May 8 Western cruise-e-mail pals

Leahpie

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I have posted before regarding this cruise and we are so very much looking forward to the cruise and Dismeet.

My children are looking to make some contacts prior to arriving on the ship and would like to e-mail other children who would like to do the same.

My daughter will be just shy of 9 and my son almost 11.

If anyone is interested, post or send me a PM.

Leahpie:sunny:

Pizzieduster,

Thanks for your reply I'm just checking to see if you received my PM. I had some difficulty with it as the system kept telling me I was not logged into the boards.

Let me know if you did not. Thanks!

Leahpie

Hi I am new to the board.

I will also be sailing on this date. I am so excited. I have three girls. They are 7,6, and 3.

Maybe we can meet on the ship.

I live in PA and we will be driving. We are leaving on Friday morning.

Please reply.

Thanks

Hi Cindalu,

Thanks for the reply. We are flying out Friday night and staying at an airport property. We are hoping to be at the ship fairly early. I'm sure you are looking forward to spring and leaving the cold weather behind-I am! I'm sure we could arrange to meet.

Send me a PM if you want to chat.

Thanks,

Leahpie:wave:

Hi
How do you send a PM.

Let me know

Thanks

We will have to try and meet. We will probably be there early too.

Cindalu,

On the left side underneath a post you will see small boxes. ONe says profile, one PM etc. Click on the PM box to send a private message to that poster. If PM is enabled you will be able to do so. In order to receive PM you have to have that option turned on under your profile.

I hope this helps. It took me awhile to figure all of this out.

Leahpie

MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE SAILING WITH 10 YR OLD SON AND 8 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND MY BROTHER. THIS WILL BE OUR 2ND DISNEY CRUISE.WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

I am also cruising with my daughter who will be just shy of 7. This is our first cruise (Mothers Day) and I cannot wait!!

I have second seating for dinner because that is all that is available, however I do not have an assigned cabin yet due to possible upgrade.

There is also another thread in the beginning of the cruise meets for this date, which has been building since LAST may 2003 i believe for this particular cruise dates... I bet you can meet a ton of people there they were up to about 200 responses last I checked.

My DW, DD (7) and DS (4) will also be on the May 8th Magic. Msh8675 I would be willing to bet that my DD would love to make a new friend.:tongue:

Well, that is great to hear...I hope we can plan a meet at some point! My daughter has never been on a cruise (much like myself) and she is wanting to bring her friend along in hopes she will not be "bored"....obviously she has no idea what she is in store for.
I told her she will be making a ton of friends and have plenty to do.
It would be nice to meet new people (as I am cruising solo) and have some adult time...and we are looking forward to making new friends....
Thank you.

When I started this thread I was hoping to link up with families who had DD around my DD's age (almost 9). My son makes friends quickly, but my daughter is more on the shy side. I haven't had too many replies and ones who sent PM's haven't responded back. I guess I'll just hope for the best.

We are hoping to be on the ship first thing and hang out around the pool until the lifeboat drill. I believe there might be other DIS members there as well.

Looking forward to the 8th!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc

Leahpie

Well my DD will be close to 7 when we cruise, and she makes friends pretty easily (not shy) I'm sure we can meet at some point.
I plan to get to the ship around noon so when we are all settled I will work my way to the pool and we can meet. Her name is Kerrin.
Hopefully your daughter will fit right in once she sees all the fun she is having and will forget how easy it is to be shy!

msh8675, My DD will be 4 months shy of 8 but she is very outgoing, once she is introduced, and loves to be active. Her name is Katie. We will be on the ship as soon as they let us board -- we will arrive at the port around 10:00 am -- and I do not think I will have to ask twice if DD and DS want to go to the pool. God, I can't wait for this cruise.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :earseek:

Well Goofyguy...Kerrin turns 7 at the end of June...but she is a tiny bit ahead of herself, I think. She is so sociable I'm sure she will help to make friends for me too! I think everyone should paint their face with that sunscreen paint so we all know who eachother is by the pool... LOL!!

I'm just crazy like that... :crazy:
hee hee
:cutie:

well...38 someodd days and I can't count anymore...the suspense is overbearing....can't we just close our eyes and make a wish and wake up at port????
:jumping1:

caio!
:cool1:

Thanks for the replies. I think DD will probably be fine, it's just easier if she links up early on. She will be almost 9 chronologically but is probably closer to 8 1/2 emotionally.

The weather here in NH is wet, cold and raw; we are on day 3 and more to come with snow predicted for Sunday and Monday. I don't know if I can wait 38 more days:( I just want sunshine and warmth at this point-winter has been toooooo long. I'm praying for Spring to arrive in reality, not just on the calendar.

We are looking for our cruise documents to arrive. I hope it is soon.

Leahpie

I am right with you there with this dreary weather in MA!! We are flooded everywhere and more to come including some snow along with your storm. But lets hope it is soon to pass!!
:wave2:

I just received a message from my travel agent that he has mailed our cruise documents and they will arrive on Monday. Happy Happy day. It might even make up for this weather.

Me and my DW along with two DD's are going on this cruise. My oldest DD just turned 10 in April and the other will turn 9 while on the cruise. We are from Iowa and flying down on Friday, staying at the Radisson. My daughters are very outgoing and would love to meet other children. This is our first cruise of any kind, we are really excited.

Hi fireguy, have you been to our May 8th thread? We have two Dismeets set up. Check it out.
We will be at the Radisson also but getting in a bit late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter