• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I checked out the website and the facebook page. I sent a message about joining one of the FE groups. Can someone give me more info on how you all do it? Do we doing something for each person in the family, just kids, one thing for the whole family? I have an idea for the kids, but have to think more for adults.....

I checked out the website and the facebook page. I sent a message about joining one of the FE groups. Can someone give me more info on how you all do it? Do we doing something for each person in the family, just kids, one thing for the whole family? I have an idea for the kids, but have to think more for adults.....

Unless your group has a theme or an agreement, it is up to you what to give. Once you are assigned a group, you can communicate. Some people ask about how many in each cabin, favorite characters, colors, some make special crafts, I think it is very open!

1st of all, let me say :welcome::welcome::welcome:

For FE gifts, that's the nice thing about it. :good vibes Everyone does whatever they feel comfortable doing.:thumbsup2

Some do gifts for each person in the room, that's why we collect ages/likes/dislikes/collections. Some do 1 gift for whole room. The more creative folks :artist: make personalized door magnets/bottle top buttons for family members, or with dates/information about the cruise ...

Our 1st cruise we did a little travel emergency medical kit for each room, as well as pocket size disney kleenex, some disney pencils and puzzles, and a pin or 2.:)

Now Wendy (CaptJackFan), has become quite the creative one.:artist:princess: We will occasionally pick up some disney items we see in stores throughout the year, but she enjoys making the gifts.

Hope that helps ...

One more thing...any runners/walkers going on the cruise? I'd put under the Meets tab a DIS Run/Walk activity which really isn't a meet per se. On our last PC cruise about 15 to 20 folks had walking/running logs printed out for them that allowed them to keep track of how much they walked/ran over the course of the cruise. At the end, they got certificates printed up that were signed by a cast member.

Jeff, I am a marathoner and with the 15 nights will definitely plan on running a marathon (26+ miles) over the length of this cruise. What a great idea to have a log.

I had used my GPS running watch on my last cruise, and it was funny to see how useless it was with the movement of the ship. I was the first man to ever run a sub 3-minute mile! This time I will use it for the interval (run-walk) timer, but not for the distance.

I need to find some other helpful way to remember how many times I ran around the deck - when I get tired, and it is above 20, I tend to lose track. Any helpful tips?

The best way Susan and I have found to keep track of laps ran/walked on board is by cross checking each other. We're doing run/walk training now for our first distance race since the WDW marathon in 2011. We've got a local half marathon in mid April. We're going to continue to do halfs - two marathons was enough for us. :cool1:

I have similar certificates made up for marathon distance and can do others easily in Photoshop.

Here is a form link for signing up for the DIS WBPC Run-Walk.

DIS WBPC Run-Walk

Will there be semi-formal nights and pirate night in our cruise? If so, what's the dress code for semi-formal night? Also, what's the dress code for men for Palo dinner? Thanks!

Will there be semi-formal nights and pirate night in our cruise? If so, what's the dress code for semi-formal night? Also, what's the dress code for men for Palo dinner? Thanks!

A fellow cruiser provided this information on the Facebook Page.

Friday, 5/2 - Miami, Florida
*Cruise Casual

Saturday, 5/3 - Key West, Florida
*Cruise Casual

Sunday, 5/4 - At Sea
*Formal Night

Monday 5/5 - Cozumel, Mexico
*Cruise Casual

Tuesday, 5/6 - At Sea
*Cruise Casual

Wednesday, 5/7 - At Sea
*Cruise Casual

Thursday, 5/8 - Cartagena, Colombia
*Cruise Casual

Friday, 5/9 - Panama Canal (cruising canal)
*Cruise Casual

Saturday, 5/10 - At Sea
*Cruise Casual

Sunday, 5/11 - At Sea
*Semi-Formal Night

Monday, 5/12 - At Sea
*Pirate Night

Tuesday, 5/13 - At Sea
*Cruise Casual

Wednesday, 5/14 - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
*Cruise Casual

Thursday, 5/15 - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
*Formal Night

Friday, 5/16 - At Sea
*Cruise Casual​

We have never been to Palo so I can't answer that question directly.

For semi-formal dinners I normally wear a skirt or a dress. My hubby normally wears dress pants or khakis with a dress shirt. No tie for semi-formal night. Some might dress up a little more. But that's what we go with. :)

Here is the dress code for Palo from the DCL site:

"At Palo, dress pants and a shirt are required for men (jacket is optional) and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes."

Regarding semi-formal nights, all "dress up" nights are optional now anyway. I used to carry my tux for formal and a dark suit for semi-formal nights. Now I just carry a dark suit and leave the tux at home. Many others simply ignore the "dress up" nights altogether, which I personally think is sad. I always thought the Disney cruise ships had a air of sophistication and class. Now, not so much so.

Here is the dress code for Palo from the DCL site:

"At Palo, dress pants and a shirt are required for men (jacket is optional) and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes."

Regarding semi-formal nights, all "dress up" nights are optional now anyway. I used to carry my tux for formal and a dark suit for semi-formal nights. Now I just carry a dark suit and leave the tux at home. Many others simply ignore the "dress up" nights altogether, which I personally think is sad. I always thought the Disney cruise ships had a air of sophistication and class. Now, not so much so.

You have a tux at home??????

I❤MICKEY;50961620 said:
You have a tux at home??????

Sure, I would guess many men do. Go to a few formal events and it doesn't take long for a tux to pay for itself versus rentals. :thumbsup2

Sure, I would guess many men do. Go to a few formal events and it doesn't take long for a tux to pay for itself versus rentals. :thumbsup2

I must be hanging in the wrong circles. I don't think I've ever been invited to an event that requires guests to wear a tux or evening gown. :)

Since we have two formal nights I think you should bring it. Go all out. Who cares if DCL has changed the policy. If you feel good looking dapper that's all that matters.

. Many others simply ignore the "dress up" nights altogether, which I personally think is sad. I always thought the Disney cruise ships had a air of sophistication and class. Now, not so much so.

I have to agree with you - to each their own, but wearing shorts and shirts on formal night is a tad sad.

I know our boys love dressing up - it makes them feel special, since it is the only times they will wear a tie all year.

With all of the good discount clothing stores or ebay, there is a low cost way of getting clothes to make the occasion special.

I have never brought my tux,but I go Southern and bring my seersucker suit - fun to wear and feels tropical!

Actually, we found a Tux store going out of business before our first cruise back in '05. So, I bought a couple of tuxes (black and white) along with all his Disney accessories.

I bring them on most of the 14nt cruises since they always have a formal night (or two) and only on special 7nt cruises, otherwise with the new luggage costs, I just stick to black slacks and a nice Disney polo shirt (usually buy one each cruise as a souvenir).

We have found these longer cruises that people dress up more on formal nights. John had his tux last May and he wasn't the only one by any means. Mind, we did check with our table mates first so he wouldn't be alone. The men look fabulous. I think it might just be a dark suit this time though. I want to wear a long black dress.

We have found these longer cruises that people dress up more on formal nights. John had his tux last May and he wasn't the only one by any means. Mind, we did check with our table mates first so he wouldn't be alone. The men look fabulous. I think it might just be a dark suit this time though. I want to wear a long black dress.
I will wear a sport jacket and tie and Bano will not be wearing a dress, but she dresses up good.

You're right about the savings. :thumbsup2

I'm trying to decide whether or not to take mine as well. I always at least do a shirt, tie, and jacket for formal ... and shirt/jacket; or shirt, tie, and vest for semi-formal.

I love dressing up. I tend to joke that I was born to be a princess. I always have an evening gown or two made for our cruises. This is the gown I had made for our December cruise:

Two of the gowns for this cruise will be the same design. One will be contrasting shades of blue and one will be contrasting shades of lilac/ purple. Both will have silver embroidery.

My gown for the Golden Mickeys night is based on this design:

It will be gold with dark blue embroidery.

Corinna

Oh my goodness, the gowns are gorgeous! Hmmmm, maybe I should pack a tad more dressy!

I love dressing up. I tend to joke that I was born to be a princess. I always have an evening gown or two made for our cruises. This is the gown I had made for our December cruise:

Two of the gowns for this cruise will be the same design. One will be contrasting shades of blue and one will be contrasting shades of lilac/ purple. Both will have silver embroidery.

My gown for the Golden Mickeys night is based on this design:

It will be gold with dark blue embroidery.

Corinna

Wow gorgeous, I need someone like you to shop for me, I am just "shopping my closet" for a gown unless I happen to see something (unlikely as I never get to go shopping anymore)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter