May 25, 2002 Magic - Who's Sailing?

IrishCowboy

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
With the new Springtime Magic rates, it seems that there will be quite a few of us on the May 25 cruise. Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Dave from Marietta has been kind enough to post some excursion information that other cruise lines offer. I agree with Dave and believe that DCL will probably offer many of the same excursion. Has anyone else given any thought to what excursions you may take? Stingray City sounds like alot of fun.

We (dad, 20 yr old sister, and myself, 22) are sailing May 25. We definately want to see some ruins at Cozumel, visit the sea turtle breeding place on Grand Cayman and swim with the stingrays. Plus, who can resist two more hours at CC? What a great itinerary! We can't wait.

We will also be on the May 25, 2002 Western Sailing. We have had this cruise booked since January 2001 and was so excited to see the Springtime Magic Rates come out. I thought I had a pretty good rate because we booked so early, but when we re-did everything yesterday we saved over $1,000 on our Category 6 room. With my costco discount our cruise only came out to $3,033 for 2 adults (11 yo son, 7 yo daughter). We are so excited.

Pam

Count me in!

We'll be going for our first cruise and our honeymoon to boot on May 25th!

Can't Wait!

Kyzar1

We're also there! Me (32) DH (30) and 13 year old DD. I think we're also going to do Stingray City.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pam,
That is a great rate! Over $200 better than what I got for a Cat 6, maybe I need to join Costco?

Hubby and I will be there too, our 1st cruise and 10th wedding anniversary! We just saved $1040. using the Springtime Magic Code with DCL--it really works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband has always wanted to visit the ruins--other than that relaxing.......................ahhhhhh

Irish Cowboy,

I am not sure, but I read on these boards a while back that Costco quit booking Disney cruises. They were still doing it when I booked in January. My original rate from Disney was $4,459 and with Costco it came out to $4,059. I was not a member of Costco when i called and booked the trip. I had originally made the resv. with DCL and then transferred it over to Disney.

If you want, I can get you the number and you can try and give it a call. They take $10% off less the port charges. With the STM rate, I think the discount was $283. When talking with the agent yesterday, they are actually a separate agency from Costco.

What cabin will you be in?

Pam

Pam,
If you have the number handy, I'd like to give it a shot.

We don't have a room assignment yet, just a category guarantee. We had 6034 last May and we were very happy with it, no noise and very little motion.

Bill

Bill

Costco Travel is does its agency out of a company called National Leisure Group, 100 Sylvan Rd., Suite 600, Woburn, MA 01801. The number that I dial (which I believe links to Costco, not sure) is 877-849-2730. Try it and good luck, maybe you can get the discount. That extra $300 will be part of our spending money. We will be in 6550.

Let me know how it goes.

Pam

We will be joining you. We had originally reserved a 7 day eastern for June 15, but thanks to this great board, we contacted Dreams Unlimited who changed us to a 7 day western beginning May 25. What a great savings--over $1,500 for the four of us in a category 6! But, we know nothing about the Western cruise--are the islands comparable to St. Martin and St. Thomas--and what type of excursions are available? Does anyone know any websites that would have any info. Thanks--See you in May!!!!

Yes! I finally booked our Disney Magic cruise #3. My DH, DS (10), DD (8 by cruise), and myself will be there. Also, my sis-in-law. (callahanjulie10). (#4 Disney cruise for them), and my brother, and DD (10), will all be there. We cruised 9/01/2000 and 9/02/2001 on Disney Magic both times. My Hubby said he wasn't going anymore, but ya know some times us women just have to make a decision. After all it's not the same itinary, it is the western carribbean this time. Feel free to e-mail me. We are looking for kids our kids ages to e-mail to until the trip. Bbethparsons@aol.com. :D :D :bounce: :pinkbounc What a GREAT price! Cheaper then September, hurricane season. YEAH!!!

My oldest son, youngest son, my wife and me are scheduled for May 25th 7 night cruise.

We are celebrating my youngest graduation from High school, our oldest son return from living in Ecuador for the last two years, a year anniversary since we moved to Orlando, FL and 23 years from when I met my wife.

We are excited!
:bounce:

As my SIL stated in her reply-

Me- 33
DH- 38
and DD-10 will be going on #4- Look forward to meeting up with Twiceasnice AGAIN!

Looks like there will be quite a few of us.

Still doing some research on excursions. Hopefully, the May 11 cruisers will have lots of tips and details for us.

Saw this post and wondered if anyone had more info on Costco? We took our 2nd Dis Cruise last year this same week and saved quite a bit with the STM discount and 10% Costco discount. Has anyone contacted Costco to see if they are still offering this discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter