• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

We'll be at BWV 25-28!
Right now we are in Charlotte's airport and it is jammed packed. :crowded:

I wonder if we have seen you!!

We were in Epcot yesterday afternoon, and sat in the American Pavilion fast food area under the umbrellas, with friends, chatting. Also heard and then saw a little of Herman's Hermits. Peter Noone still looks good and it all took me back to my mid teens in the 60's! He was one of my favourites back then.

Boy it is so hot. Hotter than seasonal norm, and humid. Gets us climatised for the Panama!!

Should we pack bug spray? Thanks!

I would.

Thanks all. We'll have plenty of bug spray if anyone needs it.

What brand of bug spray do recommend? I've never bought any before. Are there any with sunscreen?

Thanks, Jennifer:moped:

What brand of bug spray do recommend? I've never bought any before. Are there any with sunscreen?

Thanks, Jennifer:moped:

Hi All:cool1:
Being originally from Florida:sunny: ,I can safely say you should get a repellant with deet in it if you want to do any good with most insects:darth:.

Speaking of hot and humid :faint:, If my memory still holds from my days of my time in the Air Force :dumbo: I remember the doors to our C141 opening and instant humidity hitting my flight suit like a bucket of sweat. :scared1: Of course we will only be passing through the locks and it will be in Early May:worship:.

And on a heavier note; I had to pull out the second large bag because I had too much weight in the one big one ( I always pack too many cloths):cloud9:. Keep up the reports guys and see you soon.:love:.:firefight

I wonder if we have seen you!!

We were in Epcot yesterday afternoon, and sat in the American Pavilion fast food area under the umbrellas, with friends, chatting. Also heard and then saw a little of Herman's Hermits. Peter Noone still looks good and it all took me back to my mid teens in the 60's! He was one of my favourites back then.

Boy it is so hot. Hotter than seasonal norm, and humid. Gets us climatised for the Panama!!

I would.

We are heading out soon for the last concert! I agree about the heat during the day, but yesterday we thought the evening was perfect.

I use an Apple Scooter...will be in Epcot again tomorrow and MK on Tuesday.

Does anyone know the movies that will be shown in the theater?

Hi Bobbi
Hang tight! My DW quoted them to me from some site the other night. I know that The new Capt. America 2, Bears, Muppet's most wanted, Million Dollar Arm, and Maleficent will be premiering. Frozen, Saving Mr. Banks, Need For Speed, Finding Nemo 3D, and Frozen will also be playing. I was hoping for Spidy 2 which comes out May 2 but I don't see it listed anywhere, unless they are keeping it a secret. We can only hope so. Hope this helps.:firefight

Hi Bobbi
Hang tight! My DW quoted them to me from some site the other night. I know that The new Capt. America 2, Bears, Muppet's most wanted, Million Dollar Arm, and Maleficent will be premiering. Frozen, Saving Mr. Banks, Need For Speed, Finding Nemo 3D, and Frozen will also be playing. I was hoping for Spidy 2 which comes out May 2 but I don't see it listed anywhere, unless they are keeping it a secret. We can only hope so. Hope this helps.:firefight
I hope youare right about Maleficent, but it is not released until May 30. Hard to believe we will get to see it before the release date.pirate:

Mailfacent will not be shown on our cruise. It will premier on the 9 night Alaska. They can not start showing it earlier. That's ok I am not seeing it anyway so I am not disappointed. It really bothers me that she is not green. I can't get over it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I did not know about the 9 minute Preview of Maleficent that is being shown at DHS right now. We saw it twice! I was not interested in the movie before, but now we both are!

I am happy to see so many movies on the list that we want to see:goodvibes

Bobbi

Hi all. I just noticed this cruise and it is my dream to take DCL thru the PC.

I notice that the price for veranda is pretty good. We want to wait until we are on Fantasy this June to book this cruise (for the OBC and discount). Does anyone think the prices should be going up by then? Thanks!
I was wondering when we first looked at this cruise. My dream will soon come true! :cool1:

Silly me, there is no date on my quote. Circa 3/3/13

I am quietly freaking out. Got most of my packing done, but our luggage scale gave me a different reading every time I tried to weigh my suitcase. I have decided to play it safe and leave the gown that I have for Pirate Night at home. I have a couple of other dresses that I can turn into Pirate outfits.

My carry on is nearly packed. I just need to add my Secret Mickey gifts and then this can be zipped up. My personal item I won't sort out until I come home from work on Wednesday.

I have charged our assorted cameras and have pre-purchased the photo CD. The only big thing left to do as far as the cruise is concerned is having a manicure on Wednesday, but that is a treat really. I wish I could say the same about work. I found out today that I need to find time to fit in two meetings before I leave at 15:00 on Wednesday on top of the 4 I already have scheduled. Still, this will be forgotten when I see the Wonder on Friday and get my first hug from Captain Mickey.

Corinna

Getting excited for our trip! I'm mostly packed in that I've picked out what we're going to bring but I haven't crammed it all in the suitcases neatly yet :)

I also am almost finished with my pirate night costume, just need to put some roses on my hat and finish the lacing. Hopefully that fits in the suitcase as well, luckily I made everything out of a thinner material than the outfit I'm modelling (the red head from the POTC ride).

pirate:

See you all soon!

I'm just now starting to pack. We bought the packing cubes. Interesting. I really hope we only have to bring one gigantic suite case and a carry on and a back pack. Wishful thinking......
If I remember correctly, to use the washing machines, you can use your cabin key and no $$, right?
It's pretty awesome only bringing 8 of everything instead of 16 of everything!

I'm just now starting to pack. We bought the packing cubes. Interesting. I really hope we only have to bring one gigantic suite case and a carry on and a back pack. Wishful thinking......
If I remember correctly, to use the washing machines, you can use your cabin key and no $$, right?
It's pretty awesome only bringing 8 of everything instead of 16 of everything!

Yes, no money for washing machines on board, use room key.

See you soon!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I feel like I have been packing for days :-) with 3 little girls, there are so many princess dresses that the suitcases are overflowing. Just the last minute items left to pack now. Have not pre booked the photo cd, is it necessary? Is it the same price onboard? I saw some mention of bringing bug spray, is it necessary? Didn't pack that item, should I get some?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter