**May 2023 car rental**

Well this isn’t good-and Hertz has been having “site issues” (their words) and I haven’t been able to see the details of my reservation for days…according to their reps, they are showing the price as correct, but this isn’t making me feel comfortable
5F59B2EF-DE8A-4AD8-9DEE-80F55B72CCD8.png

Well this isn’t good-and Hertz has been having “site issues” (their words) and I haven’t been able to see the details of my reservation for days…according to their reps, they are showing the price as correct, but this isn’t making me feel comfortable
View attachment 752485
I had two reservations in the past three days and an upcoming reservation, and I could see my last two (and modified one of those on the fly) and can see my future one. I’ve had no issues with Hertz on the app or the web. One of my reservations had an auto slash coupon applied and it worked.

I had two reservations in the past three days and an upcoming reservation, and I could see my last two (and modified one of those on the fly) and can see my future one. I’ve had no issues with Hertz on the app or the web.
It said some reservations specifically made between 3/2 and 4/5 could be affected and I booked my most recent one on 3/27 (at the lowest price I’ve seen since I started booking) I was able to see everything fine up until last week on both the Hertz site and app and suddenly I get errors on both and now this email-I think I may be in the “affected” group they’re referencing in this email

It said some reservations specifically made between 3/2 and 4/5 could be affected and I booked my most recent one on 3/27 (at the lowest price I’ve seen since I started booking) I was able to see everything fine up until last week on both the Hertz site and app and suddenly I get errors on both and now this email-I think I may be in the “affected” group they’re referencing in this email
I made the both the reservations that I just used on March 3rd, so I guess I got lucky (I’m glad I got lucky!). The res I have yet to use was made quite a while ago.

I made the both the reservations that I just used on March 3rd, so I guess I got lucky (I’m glad I got lucky!). The res I have yet to use was made quite a while ago.
I do have a backup but $354 for a minivan sure felt like a win vs the $430 on my back up 🤦🏽‍♀️

I may have hit bottom with my rental as the prices are only going up and up. My goal is to get under $300; so we'll see if it actually happens.

AAA/Hertz came out with a new discount for through May 31; it is another $35 off the already 20% off booking through AAA and knowing your Hertz ID; we are down to 326 for 8day/7nt stay in May for Chevy Equinox standard suv(was down to 345); had the same in Jan/feb for 266 so I am hoping for a little more drop; alamo has the same suv for 440ish;

edited to add: just lowered to 297 via AAA/Hertz - we getting there

Last edited:
I was just able to book a reservation with Dollar for $81 less than what I previously had booked with Hertz.
This is for 9 nights. Now down to $297 for a small SUV vs $380 for the standard SUV with Hertz.

I'm torn. I love the gold service with hertz but with the $81 difference... not sure what to do

whoa dollar dropped again. I'm now down to $276 for a mid size SUV for 9 days (my trip is april not May) but it's a promising sign!

AAA/Hertz came out with a new discount for through May 31; it is another $35 off the already 20% off booking through AAA and knowing your Hertz ID; we are down to 326 for 8day/7nt stay in May for Chevy Equinox standard suv(was down to 345); had the same in Jan/feb for 266 so I am hoping for a little more drop; alamo has the same suv for 440ish;

Do you have to use the AAA site or can you add the code to the Hertz site?

just lowered to 280/week 8-)

I do have a backup but $354 for a minivan sure felt like a win vs the $430 on my back up 🤦🏽‍♀️
Well, I just tried to edit my May reservation to add two days, and it kept telling me that I had to contact the business through which I made the reservation. I made it through Hertz. 😂 I tried to outright cancel it and got the same message. I sent a DM on Twitter and a few hours later, Tiana got back to me and was able to add my two days AND give me a lower price! I have a Medium 5 Passenger SUV for a week for $241.98. Who knew a week was cheaper than 5 days?

Well, I just tried to edit my May reservation to add two days, and it kept telling me that I had to contact the business through which I made the reservation. I made it through Hertz. 😂 I tried to outright cancel it and got the same message. I sent a DM on Twitter and a few hours later, Tiana got back to me and was able to add my two days AND give me a lower price! I have a Medium 5 Passenger SUV for a week for $241.98. Who knew a week was cheaper than 5 days?
I think there’s usually a discount for weekly vs daily! Maybe I’ll reach out via Twitter to get a better answer 🤔 glad you got a better price!

FAF91280-06B6-4B60-ACA5-C8DD210C2588.jpegNot sure if any of you have gotten this email yet but Hertz is increasing their hold on rentals when using a visa…the biggest discount I was able to find with them was a Visa cardholder code which offered a significant discount. Now they are going to hold the cost of the rental plus $500 if using a Visa debit and $200 for a regular Visa it seems

Last edited:
I know I’m a rebel and traveling in April posting in the May thread lol but I thought I’d give an update. I ended up going with dollar instead of hertz to save the $100 in price difference. Went to the counters in terminal C to pick up. Waited ages with dollar as they had internet issues. I was able to pick up my car in the garage at terminal C! All the major companies have a small amount of cars there now! Not many so depending on the size and type they may still send folks to terminal a or b. Signage was dreadful so it’s definitely still very new because I drove in circles following arrows telling me to go the wrong way trying to find my way out 😂 all the employees were great though!

I got a jeep Cherokee with lots of bells and whistles for 9 day rental for $276 total

I still haven't found a better deal than $303 for a compact SUV from Hertz for onsite rentals. Fox and Easirent have some good prices, but I'm not willing to go offsite especially when travelling with my kds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter