• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May Crowds???

DG-12

Mouseketeer
We usually go in the off-season (September) but due to work and conflicts our next trip will be in May... What are the crowds like the second week in May?
Thanks,
Dana

Definitely no where near as low as in Sept., but not too bad either. We went in May this year (18-22) and did use FP (particularly at MK), but also walked on a fair number of rides. Our only complaint was the heat and humidity, but I guess since you're from AZ, the heat shouldn't bother you much!

Have a great time,
Sarah

I was there last year, particularly for the first Star Wars Weekend (May 16 - 19), so I spent a lot of time at MGM. On Friday, it wasn't that bad, just REALLY busy by Star Tours and Tatooine Traders. Also, the special WWTBAM were PACKED. The rides did not have horrible lines. On Saturday, the lines were a little better, with a lot of people waiting in lines for autographs and such. We went to MK at night for an eride and I would say that the lines were okay. We did Fantasyland during Spectro and were in Frontierland for the fireworks. We waited line 5-10 minutes for every ride. Not as bad as a summer eride, but I have been to ones with no waits. Went to MK and MGM on Sunday and it was fine, lines not that bad. Monday we went to Epcot and it really was not busy at all, even though it was still the Flower and Garden Festival.

All in all, the worst lines that I waited in were all for the Star Wars events, so the crowds really were not an issue on the normal rides. Another thing that goes on earlier in the month are the grad nights, so you may want to check those out so that you don't end up at MK on a day that it closes early because of that.

may is a great time to go. we used to go in may every year until dw graduated and became school teacher(raats!). I think the crowds have gotten heavier in may than they used to be but still much lighter than in the summer months. Even though it is may; be prepared for some heat. temps will be in the mid to upper 90's....also, don't forget to bring your sunblock!!

We've gone the first or second week of May the past 4 years and crowds were not bad. Not low as early December but still not bad. Flower & Garden Festival is at Epcot, they have special concerts, nice to see. Weather is hot but very little rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter