I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YIKES!!!

Or, can I do the math this way in my head - if I used my VDH points to stay at VDH, my "dues" would be 9.06 + 2.73 per point, but if I used the points elsewhere (can't imagine why) my dues would be only 9.06 per point? Trying to find a way to compare apples to apples here.

Yeah, pretty much.
True, the tax applies to anyone staying there. Maybe the argument is that someone staying on cash might find a better price than rack rate and therefore pay correspondingly lower tax... but guessing that's not very often anyway.

YIKES!!!

Or, can I do the math this way in my head - if I used my VDH points to stay at VDH, my "dues" would be 9.06 + 2.73 per point, but if I used the points elsewhere (can't imagine why) my dues would be only 9.06 per point? Trying to find a way to compare apples to apples here.
Yes dues would be 9.06 and pre-paid. That's Disney. Then you'd paid 2.73pp in Anaheim tax when you stay there (which isn't Disney). I mean you can think of it as dues but it's not. Yet... for Grand Cal, they included them in the dues (for like only 50 cents per point). Hopefully they don't pull those out of the dues and jack them up. When I stay at another timeshare (Worldmark), you pay the tax separately from dues so I'm used to it. Don't love it but... California premium you'll have to pay to stay. Glad VGC and Aulani are cheaper at least.

Am I reading DVC News right? $142 transient occupancy tax per night for a 1 bedroom villa costing 52 points/night? Wow!
Even after converting other stays into actual price paid, I see a value there. It’s a better accommodation, a better price or both. The taxes are so high that even trading into VDH is not that great of a deal. I’d be more likely to go with GCV or even offsite and save those points for another WDW stay.

I’d be ok with some level of transient tax that is outside the dues, but it’s not this. Also, I’m already paying it on my home resort via dues…but then pay it again outside of dues in a transfer?

When I stay at another timeshare (Worldmark), you pay the tax separately from dues so I'm used to it.
For comparison purposes, do you remember or have record of how many $$ you've paid in the past at Worldmark, for what size unit/length of stay/time of year? Or how it's calculated? Come to think of it, I need to ask this question on TUG.

Isn't the parking decision something that can't be reversed at this point? They'd have to adjust the dues before the sale or eat the cost over the life of the contract I believe.

Isn't the parking decision something that can't be reversed at this point? They'd have to adjust the dues before the sale or eat the cost over the life of the contract I believe.
They haven’t announced anything on parking. There “may” be a charge - “may” is the word you use when you either want to maintain optionality, or you plan to have a system to decide who pays for parking and who doesn’t that is so convoluted that it’s easier just not to explain it at all. Which I definitely wouldn’t put past Disney!

red-wheelbarrow-with-such-a-large-amount-of-cash-it-spills.jpg

I'm ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter