• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

For those of us with potty trained 2 or 3 year olds- are you bringing any swimming device (floaties, etc) for them or are they available on the boat.

This is from the list of prohibited items:

Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

they have pool life jackets readily available for free at the kids pools.

We are currently at 15 for the Dora Tour in Cartegenas, if you are interested in joining us we have room for 3 more.

I have been emailing those that are signed up. If you did not receive an email or two from me and still wish to go, let me know right away!

Just making sure I didn't miss anyone or someone that wishes to join us!

Thank you!

Hello! Do you still have room for one more on this tour? The description sounded great (and unless it's only my wishful thinking, there sounded like there was even a bit of a shopping opportunity thrown in.....:goodvibes).

Thanks, Patricia (AuntP)

Reposting w/ updates. See red text for changes. Please note we now have a tentative day/time. Hope this helps with persons who were unsure with Palo reservations, spa reservations and nursery.

1 HOUR OPEN BAR EVENT

*****EVENT SIGN-UP WILL CLOSE ON 3/28/14*****
*****PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY 3/28/14*****
*****PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION*****

ORGANIZER: Melissa Lemieux / I❤MICKEY

DATE AND LOCATION: TBD. (Tentatively May 10 at either 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM).Will be assigned by DCL on a Sea Day. Will not conflict with scheduled mixology, tastings or dinner times. Date and time will be finalized once payment is received.

COST: $13.25 including gratuity. $10.75 for non-alcoholic drinker (soda/juices). Free for non-drinkers.

SIGN-UP: Send private message to I❤MICKEY. Please include your name, the number of drinkers, and the number of non-drinkers. Do not send private message on disboard if you already signed up on Facebook.

PAYMENT: Pre-payment is necessary. Unfortunately, DCL will not charge on board accounts. DCL requires that the organizer collects the payment and then pays DCL via credit card. There are two options for paying.
  • Mail a check. Send me a private message and I will provide the mailing address.
  • Submit your payment via PayPal at dcleventpay@gmail.com. If paying by PayPal please be sure to mark as sending money to family or friends and include your name in the message for tracking purposes. To (email or mobile phone)
    This is information the PayPal send money page asked for. Mark "I'm sending money to family or friends". AmountAmount Amount:Currency: What are you sending money for?
    • I'm paying for goods or services
    • I'm sending money to family or friends
Please make payment by March 28, 2014.

PAYMENT TRACKING: I will send you a private message once payment is received.

MINIMUM GUESTS: We have reached the minimum. The event is a sure thing.

BAR PACKAGE OVERVIEW: The following is the information from the flyer outlining the premium bar package.
Premium Bar: $13.25 (per person ~ 25 guest minimum) Vodka: Absolut, Smirnoff ~ Rum: Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Parrot Bay ~ Gin: Beefeater, Tangueray ~ Whiskey/Bourbon: Canadian Club,Seagrams VO, Jack Daniel ~ Tequila: Cuervo Gold ~ Cognac: Courvoisier VS, Hennessy VS ~ Wines: White/Santa Carolina Chardonnay Red/Santa Carolina Merlot & Brancott Pinot Noir; Blush/Beringer White Zinfandel ~ Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, Heineken, Michelob Ultra, Samuel Adams, Newcastle Brown
Non-Alcoholic Beverage: $10.75 (per person / per hour ~ 25 guest minimum)
Coke, Diet Coke, Orange, Apple, Cranberry, Pineapple Juice, Evian Water

During the open bar event on our last sailing my husband and a group of gentleman were drinking Macallan Select Oak which is not listed. I only point this out to provide the expectation that the above are the alcohol options that are part of the package but that others may be available. Private message me with any questions you may have.

How much is Dora tour? There's 3 of us including our 3 years old are interested to join if its still open. Thank you.- Karina

This is from the list of prohibited items:

Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

they have pool life jackets readily available for free at the kids pools.

Thank you. I am going to bring her bathing suit that has the tube built in, if she can't use it, no problem, I am sure it won't be the only thing I overpack. :-)

For those that will be using the nursery, are you scheduling hours now? I have time reserved when we are scheduled to go to Palo, but nothing else. Is it worth it to schedule random time now or wait until we board? Do you think there will be a problem reserving time on board?

Thank you. I am going to bring her bathing suit that has the tube built in, if she can't use it, no problem, I am sure it won't be the only thing I overpack. :-)

You will be absolutely fine with this. From the DCL website:
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.

Corinna

I thought of bringing my DD's swim suit that doubles as a swim float. Its nice. I used it for her swim birthday party and she did so well with it. She is 3 BTW. Packs well and I got it at Target on clearance for 10 bucks. Her swim suits cost more than that. lol.

On another note, anybody have kids under 2 coming on this trip? I have a son who is turning one the day we leave and felt he needed some interaction while we are there.

My son will just have turned 2 on the day after we leave, does that count? I'm not sure if he's too old to play with but he loves interacting with others :)

Also for the folks who have small potty trained children, do they just take your word for it? My son has been trained from an early age, 9 weeks, (elimination communication). I wasn't sure if anyone would believe it though. I'm just curious how they deal with small ones or do they automatically give you a hassle?

For those that will be using the nursery, are you scheduling hours now? I have time reserved when we are scheduled to go to Palo, but nothing else. Is it worth it to schedule random time now or wait until we board? Do you think there will be a problem reserving time on board?

We sailed on the Magic in February 2013. The ship was completely full due to a KSF promo. We booked about 8 nursery hours in advance. After the first nights dinner we decided to see if it was possible to book nursery for every dinner the rest of the week. It was no problem. They had plenty of vacancy. We also stopped by one morning after breakfast to see if there was room in the afternoon so we could enjoy the adult only pool. No problem.

I would say considering how few people are on this sailing you shouldn't need to worry too much.

My son will just have turned 2 on the day after we leave, does that count? I'm not sure if he's too old to play with but he loves interacting with others :)

Also for the folks who have small potty trained children, do they just take your word for it? My son has been trained from an early age, 9 weeks, (elimination communication). I wasn't sure if anyone would believe it though. I'm just curious how they deal with small ones or do they automatically give you a hassle?

I can't recall seeing a cast member tell a parent to remove a child from the pool because they were too young. But I also don't recall seeing any as young as 9 months in the pool.

I have seen them tell parents with kids wearing swim diapers they have to come out.

My son was just over 2 on our first sailing and potty trained. He was short for his age. Nothing was every said by cast members. I did have a parent ask me how old he was. I told her. She told me the potty training policy. I smiled politely and said I had reviewed the information and my son was completely potty trained. It must have been divine intervention because at that moment Beckett looked at me and said mommy I need to go poo-poo as he climbed out.

The Mickey pool has been closed for short periods during both of my sailings. Once due to throw up and once due to someone having an accident in the pool.

Probably more information than you wanted. :)

I❤MICKEY;50946436 said:
We sailed on the Magic in February 2013. The ship was completely full due to a KSF promo. We booked about 8 nursery hours in advance. After the first nights dinner we decided to see if it was possible to book nursery for every dinner the rest of the week. It was no problem. They had plenty of vacancy. We also stopped by one morning after breakfast to see if there was room in the afternoon so we could enjoy the adult only pool. No problem.

I would say considering how few people are on this sailing you shouldn't need to worry too much.

Thank you! Since this is our first cruise, I wanted to play it by ear with the club/nursery to see how the kids react.

Several more families added to the Roll Call. Also we've added more to the Main Seating DIS Dining and started a group for Late Seating. If you'd rather dine with some fellow DISboarders versus random pick of Disney Cruise Line let me know here, send me a PM or email me. There is a link to email me on the website. :cool1:

One more thing...any runners/walkers going on the cruise? I'd put under the Meets tab a DIS Run/Walk activity which really isn't a meet per se. On our last PC cruise about 15 to 20 folks had walking/running logs printed out for them that allowed them to keep track of how much they walked/ran over the course of the cruise. At the end, they got certificates printed up that were signed by a cast member.

5967986_orig.jpg

Thank you! Since this is our first cruise, I wanted to play it by ear with the club/nursery to see how the kids react.

It here are specific days/times you would like to be kid/baby free I would book them in advance just to be sure. As you mentioned your Palo Brunch or a spa treatment. Other than that I think you are safe playing it by ear.

I❤MICKEY;50946528 said:
The Mickey pool has been closed for short periods during both of my sailings. Once due to throw up and once due to someone having an accident in the pool.

They have Babe Ruths candy bars onboard? :rolleyes1

Hi everyone. This is our 1st real family vacation, just us and no other extended family! We are very excited, but could use all the advice, tips, secrets, etc. for those experienced cruisers. Our boys are 8 and 5. I have booked our port excursions, and a dinner and brunch at Palo. What else do I need to book/reserve? What other fun things do we need to make sure we do? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

They have Babe Ruths candy bars onboard? :rolleyes1

Oh, that would be so cruel. It was horrible when they closed the pool. All those crying kids not wanting to come out. Then the oblivious parents who are like just scoop it out, it's ok.

Now I know who I need to keep my eye on. ;)

Hi everyone. This is our 1st real family vacation, just us and no other extended family! We are very excited, but could use all the advice, tips, secrets, etc. for those experienced cruisers. Our boys are 8 and 5. I have booked our port excursions, and a dinner and brunch at Palo. What else do I need to book/reserve? What other fun things do we need to make sure we do? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Congratulations. You are going to love it. DCL is our families favorite vacation. My boys are 3 and almost 6. They beg for DCL. My husband loves the cruising too even though he isn't an overly Disney kind of guy.

Check out the first thread on this forum to sign up for fish exchange, mixology classes, tastings, pin trading, secret Mickey, etc if these are of interest to you and your family. There is an open bar event I am coordinating. I think the information is about 10 posts before this one.

There is also a FaceBook page Facebook page for our group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/637605662932146/ and website http://5-2-2014-wbpccruisers.weebly.com.

I❤MICKEY;50946528 said:
I can't recall seeing a cast member tell a parent to remove a child from the pool because they were too young. But I also don't recall seeing any as young as 9 months in the pool.

I have seen them tell parents with kids wearing swim diapers they have to come out.

My son was just over 2 on our first sailing and potty trained. He was short for his age. Nothing was every said by cast members. I did have a parent ask me how old he was. I told her. She told me the potty training policy. I smiled politely and said I had reviewed the information and my son was completely potty trained. It must have been divine intervention because at that moment Beckett looked at me and said mommy I need to go poo-poo as he climbed out.

Probably more information than you wanted. :)

Thanks, my son will be 2 and is pretty big for his age so hopefully we won't get hassled. I don't know if we'll spend huge amounts of time in the pool since I have to go with him but I figured if we are there multiple times it will get old if someone comes to "check us out" every time.

Welcome!

Are you interested in tha Fish Extenders or Candy Exchange? Read Jeff Spencer's excellent web site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter