• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

Hello!! A newbie here to the meet. I am looking at going May 12-May 18 and staying at either the WL or BW. I am at work now but need to catch up on this thread when I get home. I don't think my husband is going to go since we'll be there in Jan so it's probably just going to be me. :)

I will get the list updated in a bit.

Do we want to start tossing meet ideas around? Even though we did a meal last year, it was hard to move around and talk to people. In addition we were such a large group that we were at two separate tables. I myself have some TS meals already planned so I am not really looking for another TS meal.

My thoughts were (none of these require a cover, etc. other than in some cases a park ticket):

1. Atlantic Dance Hall - we had a blast there in October and I am sure we will end up there anyway
2. Epcot Crawl - whatever your poison...food, drink, etc.
3. Since many are staying at the Boardwalk maybe we could do some type of meet and greet right there on the Boardwalk.
4. Monorail crawl - this was a lot of fun, would be up for doing that again

We can do one, some, all, none...thoughts? :)

My recommendation is we plan this for Saturday.

I get to make ADR's tomorrow for May...so what did I have a bad dream about last night?

My May ADR's. :lmao:

Can't believe I am having bad dreams about restaurant reservations.

I will get the list updated in a bit.

Do we want to start tossing meet ideas around? Even though we did a meal last year, it was hard to move around and talk to people. In addition we were such a large group that we were at two separate tables. I myself have some TS meals already planned so I am not really looking for another TS meal.

My thoughts were (none of these require a cover, etc. other than in some cases a park ticket):

1. Atlantic Dance Hall - we had a blast there in October and I am sure we will end up there anyway
2. Epcot Crawl - whatever your poison...food, drink, etc.
3. Since many are staying at the Boardwalk maybe we could do some type of meet and greet right there on the Boardwalk.
4. Monorail crawl - this was a lot of fun, would be up for doing that again

We can do one, some, all, none...thoughts? :)

My recommendation is we plan this for Saturday.

Perhaps a round of golf at Fantasia, a short walk from BW.

All of the suggestions sounds like fun. Especially the Crawls :woohoo:

I won't be there for the actual 'big' event (alas, back in dreary old England then), but hope to say hello to some of you who may be arriving before the 14th.

Amy- Tom and I are up for just about anything you plan.

Robin- HECK YES!!!! I am always up for a fun night of drinking...even though it only takes two drinks to get me loaded...:thumbsup2

ok well here are my thoughts...let's do them all...:thumbsup2

Maybe Friday we could plan some sort of meet and greet. What if we were to meet up on the Boardwalk...maybe around 9? Than we can mosey on over the the Dance Hall.

Saturday - if people want to we could do another Monorail crawl. Let's take over Misner's again and give the waitresses a heart attack! LOL.

Sunday - If people want to meet up in Epcot we could wander around World Showcase. Figure people can join in and drop off as they want to.

Also, I am not considering myself the official planner or "boss" or anything. I just like to plan stuff :). Others, please feel free to organize other things. Augie, why don't you handle a mini-golf get together?

All of that stuff sounds good to me Amy. I especially love the Dance hall idea :worship:

Amy, Robin and I are taking up the task of organizing a group dinner for Friday night.

For those planning on going, Please let us know if you are interested in a group dinner and where you would like to eat. Dinner would probably be 6:30 and then we could all head over to the Boardwalk for some fun at the Atlantic Dance Hall. . .

Amy what time are you planning the crawl on Saturday and where are you going to start at? Did the bars close at midnight or something like that last year?

I would love to join in on dinner Friday night. Let me know if there is anything I can help with or organize.

I also LOVE the idea of the crawl!!! :)

Are people going solo or taking significant others, children, etc. ??

Amy, Robin and I are taking up the task of organizing a group dinner for Friday night.

For those planning on going, Please let us know if you are interested in a group dinner and where you would like to eat. Dinner would probably be 6:30 and then we could all head over to the Boardwalk for some fun at the Atlantic Dance Hall. . .

I will not be able to make the group dinner Friday, already have another dinner booked. But I will definitely be over later for the Boardwalk fun. Darcy and Robin thanks for taking that on :)

Amy what time are you planning the crawl on Saturday?

I have no idea. How late are the lounges open? I was thinking maybe 8 or 9.

I would love to join in on dinner Friday night. Let me know if there is anything I can help with or organize.

I also LOVE the idea of the crawl!!! :)

Are people going solo or taking significant others, children, etc. ??

I think most of us, at least the ones I know going, will not have their kids with them. Obviously for the more adult activities it probably isn't appropriate to bring kids. Not sure how much fun going bar to bar on the monorail would be for a child LOL. Doesn't mean they are not welcome though :).

While I think this group started as a bunch of singles a few years ago people have paired up so there will be a combo of singles and couples in the group.

I just edited my post asking about the lounge time... lol

Ah ok, just saw it.

May be kind of early to settle on a time and starting place yet. 8 or 9 sounds about right to me. Tradition tells me we should start at the Tambu Lounge at Poly :).

I know we made it to Misner's last year and I dropped off because I was still recovering from the flu. Did anyone make it over to the Contemporary? I know the waitresses at Misner's freaked out when we all walked in. Was the Contemporary able to accomodate more people? Not sure where the lounge is in there. If that is a bigger lounge may make sense for that to be the final destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter