May 20-23, 2016 /3-Night Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise

If you would prefer to send the info to me via private message, Disboards requires you to have 10 messages connected to your account first. This helps them to know you're a person and not a computer.

Thanks! I will have to make a few more posts before I can send you a private message with our family details, since I don't think I've posted 10 times yet. I will get on top of it!

What are people planning to do on Nassau day? We have been there once before, and decided we would just stay on the ship this time.

Also, a friend of mine mentioned that you could no longer get items autographed by dropping them off at Guest Services. Is that true? We have had pillowcases and t-shirts autographed by the characters in the past, and they are much loved!!

Also, a friend of mine mentioned that you could no longer get items autographed by dropping them off at Guest Services. Is that true? We have had pillowcases and t-shirts autographed by the characters in the past, and they are much loved!!

I've heard that is true. :( I wish they would still do it! It would be an awesome souvenir for my almost one year old!

Hmmm...I've posted 10 comments on various threads, but still can't figure out how to send you a private message! Maybe it takes a while after you post before you are granted that access?

It takes about 30 minutes to update after you have 10 messages. Click on your account name or Inbox and then click on Conversation. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
My husband and I (for the past 4 years) have flown to Nassau and stayed a week at Harborside, but this will be the first time taking our kids. What excursion are y'all looking into doing? We've always talked about doing Atlantis, but their 4&5 and that will be about $700 for just a few hours at Atlantis. so we're looking at doing something else. The straw market is kinda scary with people coming up and "tugging you this way" to see their stuff, so we're looking at trying to find something to do that everyone will have fun with!

We are planning to hike Queen's Staircase. You can walk there from the ship. I'm not sure exactly what else yet.

I seriously need to check back more often. :) There are 5 more pages of postings since the last time I was on here. I finally booked air and transportation to the port :) yay! Two less things to do. Now to decide exactly what I'm doing for FE gifts. I have a few ideas in mind. It's just deciding what to do and get moving on it.

Is anyone here planning on doing the castaway cay 5k?

A Dr I work for went on Disney Dream last month and they brought a pillow case and left it and had a bunch of characters sign it. She's a VIP Disney member though (or whatever it's called) she also said any type of meeting, so to because they end up giving you something free at them all. She ended up with a big Disney bag, hats, and tumblers just for listening to what they have to say for 30 min or so.

A Dr I work for went on Disney Dream last month and they brought a pillow case and left it and had a bunch of characters sign it. She's a VIP Disney member though (or whatever it's called) she also said any type of meeting, so to because they end up giving you something free at them all. She ended up with a big Disney bag, hats, and tumblers just for listening to what they have to say for 30 min or so.
Wow! Good to know!

I seriously need to check back more often. :) There are 5 more pages of postings since the last time I was on here. I finally booked air and transportation to the port :) yay! Two less things to do. Now to decide exactly what I'm doing for FE gifts. I have a few ideas in mind. It's just deciding what to do and get moving on it.

Is anyone here planning on doing the castaway cay 5k?
Did you go with Disney transportation or private? I need to schedule ours.

My husband and I (for the past 4 years) have flown to Nassau and stayed a week at Harborside, but this will be the first time taking our kids. What excursion are y'all looking into doing? We've always talked about doing Atlantis, but their 4&5 and that will be about $700 for just a few hours at Atlantis. so we're looking at doing something else. The straw market is kinda scary with people coming up and "tugging you this way" to see their stuff, so we're looking at trying to find something to do that everyone will have fun with!

There is a little trick to doing Atlantis on the the cheap. There is a hotel affiliated with Atlantis called the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. As a guest at this hotel, you are granted privileges at Atlantis. When my sister went with my nephew, it was cheaper for her to book a one night stay at the hotel and just not use the room than to buy day passes. They checked in at the hotel and headed to the water park.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ise_Island_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

Good to know about the meeting! As far as the pillowcase goes, there was a service called "Mickey Mail", but it's been discontinued. You could leave an item at Guest Services and it would be autographed by all the characters and magically returned to you on the last night of the cruise. It was sadly discontinued in August of last year. I was so bummed to hear this!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...y-mail-character-autograph-service-in-august/

Did you go with Disney transportation or private? I need to schedule ours.

I looked into just about every options going from MCO to the port....taxi, private car, disney transportation and renting a car. For us, a family of 4, it was cheaper to rent a car for the day and drop it off at the port. There is a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from the car rental office to the ship. I'm renting a car at port and dropping it at MCO on the return as well. It's $70 round trip per person on DCL transportation ($280 for my family) vs. roughly $114 I'm paying for 2 rentals. Plus we have a little freedom to go visit either Disney Springs or Kennedy space center for a little while before our afternoon return flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter