• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May go March 3-8, thoughts on those dates?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
It'll be our first time taking our 6 yo daughter. We had November 2017 planned but have to switch it now. Is there a reason to reconsider March 3-8? We're staying at poly and doing a 4 day park hopper but will mostly stay at MK. Anything crazy going on that week?

Will they refund us for the Christmas party or at least let us exchange those tickets for the FEA dessert illuminations show?

The other option is Feb 23-28. Thoughts?

Last edited:
That's a good time to go. I definitely prefer it to November.

Call and ask if they will refund your party tickets. Technically, they're non-refundable, but many people have success if they ask.

We went those dates the last two years (it's our Spring break week) and we love it! Moderate crowds and really nice weather. Can be cool in the morning and can also get very warm in the afternoon with no humidity like in the summer. Now that DH experienced early March, he refuses to go in the summer.

We also typically go this week and love it. Weather is great and the crowds manageable.

I myself and trying to figure out a new time to go. I've been in Dec, that was nice enough, have been in sept many times, the heat and crowds due to F&W and MNSSHP are a little bit of a roller coaster. Next year I'm going at the end of April and hope to have found my new sweet spot. If not then in 19 back to Sept, but I think year after I may try Jan. I wish you luck and hope you update with your experience.

That's a good week.. A few days later and crowds are crazy. I was there on spring break week and it was ridiculous!!

Your first weekend would be crowded, many schools in the NE have that week off from school.
Oh I didn't know that thanks! Dads crowd calendar says it's moderate and shows our march dates as more crowded. Now I'm torn bc there's a school dance the friday night before we would leave for the march trip and 5 yo won't get to bed until 9:30 as opposed to 7:30 if we did feb.

Here is dads crowd calender for those two dates.I tried to snip and only do feb and march but it wouldn't work.
2018-crowd-cal-full.png

Thanks so much everyone! We're also considering Feb 23-28. Thoughts on that?
The beginning of that week is princess half marathon so there will be crowds from that. I've been that first week in March and it has been low crowds!

We have done a lot of different March weeks and that one is the best. Crowds, cooler weather and Flower and Garden Festival.

This time of year is usually great for weather and before most spring breaks -- just a few college ones then. IMHO this is a fantastic time to go. I like this time of year for a good chance of glorious weather and relatively low humidity compared to other times of the year. Winter is more hit or miss for it being warm enough and June - October is quite hot and humid (October being better than June-Sept.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter