May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

Hi everyone. We are booked on this cruise as well. Exciting to read through everyone's plans.

Curious if anyone knows which "side" the ship is likely to dock on in Toulon? It seems like there are two options:

"Cruise ships to Toulon dock at 2 ports: Toulon (Port Marchand in downtown) and Port La Seyne-sur-Mer (to the southwest across the bay)."

We aren't planning a port adventure for this day, more of a get off and wander, so it would be helpful to have an idea which side we will be on.
I looked into this at some point and I think I came to the conclusion that we will most likely be in La Seyne-sur-Mer, but that there ought to be shuttles to the town proper. I think it might be a water shuttle across the bay if I remember correctly.

I looked into this at some point and I think I came to the conclusion that we will most likely be in La Seyne-sur-Mer, but that there ought to be shuttles to the town proper. I think it might be a water shuttle across the bay if I remember correctly.

Thanks so much for this, our independently booked port adventure wanted to know which port we would be :)

Just in case anyone was looking out for rum tasting slots - some have opened up on the Rome port and Naples port days. 9:30pm

One of them might the one we cancelled! We decided that with the new (to us) prices, we can do our own private tasting with the drinks we really are interested in. I seem to remember that the tastings used to be 15$. Quite a steep increase!

Just booked yesterday before the new release rush.
Will be our 3rd Med and 2nd time on the Dream.
Only booked the excursion to Vatican at this time. On to research the rest. Last time Med was in 2014

We just received our EBTA luggage tags today. So i figure the luggage tags for this cruise will be starting to arrive in a couple of weeks. We won’t need them because we are in the same cabin for both.

We're on this cruise! Booked on opening day originally but rebooked as VGT last week. I see from the pinned thread that Dream room assignments have been about 10 days out, I wonder if that will be the same for the European season.
We book VGT too, for the first time, so if you find out please let me know :)

We just added this cruise to our EBTA. Excited doesn't even come close..... my husband said he wanted to add the Med cruise because he wanted to see Pompeii, Rome, Florence, Vesuvius,,,and I said, "don't you remember we experienced all that in high school on a school trip??". Ummm, bad on me. We've known each other sooooo long, but only since college.... So off we go!!!

We just added this cruise to our EBTA. Excited doesn't even come close..... my husband said he wanted to add the Med cruise because he wanted to see Pompeii, Rome, Florence, Vesuvius,,,and I said, "don't you remember we experienced all that in high school on a school trip??". Ummm, bad on me. We've known each other sooooo long, but only since college.... So off we go!!!
Welcome on board!! We are picking up quite a few late bookings it seems!

I actually noticed that the oceanview staterooms are sold out now.

Hi all, hopefully will be booking in the next few weeks. Can I check what availability on the DCl excursions is like atm? (And if there was a decent choice to begin with?)

Hi all, hopefully will be booking in the next few weeks. Can I check what availability on the DCl excursions is like atm? (And if there was a decent choice to begin with?)
You can’t check availability until you are booked. If you let me know what you are looking for, I can look it up in my reservation and tell you if they are available at the moment.

You can’t check availability until you are booked. If you let me know what you are looking for, I can look it up in my reservation and tell you if they are available at the moment.
Sorry, I worded that really badly 🤦‍♀️ (I’ve sailed DCL before). Thank you for offering to check though! I meant more asking people who’ve booked whether excursions had sold out quickly or whether there still seemed to be decent availability left. There’s not specific excursions I’m fixed on atm, just want to ensure there are still a decent selection available.

I’ve not sailed since the pandemic measures were dropped and know at least upon restarting some of the sailings had been quite scant on excursion availability.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter