• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2003

KEVIN1

Earning My Ears
Am going to Orlando for the first time next May. Has anyone been there in May before? If so is it busy? We are staying at the Best Western Movieland hotel on international drive. Has anyone stayed there before? Also has anyone got any tips for us first timers about theme parks, nightlife etc

Welcome to the DIS Boards Kevin.

Not been in May or stayed at Best Western I'm afraid.

Tips for first timers - well lots but start with reading the guidebooks - Simon's Brits Guide and the Unofficial Guide are very good starting points and can both be bought from Amazon.co.uk.

Also plan as much or as little as you want but do some planning. Make any PSs in good time, ditto if you want to do an Illuminations Cruise or go to Discovery Cove.

Ask away with more specific questions and you will get lots of useful advice.

We went last May (2001) and it was a great time to go, the parks were relatively quiet, it was warm, in fact some days it was downright hot, but it get's hotter as the summer goes on.

I would definitely go again in May.

Can't help with the Best Western I'm afraid.

bev

Hi there, were off in may 2003 as well for 3 weeks, when do you fly, and where from??.(were going 9th may from gatwick)
Weve not been in may before, last year we went in july/august,never again, weve heard may is the best time to go, hence why weve booked 3 weeks instead of 2!.
Cant help with the hotel youre staying in,im sure somebody will though
Welcome to the boards.

Jules

Thanks for all the advice. Am flyin from Manchester on the 1st May.
Will probably go to discovery cove as my girlfriend has always wanted to swim with dolphins. Has anyone been there ?

Hi Kevin

I am getting married in Orlando next May !

May is one of the most ideal months to travel - the weather is not too hot or humid - there is minimal rainfall + the parks are much quieter than the summer months.

We stayed at the hotel in 1997 (then it was the Las Palmas)

The hotel is located at the northern end of I-drive across the road from Wet-n-Wild.

The hotel has a pool + sundeck - with a small tiki bar.

Rooms were clean although a little dated (I undertstand that the hotel has undergone a major refurbishment since we were there and so I pressume that the standard of accommodation will have improved)

There are hundreds of restaurants + shops within walking distance - the I-ride trolley (which is handy for travelling to the southern end of I-drive) also stops close to the hotel.

Just ask if you need any more info !

Tyke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter