May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

Well, more snow here. Snow days from work are cool, but I am getting a bit tired of snow. Can't wait for spring and summer!

RoseAnne, going to the Magic Hat Mardi Gras tomorrow? Last year was fun but couldn't get away this year. Plus not as much into the featured band this year, last year two nights of the Disco Biscuits was great. Have fun if you make it!

Darcy
How late is atlantic Dance open until?

Its one a.m. on Thursday night. I gotta call and make sure there are no special events planned for that night which would close it down to the public but I am sure it will be fine.

Also, don't forget we still have the dinner at Boma on the night of the 14th. I am making it a bit earlier (say 5:30ish?) cause people want to do JR's that night. I also think there is someone planning the Monorail crawl for Saturday night.

Its one a.m. on Thursday night. I gotta call and make sure there are no special events planned for that night which would close it down to the public but I am sure it will be fine.

Also, don't forget we still have the dinner at Boma on the night of the 14th. I am making it a bit earlier (say 5:30ish?) cause people want to do JR's that night. I also think there is someone planning the Monorail crawl for Saturday night.

Darcy, I think I was the one who mentioned that and added it to the calendar on the first post. Not sure there is anything else to plan around it, if people want to do it all they have to do is show up.

Hey everyone, Sorry I haven't been around much lately.
Auggie- I was in Boston that weekend...sorry I missed it, it was a lot of fun last year!!!
I am getting so excited for this trip, I really need a "pick me up"!

Okay, I have just decided to plan a meet for the night of the 13th so those of you leaving on the 14th can get to know us. We will meet at Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk at 9 p.m. No cover and as long as you are 21 you can get in. . .more details to come. If you are not 21 let me know and we can make a new plan.

Great idea Darcy! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. It's been way too long!

Okay, I have just decided to plan a meet for the night of the 13th so those of you leaving on the 14th can get to know us. We will meet at Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk at 9 p.m. No cover and as long as you are 21 you can get in. . .more details to come. If you are not 21 let me know and we can make a new plan.

I get in on the 13th so I'll see you there...if I don't see you before that! :)

10 weeks out now! Woohoo!! :woohoo: I made some additional ADRs yesterday afternoon - Bistro, Jiko, Cali Grill. I'm so looking forward to this trip! I still haven't decided if I'm bringing my golf clubs on this one. If there are other golfers in the group, I might go ahead and do that, but I'm just as satisfied doing parks & pools.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi:wave2: I will be there the week before you all and it is my very first solo trip to the World. I am so excited. :banana:

10 weeks out now! Woohoo!! :woohoo: I made some additional ADRs yesterday afternoon - Bistro, Jiko, Cali Grill. I'm so looking forward to this trip! I still haven't decided if I'm bringing my golf clubs on this one. If there are other golfers in the group, I might go ahead and do that, but I'm just as satisfied doing parks & pools.

I loved Jiko...still debating whether I want to add it for October. With food and wine going on hard for me to justify it :). Where are you guys staying? I may be the only one at Pop LOL.

Only golfing I do can be done at Winter-Summerland. :)

I don't consider what you did golfing...j/k...that was so much fun, going to try and make it over there with my DD in October.

I loved Jiko...still debating whether I want to add it for October. With food and wine going on hard for me to justify it :). Where are you guys staying? I may be the only one at Pop LOL.

We're staying at Boardwalk this time. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in and say hi:wave2: I will be there the week before you all and it is my very first solo trip to the World. I am so excited. :banana:

Good for you! I saw your trip calendar. Well planned! I almost always prepare a spreadsheet for my trips. It helps keep the dining reservations and tee times straight and I save a lot of time not having to fumble my way around the world. I keep lots of gaps in the spreadsheet though because I also like to just do whatever-whenever. Hope you have a great time!

Yes, the pirate ship slide is a bit better. But the clown is a close second......

Good for you! I saw your trip calendar. Well planned! I almost always prepare a spreadsheet for my trips. It helps keep the dining reservations and tee times straight and I save a lot of time not having to fumble my way around the world. I keep lots of gaps in the spreadsheet though because I also like to just do whatever-whenever. Hope you have a great time!

Yes, I am a trip spreadsheet Queen. All adults get issued one at the beginning of our trips, only to lose them all. :sad2: This trip is planned very loose so I can do whatever I feel like.:cloud9:

Feel free to read my very boring trip report any time. :goodvibes

I am sooooooo excited to be there this May. Ken and I look forward to hanging with each and every one of you. All the original group and all the newcomers.

Plans that I have made:

Thursday night at 9:00 p.m. - Meeting at Atlantic Dance Hall. An initial meet and greet for all who will be there at that time. Free cover charge. Just come hang out.

Friday evening at 5:30 p.m. - Dinner at Boma. Scheduled it a bit earlier cause some have expressed interest in wanting to go to JR's on Friday Night.

What I need from everyone is a list of those who plan on being at Boma Friday night. If you are planning on attending the Boma Dinner, please let me know. PM or post here if you are going. want to make sure I have enough seats booked.

This should be an awesome trip. . .

Oh, and as it is March, it is time to gather the official phone list of the May trip. If you wish to be a part of the phone/text/email list, please PM me here or send me an email at nurse.darcy@yahoo.com. What I need from you is a phone number and email address - plus let me know if you text. You can also include May arrival date and Hotel you are staying at if you wanted that known.

my plans btw except for the organized meets are to hang at the pool sucking down Pina Colavas or to hang around Epcot sucking down drinks...with plenty of Le Cava de Tequila time! Looking forward to some relaxation time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter