May noticeably lighter and more casual. Just about every school kid in North America is still in school in early May. This often means shorter park hours, less staffing, more closures, fewer CS dining options, etc.

Crowds in late August are significantly lighter relative to June through mid-August. Not just because maybe 75% of kids are back in school, or because of the 100+ degree weather with 100% humidity, but mid-August marks the start of hurricane season. Hurricanes can mean a week of heavy rain (and, of course, the potential for far worse). This is traditionally why WDW attendance was so low in autumn and why Disney used FD and F&W to entice Fall visitors. But, Florida has been spared a bad hurricane for years, and people have short memories, so it's less of a deterrent right now.

We go the week before Labor Day because we are still out of school (you'll find the vast majority of visitors that week are from Va., Md., NJ or the UK), we are used to the heat (my native D.C. see the same heat and humidity), and the crowds are very manageable. Longer hours are more common in late August (compared to early May), but they are not long days like June thru mid-August.

Note: This year FD starts before Labor Day, which does increase crowds some, but has a very noticeable impact on ADR's, wait times, food service, food quality, etc.

I went the last week to f August last year and we lucked out by dodging a hurricane. Just booked the same week for this August...praying for the same luck. Loved the lower clouds...walked on Soarin several times with no wait.

We have always gone the third week in August. Circumstances were different this year and we tried May for the first time. Actually, we just got home today. May was beautiful! Hot but not super humid like August. Crowds were lighter than August. I would definitely recommend May!

I went once in August. Think...surface of the sun, only humid. May is awesome, even if it rains. Who cares, it always gets sunny again. Nothing will ever make me go back in August unless it's free and I spend the whole trip at water parks.

We love going in May. Not too hot but hot enough to enjoy the pools. The weather this may as compared to last year was a little cool and the heat wasn't too much for my kids.

I went early May last year for the first time. It was fantastic. Having always had to go in summer or holidays due to my daughter's school schedule, early May to me was deserted. lol. Weather was perfect, low humidity and no rain. So I vote for early May...but shhhhhh, don't let the secret out!

I've gone in the middle of May last year and the end of April this year. The weather and crowds have been wonderful. Plus being able to do Epcot during F&G is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter