May 2022 Car Rental Thread (didn't see one yet)...

My Alamo rates have dropped WITHOUT Costco code. I used the Visa Card code 7015504. You just have to use a Visa card to pay for the rental.

Last edited:
Our Budget rental with Costco just dropped in half!!

Any cons to booking with Costco? I'm not part of any loyalty program and have heard nightmare stories about the long lines at the rental counters.

We are looking to rent in Fort Lauderdale and dropping off at Port Canaveral for a day.
There are no cons to booking with Costco, they are fully cancelable if rates drop and they include a free extra driver. Nightmare lines at the rental counter is a Budget problem. I always do Alamo at MCO so I can skip the counter. You could probably do this with Budget Fastbreak but I am not familiar with their system.

Got a better rate yesterday through Autoslash/Priceline for 5/30-6/8. It is $397 for midsize through Thrifty. I took a chance and checked Thrifty direct so I could use my Blue Chip and go directly to garage. It came in $416 so I reserved that one too. It's probably worth $20 to skip waiting in a potentially long line. If I went with UT, economy size would be $310 but that is with Budget. I know Budget lines are almost always long so I'm torn about using them. It's also pre-pay which I prefer not to do if I don't have too. Costco is still almost $700 for my dates.

We've got a party of 10, so we need the big ole van and I've rented through Budget (UCT) for about $1000, but of course, you can't use online check-in or Fastbreak. I keep watching Costco so that I can add my Fastbreak ID, but wow! the rental is still $4000 with them. Obviously for $3000 I'll stand in line, but does Budget have kiosks to make this process faster or do we have to talk to an agent?

We've got a party of 10, so we need the big ole van and I've rented through Budget (UCT) for about $1000, but of course, you can't use online check-in or Fastbreak. I keep watching Costco so that I can add my Fastbreak ID, but wow! the rental is still $4000 with them. Obviously for $3000 I'll stand in line, but does Budget have kiosks to make this process faster or do we have to talk to an agent?

On the A side, there were no kiosks and I assume the B side is no different. We checked in around 9 am and there were 2-3 groups ahead of us plus people at the counter. It wasn’t a long wait. This was in January.

On the A side, there were no kiosks and I assume the B side is no different. We checked in around 9 am and there were 2-3 groups ahead of us plus people at the counter. It wasn’t a long wait. This was in January.
Thank you so much for this info! Our flight arrives at 9:20 pm so my plan is for my husband to get in line for the rental while my daughter and I wait for the bags. I think this should work perfectly!

Mary

Costco rates have come down to where there’s only about $100 difference above my UT rate. I was hoping the drop would’ve happened sooner as I would’ve waited a bit more.

I got my rental down another $10 using Autoslash. Still Hertz for a 9 day reservation of a standard SUV.

Prices for May 3-10 are creeping back up…The best I’ve found was $326 with Hertz for a standard sedan. I could have done better with a compact/economy but we need the space.
In the past I‘ve been able to snag a lower price in the days leading up, this was true for first week in January as well, mini van with Alamo for a week, $275. I’ll keep checking a report back as we get closer.

I checked my Alamo rates yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised it went down by $40.00. We are 2 weeks away from our trip.

Prices are holding steady for next week. Between parking and the overall hassle, I’m leaning towards rideshares

Check your rates on Costco today. There aren't as low as as what I have with autoslash but it's within $40 and now my back up ressie in case lines are insane when I get there.

Check your rates on Costco today. There aren't as low as as what I have with autoslash but it's within $40 and now my back up ressie in case lines are insane when I get there.
I’ve heard a lot on here about long lines with hertz and it makes me nervous. Do you think that’s the case with early morning flights? And how long is the wait typically?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter