**May 2023 car rental**

Hertz is not showing any minivans available on both their site and the carrentalsavers site for my dates currently. Hopefully that means my reservation sticks!
As much as I hate to suggest this, if you absolutely have to have a minivan, you may want to look at making a back up reservation with another company. If Hertz isn't showing availability on their site, they have all of their minivans allotted that day. Depending on when your flight comes in and when people are flying out, you may end up going to all three terminals or having to take a different class.

But Costco doesn't rent cars, they operate as a travel agency. What company is your other reservation with? You may want to check them too and see if they are still offering reservations for that class.
Alamo...they're still showing availability...for my family it wouldn't be the end of the world to end up with something smaller, but there are 13 of us total so having the 3 vans (one dedicated to 3 car seats for my sister in law's family) was going to make things the easiest with the number of people and all our luggage.

Here's a few Alamo codes. None of them are big savings, but did trim some cost from my April rental. I also had some luck by not signing in initially and getting a slightly lower offer. Then it prompts you to sign in as you fill in your information and the price stays the same.
  • Contract ID 803292 - DISNEY FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE (I used this one)
  • Contract ID 7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
  • Contract ID 7015504 - Visa
  • Coupon Code: AU2291VYT Free One-Class Upgrade, Minimum upgrade from a compact car to a midsize car. Maximum upgrade to a full-size car. No Minimum or Maximum # of days.

This was the response I got from Hertz

"Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns.

We always strive to provide the best service possible and truly value your business. We apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for being a loyal customer and for showing interest in Hertz car rental. I can understand that you want your concern addressed properly. This is to confirm that our records indicate that the reservation number XXXXXXXX is booked under your loyalty account. Therefore, upon pickup, you may be eligible to skip the counter at the time of pickup."

"May be eligible"
So kind of a non answer 🤪

The rental I have through Alamo had me fill out the accelerated check in and skip the line process stating the van would be waiting for me and the keys would be in the vehicle...right now there is about a $35ish dollar difference between my costco rental and my carrentalsavers rental-which I did not expect considering the drastic difference when I first started looking!
I wonder what the may be able means. We are in the same situation. We also have a dollar booked but have read some not so nice reviews.

I wonder what the may be able means. We are in the same situation. We also have a dollar booked but have read some not so nice reviews.
From what I understand, the first time you rent with Hertz they need to verify your credit card/license...carrentalsavers utilized a visa cardholders code-but the card I have on file with them for the Hertz Gold membership is a MC...I reached out to them concerning that and they basically said "you can use whatever credit card you'd like to pay for your rental" but didn't really address my question directly in terms of utilizing the visa cardholder code but using a MC to pay...I have both, but want to put the rental on my MC...carrentalsavers automatically applied the Visa cardholders rate when I selected the Hertz minivan

From what I understand, the first time you rent with Hertz they need to verify your credit card/license...carrentalsavers utilized a visa cardholders code-but the card I have on file with them for the Hertz Gold membership is a MC...I reached out to them concerning that and they basically said "you can use whatever credit card you'd like to pay for your rental" but didn't really address my question directly in terms of utilizing the visa cardholder code but using a MC to pay...I have both, but want to put the rental on my MC...carrentalsavers automatically applied the Visa cardholders rate when I selected the Hertz minivan
How did you reach them? I have tried sending a message but got no reply.

Here's a few Alamo codes. None of them are big savings, but did trim some cost from my April rental. I also had some luck by not signing in initially and getting a slightly lower offer. Then it prompts you to sign in as you fill in your information and the price stays the same.
  • Contract ID 803292 - DISNEY FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE (I used this one)
  • Contract ID 7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
  • Contract ID 7015504 - Visa
  • Coupon Code: AU2291VYT Free One-Class Upgrade, Minimum upgrade from a compact car to a midsize car. Maximum upgrade to a full-size car. No Minimum or Maximum # of days.
I haven't been able to find codes forever.....THANK YOU!!!

E6B46B2D-1EBF-433C-B95F-3C316C8C7B0F.jpeg
Hertz chat stated that you do have to check in at the rental counter for your first Gold rental, but there is a separate line for the rewards members vs non members

No, that actually says to go out to the hut in the parking garage, that is completely separate from the counter inside the terminal.
Ah ok...my first time using them...didn't realize there was a difference between the Hertz gold member counter/line vs the hut...the reservation(when I could actually access it-still can't) stated "standard counter service" so I thought that meant the gold member counter. Thank you for clarifying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter