May 2022 - A New Vibe

kristinns

Earning My Ears
Who: Me, my mom, and my 3 kids (14, 12, 8)
When: May 27-30
Where: Polynesian Studio - Standard View
Why: Because we need a Disney fix

Ona whim last week, my mom mentioned that she was ready to go back to Disney. We did 6 nights in Dec 21 at Boardwalk Villas in a DVC room. It was a great trip but we were EXHAUSTED by the 3rd day! We usually go just once a year but with the kids getting older and being involved in sports and activities, we decided that instead of 1 big trip a year, it may be more feasible to go on 2 short trips. All it took was her mentioning it and I was ONBOARD! We usually rent DVC points but with a last minute trip that just won't work so I booked three nights at Poly for Memorial Weekend. We are going to only do Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I am super duper excited about a more relaxed vacay!

The Plan: We are about 10 hours from Orlando and we always drive. My kids are awesome road trippers and we like having our own vehicle even though we hardly ever use it once on property. We will leave around 4am and should arrive at Poly around 4ish. We plan to rest and eat 'Ohana for supper. We haven't been to 'Ohana since March '20.

May 28 - Magic Kingdom - We plan to use early entry if available and get to the park as early as possible. We haven't been to Disney in May in many, many years so the heat is a concern. We will spend the morning at the park, catch the monorail to contemp for lunch at Steakhouse 71. It was our FAV! After lunch, it will be back to the resort for some pool time and dole whips! After resting, we plan to head back to Magic Kingdom for the evening. I am hoping for reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table!

May 29 - Epcot -We are hoping for early entry again! We hope to get some rides done, snack around the world, and then head back to Poly mid afternoon. More pool time, rest, and dole whips! Maybe some delicious nachos from Captain Cooks! We will head back over to Epcot late in evening.

May 30 -Travel Home

Reactions: DLo
That sounds like an awesome time. We have been searching for a poly studio in May you lucky duck. We have a 12 year old and a 1 yr old and are thinking of driving from ma. We drove home
In the Covid time when everything shut down and took two days to do it. I loved it!!! I’m thinking if we leave in the wee hours of the night the babes will sleep and then we can stop halfway and stay the night. We did va in 2020 and it was great. Maybe we will do that again. We loved the poly, we’ve done port orleans too but omg the poly is like the most beautiful resort, we didn’t even miss the parks lol. Have an awesome trip!!! Thanks for sharing 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter