May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

Ah ok, just saw it.

May be kind of early to settle on a time and starting place yet. 8 or 9 sounds about right to me. Tradition tells me we should start at the Tambu Lounge at Poly :).

I know we made it to Misner's last year and I dropped off because I was still recovering from the flu. Did anyone make it over to the Contemporary? I know the waitresses at Misner's freaked out when we all walked in. Was the Contemporary able to accomodate more people? Not sure where the lounge is in there. If that is a bigger lounge may make sense for that to be the final destination.

the last 2 did start at the Poly around 8 but that was also to allow time to switch resorts. I think the first year we actually started at 730pm. You can change the resort to start at and meet at the Contemporary first if you wanted to. I had started there last year because we never left there the first year we did it.

the last 2 did start at the Poly around 8 but that was also to allow time to switch resorts. I think the first year we actually started at 730pm. You can change the resort to start at and meet at the Contemporary first if you wanted to. I had started there last year because we never left there the first year we did it.

Well yeah tradition for me only includes last year LOL.

Really I don't have a preference. Let's keep the monorail crawl as a rough plan for that night and we can hammer out the details when it gets closer.

Amy, Robin and I are taking up the task of organizing a group dinner for Friday night.

For those planning on going, Please let us know if you are interested in a group dinner and where you would like to eat. Dinner would probably be 6:30 and then we could all head over to the Boardwalk for some fun at the Atlantic Dance Hall. . .

Thanks for getting the post posted! :) We can book a large ressie once we decide on where we all want to eat. I'm open to pretty much anything. If we want to combine the dinner/BW meet/Atlantic Dance Hall, we could look in the BW or Epcot area for a restaurant?

I would love to join in on dinner Friday night. Let me know if there is anything I can help with or organize.

I also LOVE the idea of the crawl!!! :)

Are people going solo or taking significant others, children, etc. ??

Tina, I am adding your name to the list.

Amy what time are you planning the crawl on Saturday and where are you going to start at? Did the bars close at midnight or something like that last year?

Pretty sure all the resort bars on the crawl had a midnight close time. Nobody got past Misner's last year, but we did have a heck of a time on the bus over to JR's and we closed the bar there that night.

Amy I found some information I wrote down last year when planning the crawl that might help you.

All of the lounges close at Midnight. Tambu of course is second floor as is Mizners. The Outer Rim at the Contemporary is on the 4th floor.

Amy, Robin and I are taking up the task of organizing a group dinner for Friday night.

For those planning on going, Please let us know if you are interested in a group dinner and where you would like to eat. Dinner would probably be 6:30 and then we could all head over to the Boardwalk for some fun at the Atlantic Dance Hall. . .

You know me, love that idea. Maybe a buffet like we did in Oct like Chef Mickey's or something like that. Just a thought.

:goodvibesThis is sooo exciting for me. After hearing all of the stories and fun everyone has. Its just crazy to see that places close so early considering here bars and lounges never close!

ok well here are my thoughts...let's do them all...:thumbsup2

Maybe Friday we could plan some sort of meet and greet. What if we were to meet up on the Boardwalk...maybe around 9? Than we can mosey on over the the Dance Hall.

Saturday - if people want to we could do another Monorail crawl. Let's take over Misner's again and give the waitresses a heart attack! LOL.

Sunday - If people want to meet up in Epcot we could wander around World Showcase. Figure people can join in and drop off as they want to.

Also, I am not considering myself the official planner or "boss" or anything. I just like to plan stuff :). Others, please feel free to organize other things. Augie, why don't you handle a mini-golf get together?

I don't know why she was so freaked out. We certainly were a friendly bunch :lmao:

The plan sounds great, Amy!!!

Count me in for dinner

I would love to join in on dinner Friday night. Let me know if there is anything I can help with or organize.

I also LOVE the idea of the crawl!!! :)

Are people going solo or taking significant others, children, etc. ??

I might be bringing my 16 year old son. Teresa and Roseanne might be bringing their kids too but they are older than my son.

Ah ok, just saw it.

May be kind of early to settle on a time and starting place yet. 8 or 9 sounds about right to me. Tradition tells me we should start at the Tambu Lounge at Poly :).

I know we made it to Misner's last year and I dropped off because I was still recovering from the flu. Did anyone make it over to the Contemporary? I know the waitresses at Misner's freaked out when we all walked in. Was the Contemporary able to accomodate more people? Not sure where the lounge is in there. If that is a bigger lounge may make sense for that to be the final destination.

Nope, we never did make it to the Contemporary.

Thanks for getting the post posted! :) We can book a large ressie once we decide on where we all want to eat. I'm open to pretty much anything. If we want to combine the dinner/BW meet/Atlantic Dance Hall, we could look in the BW or Epcot area for a restaurant?

Tina, I am adding your name to the list.

Pretty sure all the resort bars on the crawl had a midnight close time. Nobody got past Misner's last year, but we did have a heck of a time on the bus over to JR's and we closed the bar there that night.

Best bus ride EVER!!! :rotfl2:

I just read the entire thread.... count me in! Another newbie here but I would love to get together with a large group to tour the parks, eat, drink and be merry. I've never done a solo trip but right now I am considering getting an annual pass. :woohoo: Looking forward to seeing what type of events get planned. Thinking about renting points for either BC or BLT. May do BLT in Jan and BC in May.

Ken pirate:

Added Kismet (Tina?), goofeyken (Ken?) and ahoff (Augie).

Once we start getting a better idea of plans I will update the original post so everything is on the front page.

Hi Ken! :welcome: May will be my first dismeet and I am so excited and ready! Never personally met anyone on here but have definitely formed friendships that will last a lifetime.:goodvibes

I'm getting more excited by the day lol It'll be my first solo trip and I can't wait.

ADRs are now made, tours booked, now all I need to do is get the cases down from the attic and start packing ;)

Also...if you are on facebook let one of us know ( probably through PM) if you would like to have a bunch of DISers as friends :). Once you get added to one of our facebook lists you'll end up added to everyone's. I would say contact me, Darcy, Robin, Krista or Sha. Other's are up there too.

Also...if you are on facebook let one of us know ( probably through PM) if you would like to have a bunch of DISers as friends :). Once you get added to one of our facebook lists you'll end up added to everyone's. I would say contact me, Darcy, Robin, Krista or Sha. Other's are up there too.

Im not shy. Heading to work.... yall have a good night.
http://www.facebook.com/phishken

That was a lot of fun. So glad you ladies like to dance. I am sure we'll end up here more than once.

me too Amy! i've even been dancing here at home and for some reason I never do that. My friend Lisa told me at the hockey game the other night "You have never been this active before what is wrong with you" as I was dancing to the Black Eyed Peas in my seat lol :rotfl:

I am up for WHATEVER! I don't really care just want to have a great time and I'm certain we will. I need to book a room! Still haven't done that ak!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter