*May 2019 Check In*

Since all three days I am there I see the park is open till Midnight I am expecting decent size crowds but with the Max Pass and three days in the park I am sure we will get to do everything we love. We will be there May 19th to May 22nd.

Just looking at my app and it looks like the storybook canal boats and Casey jr are both closing for refurbs/maintenance in may. They were both on my list as the world doesn't have those. Looks like it starts april 29 and lasts at least as far as you can currently see the schedule.

Hi everyone! My Best Friend and I are going to Disneyland to celebrate my 46th Birthday from May 15 to the 18th! We are staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Buena Park and will be doing 3 Day Park Hoppers. It will be Imelda's 1st trip to Disney and my 4th trip to DLR though I haven't been in 25 years. We are both pretty excited!

Just looking at my app and it looks like the storybook canal boats and Casey jr are both closing for refurbs/maintenance in may. They were both on my list as the world doesn't have those. Looks like it starts april 29 and lasts at least as far as you can currently see the schedule.

I believe that they will both be down until May 23rd.

My DH and myself will be there from 5/24-5/27 and will be staying in a studio at VGC. Our yearly “Adult Only” trip!

May 4 - May 9 but one of those days will be at Universal Hollywood. Is there anything special going on for Star Wars Day (May the 4th) or Cinco De Mayo? Not opposed to a margarita or two. :D
Thanks for bringing up Cinco De Mayo. Not sure why I didn't think of this. I have added this to the holidays section of this post.

Last edited:

May 11-18 staying at Anaheim Fairfield Inn. First springtime trip in over a decade - the last several were Christmas or Halloween time, so I'm excited to see a change of scenery. We're spending 4.5 days in the parks plus a quick overnight to Great Wolf Lodge mid week.

I called and received the prices for the mothers day brunch/dinner and Tea offerings and have added it to the first post for those interested. I will be attending the PCH Grill dinner buffet on Mothers day. I was told by the CM that I spoke with that Donald and friends plus more will be there. I asked if it would be the same characters as breakfast and he said yes plus some others as well.

Great to hear there's finally a date for the castle reopening! Too late for me (May 20). Maybe some of the scaffolding will be down anyways - one can dream!

Will be there may 28th - 31st.

And just saw the castle will be opening back up on the 28th! Just in time.

Where did you see that? DL website still says Spring 2019.

ETA: NM, I just saw it on the schedule. That sucks for us first timers who won't get to see it :( :( :(

Hey everyone in Disneyland! After 50+ trips to the World, I'm finally headed west for my 1st visit May 9th -14th. We're going to be off-property at the BW Stovall.

Extremely excited, as is my better half (Phil), since we have lots to celebrate. First, and most importantly, is he is cancer-free after treatments from May 4th through the end of June last year. Tough, tough road but all is good now! The second is to celebrate my birthday!

GenGen - we'll also be at the WoC dessert party on May 11th. We should try to meet up!

Hey everyone in Disneyland! After 50+ trips to the World, I'm finally headed west for my 1st visit May 9th -14th. We're going to be off-property at the BW Stovall.

Extremely excited, as is my better half (Phil), since we have lots to celebrate. First, and most importantly, is he is cancer-free after treatments from May 4th through the end of June last year. Tough, tough road but all is good now! The second is to celebrate my birthday!

GenGen - we'll also be at the WoC dessert party on May 11th. We should try to meet up!
How many are in your party for the dessert party? And congrats on Phil being cancer free! There are a lot of first timers coming to DL in May I am really surprised. Make sure to get your first time celebration button.

Great to hear there's finally a date for the castle reopening! Too late for me (May 20). Maybe some of the scaffolding will be down anyways - one can dream!

Someone mentioned in another thread that perhaps the castle scrims might be down earlier but the walkthrough might still be closed. Since the schedule says, "Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough" and not the outside of the castle. It's a possibility for your trip. Probably not for mine, but maybe for yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter