~*May 7 - 11, 2006*~ Wonder

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
It will be me, DH and DD. She'll have just turned 1 at the time of sailing.

This is our 4th 4-nighter. We've also been on a 7-night Eastern.

:sunny: Who is sailing with us?:sunny:

I so glad to find a thread for our cruise - thanks for starting it! We are going on this sailing too. It will be me and DH, DD then 5 and DS then 3, and my parents. We are spending 7 nights prior at WDW between BWV and the Poly.

All the adults have been to WDW and cruised Norwegian before but this will be a first for the kids.

Now I just need to find airfare, otherwise we are in good shape. Look forward to more people joining the thread.

WELCOME!

We are trying to decide if we'll be staying for three nights before or after the cruise at WDW. I think we may stay at OKW, though, since it is a lower point cost and it will end up including a Friday and Saturday night stay.

Thanks for the welcome CRSNDSNY! Are you nervous/excited about cruising with your daughter? I am so excited about sharing the cruise and WDW with the kids but when I think about the logistics of all the stuff we need I panic!!!

I've already started packing lists - pathetic I know! I was doing fine until we decided to fly and I started to think about car seats, WDW clothes, cruise clothes - ahhh!

Look forward to hearing from you and more fellow cruisers!

DH & I will be joining you. Our first Disney cruise. We are spending the night before in Cocoa Beach and two nights after at Vero Beach.

CRSNDSNY, a fellow DVCer! I'm excited!!

We will be joining all of you!! Myself, Wife, and two girls 4 and 8 will be there!!! We are staying at WDW Animal Kingdom from 5/2 until 5/7 then off on the boat. We've cruised RCL before, but it's the first for the kids. See you all there...

DH and I are booked for this cruise. Will be DCL #9 for us. We are going on #8 on the 9/17 Magic. We are definitely DCL addicts! I need to always have at least one cruise booked to look forward too in order to keep my sanity! I figure it's cheaper than a shrink and a lot more fun.lol. ( I really need to learn how to do smilies) We are also booked on the 9/16/06 Magic and will be booking something on board next week for 2007.

My name is Donna and I am a DCL addict.

I'm glad to see that we're not the only ones traveling without kids. After many years now we get to be the kids!!!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to disappoint, but I just switched to the 3night cruise that follows the 4night you guys are all on. Reason being is that we purchased APs for our trip this month and want to get as much use out of them as we can. Plus, we'll be able to conserve our DVC points with this trip by not having to spend them on high-point Friday and Saturday nights.

SORRY! I'm sure you guys will have a WONDERFUL cruise! :goodvibes

I was looking forward to meeting you.

We will be annual pass-less, at that point, so we are not going to the parks at all. We are also paying cash for the cruise. Just staying overnight in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise and two nights at Vero Beach Resort after the cruise. I wanted to see what VB is like and I thought that two nights is the right amount of time to check it out.

We are going to be staying at OKW in a grand villa in September 2006 with our married kids and two grandchildren (crossing my fingers for that reservation). We are hoping that by that time they will have a DVC meal plan available to all of us, otherwise I will get a new AP and a DDE for that trip.

Hi!
Yes, that is too bad but I just realized we'll both be in the World at the same time later this month! Perhaps we'll run into one another -- we'll be at BWV.

That is awesome that you got a GV!!! My friend and I were just talking today that perhaps someday we'll combine points and have our family's share a GV.

I really hope they create a meal plan that DVCrs can take part in. For this trip we are buying the DDE card...then we'll be able to use it, as well, next May. I hope to eventually save some cash with that.

Deemarch said:
Are you going to the MNSSHP?
:( No.
The day we leave to go home is the first night of MNSSHP. If I had really thought things through, we would have adjusted so that we could make it. I've never done the party...have you?

Not fair! The person starting the Cruise Meet thread should not be allowed to abandon ship! Oh well, we'll miss you.

Denise, yes, it is great to be the kid again!

Donna

You guys will have to keep the Wonder nice and tidy for us!!! We'll be embarking when you are debarking!!!

Sorry to hear the change CRSNDSNY but you'll have a great time anyway!

Ragdoll - sounds like you have some great experience with DCL cruises! Please share any tips you have. We've done Norwegian twice and had fun but are really looking forward this one - especially Castaway Cay!

Will be more than happy to share tips when we get back from #8. Just finished packing. We leave early tomorrow. CC is paradise! Just love it. That is why we booked the 9/16/06 Western. The Magic goes to CC twice. A perfect way for a Disney cruise to begin and end!

Talk more when we get home.

Donna

Champagne, just went back and reread your other posts. Don't know how many tips I can share about kids. Our kids are grown so we spend most of our time in the adult areas. It is nice that your parents are going along to help. DD, single mother, just returned from the Wonder with DGD age 3. She had a decent time but not great. No time to herself. With your DH and parents along you will have time to relax. Talk later!

ragdoll said:
Will be more than happy to share tips when we get back from #8. Just finished packing. We leave early tomorrow. CC is paradise! Just love it. That is why we booked the 9/16/06 Western. The Magic goes to CC twice. A perfect way for a Disney cruise to begin and end!

Talk more when we get home.

Donna
Have an awesome cruise!

We love CC, too! We're booked on the 10/14/06 double dip!!!

Four days is not enough! We changed our 5/7 to the 5/13/06 Eastern. Had a great time on our recent cruise. We were diverted to the Western itinerary due to whatever hurricane was out there at the time. Decided to book the Eastern in May since we are doing the Western again in Sept. 06. Have a great time on your cruise everyone!

Champagne, if you have any questions PM me. I will do my best to answer. Won't be able to help with questions about kids though.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter