May 2024 Rental Deals

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
As of today, 12/29, I have a one-week rental from Alamo for $431. Used the Visa code (7015504).

I'll have to try that code, thanks! I have a mini van from Budget (through Costco) for $494. 5/15/24 - 5/22/24. Does anyone know what a realistic rate is these days? I'm used to paying $200-$250! (We have gone annually but skipped last year)

As of today, 12/29, I have a one-week rental from Alamo for $431. Used the Visa code (7015504).
I'm looking at May 17-26 (1 week plus 2 days). For a full-size car from Alamo I get $569 with the Visa code, $625 without it. My best quote is $541 through Costco (pay later, no cancellation fee). Yes, the rates are shocking to those of us who rented in the eighties, but this seems to be the new reality.

I recently rented in December and February. My starting rates went from $500’s/$1,000, down to $278/$301 (less $25 Costco gift card), for a 6/7 day standard/full-size rental car, both via Costco. It took almost daily checking to get the lower rates, with the low rates showing up 2-4 weeks before the trips. While I do check rates with Autoslash and Carrentalsavers, but Costco has provided the lowest for me.

I checked Alamo again a few days ago, and my price went from $431 to $389. I'll take the $42, thank you! I'm going to continue to check daily.

I'll have to try that code, thanks! I have a mini van from Budget (through Costco) for $494. 5/15/24 - 5/22/24. Does anyone know what a realistic rate is these days? I'm used to paying $200-$250! (We have gone annually but skipped last year)
$500/week+taxes and fees for a midsize seems to be about the average for the major companies. I've got access to a very good discount code that is $231 with aisle access with National that I can't seem to beat with any of the onsite companies. Minivans are always going to be higher than midsize, especially at MCO. I think a realistic rate without having access to a very good contract code is $350-400 for a car, minivans obviously more.

We are renting thru Alamo out of Sanford 5/26-6/3 mid size SUV. When I first started mid January the price was $505.045. I have been using the Visa Code along with my Alamo insiders discount and I am now down to $370.01.

We are renting thru Alamo out of Sanford 5/26-6/3 mid size SUV. When I first started mid January the price was $505.045. I have been using the Visa Code along with my Alamo insiders discount and I am now down to $370.01.
That’s a good price out of SFB, have always had rentals higher originating there.

didn’t know the Visa alamo code was working, need to try it To see how it compares with carrentalsavers & auto slash.

I am looking at MCO car rental companies like Fox or Nu, with the cheaper price, have the experiences been about what you would expect?

I am looking at MCO car rental companies like Fox or Nu, with the cheaper price, have the experiences been about what you would expect?
I used fox car rental last year and it was great, way cheaper than the other companies, but we had to take shuttle. No issues at all, I would recommend them. I have Green Motion booked this year because the price is just not anywhere close to the other companies. Even fox car rental is more expensive.

That’s a good price out of SFB, have always had rentals higher originating there.

didn’t know the Visa alamo code was working, need to try it To see how it compares with carrentalsavers & auto slash.
Rental is now down to $362.14. It seems to go down late Tues nights and Sunday mornings.

I tend to find majority of best rates on Saturday evening. Try to check everyday, akin to brushing my teeth lol

How do you use both discounts?

$500/week+taxes and fees for a midsize seems to be about the average for the major companies. I've got access to a very good discount code that is $231 with aisle access with National that I can't seem to beat with any of the onsite companies. Minivans are always going to be higher than midsize, especially at MCO. I think a realistic rate without having access to a very good contract code is $350-400 for a car, minivans obviously more.
I've also got a great deal on a full size with National through my work. I have been trying to snag one of those Pacifica's again this year through the other companies, but it's like $300-$400 more so not worth it my mind. Hoping Emerald aisle will possibly have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter