• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2024 Refurbishments

joseph821

DIS Veteran
Hi. Been busy and I have not been able to do refurbs but I am back! Sorry for any inconvenience.

May Refurbs.

DL:
Winnie the Pooh: May 1 through May 31.
Haunted Mansion: May 1 through August 22.
Matterhorn: May 1 and May 2.
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. May 1 through May 31.
Disneyland Monorail: May 8.
Sailing Ship Columbia: May 13 through May 23. Reopens on May 24. Refurb for Fantasmic updates.

DCA:
Bakery Tour: May 1 through May 31. Reopens June 3.
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: May 1 through May 31.

I will update this as more information becomes available.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Dam, I hope CC is getting lots of work done....a month for two shops being redone?

Feels like the rest of the land must be getting some touch up's as well
I suspect all of CC is getting a refesh during Pooh's refurb/closure (edited to add closure) and the shop conversions.

Last edited:

My understanding is that Pooh is not getting any type of refurb during the CC closure. That the closure is more about the shops and any construction that might be necessary on that side of Tiana's Bayou Adventure.
What I meant was work will be done in CC as a refresh. I did not mean Pooh would get a refurb. I suspect Pooh will get routine maintenance done for the attraction during the time. Disney is not going to let the closure of the whole land basically go by without doing some work/maintenance. Disney is not going to close Pooh down again and do a refurb. Not cost effective.

My understanding is that Pooh is not getting any type of refurb during the CC closure. That the closure is more about the shops and any construction that might be necessary on that side of Tiana's Bayou Adventure.
Let's be honest. The Pooh closure is purely for Disney to save money by shutting down the ride for several weeks. They could have figured out a way to keep it open while shops next door are refreshed. They are at most doing routine maintenance. The shop refurb is a convenient excuse to save money on staffing the ride for a few weeks.

I suspect Pooh will get routine maintenance done for the attraction during the time. Disney is not going to let the closure of the whole land basically go by without doing some work/maintenance. Disney is not going to close Pooh down again and do a refurb. Not cost effective.

I just meant that with what is currently known Pooh is not going to being any upgrades or changes during this time. I suspect they will do any routine maintenance will be performed during this time. As you said it wouldn't make sense not to.

Let's be honest. The Pooh closure is purely for Disney to save money by shutting down the ride for several weeks. They could have figured out a way to keep it open while shops next door are refreshed. They are at most doing routine maintenance. The shop refurb is a convenient excuse to save money on staffing the ride for a few weeks.
I don't agree that this is the reason for closure. Most likely they need to close off the area for safety due to Tiana Bayou Adventure construction.

They could be finishing the Photo shop at the end of the ride and there are rumors that the Pooh Meet and Greets would not longer be there...but we will have to see. Still insane to me the entire land needs to be down a month for as of now two shops getting very basic rethemes

Honestly it would make sense if they moved Pooh area to where Pixie Hollow is. I know it wont happen now but if they really do take away that area for Pooh, it would be weird to me not to make another permanent home with them being some of the longest character lines in the park.

Last edited:
They could be finishing the Photo shop at the end of the ride and there are rumors that the Pooh Meet and Greets would not longer be there...but we will have to see. Still insane to me the entire land needs to be down a month for as of now two shops getting very basic rethemes

Honestly it would make sense if they moved Pooh area to where Pixie Hollow is. I know it wont happen now but if they really do take away that area for Pooh, it would be weird to me not to make another permanent home with them being some of the longest character lines in the park.
I am assuming they'll keep Pooh down until Tiana's opens later this year. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

I am assuming they'll keep Pooh down until Tiana's opens later this year. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.
I think they could keep meeting there but there are rumors Tia and Luis will be meeting people in that spot....no idea if its true but kinda makes sense

I think it would be smarter to redo the area so both IP's can meet there buy I'm assuming it's somewhat true because one again the shops and even Photo shop should not take a whole month to do...so feels like more must be going on to have this area down for over 30 days...while half of New Orleans is also down and summer starting

I think they could keep meeting there but there are rumors Tia and Luis will be meeting people in that spot....no idea if its true but kinda makes sense

I think it would be smarter to redo the area so both IP's can meet there buy I'm assuming it's somewhat true because one again the shops and even Photo shop should not take a whole month to do...so feels like more must be going on to have this area down for over 30 days...while half of New Orleans is also down and summer starting
I hope you are right. The Pooh ride is showing as closed as far out as the calendar goes, at least through June 5th. I would very much like if the ride opens up for the summer, as my family actually really likes it! I also hope they find a new home for the Pooh character meet and greets while Critter Country is closed.

The Bakery Tour​

hosted by Boudin® Bakery
Attraction located in San Fransokyo Square at Disney California Adventure Park
Go on a tasty tour of a real bakery and see how the world-famous San Francisco sourdough bread is made.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/bakery-tour/
The better question is what is going to take 6 weeks (and counting) to do. There isn't much to it. You watch a movie (if you want) and walk through the "factory/bakery." The best, and only reason, to go was the free little sample.

The better question is what is going to take 6 weeks (and counting) to do. There isn't much to it. You watch a movie (if you want) and walk through the "factory/bakery." The best, and only reason, to go was the free little sample.
I would not mind it being more themed to Big Hero six

Perhaps they're doing extensive maintenance on the actual bakery equipment. When was the last time they did that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter