• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I added the Martini Tasting to the Meets page, also added the Last Sea Day Lunch too. For IamDMous, are you going to do any wine tastings beyond the champagne tasting? Susan and I would be up for that. We also signed up for the martini tasting. :cool1:

I added the Martini Tasting to the Meets page, also added the Last Sea Day Lunch too. For IamDMous, are you going to do any wine tastings beyond the champagne tasting? Susan and I would be up for that. We also signed up for the martini tasting. :cool1:

We are up for the wine tastings too :).

Great job Jeff :thumbsup2 (I never mastered layers :sad2:)

I'd like to sit with a group for dinner, not just a random Disney assignment (although they are usually pretty good).

Anyone up for a table of 8 or so?

WBPC Final Sea Day Luncheon

Bobbiwoz (2)
Dollphingirl47
Jeff Spencer (2)
Pirate Bob (2)
Muushka (2)
Jen Den
ImDMous (2)
WalleandEve (2)

Post here or PM me with any additional information!

I'd like to sit with a group for dinner, not just a random Disney assignment (although they are usually pretty good).

Anyone up for a table of 8 or so?

Susan and I are! I even put a placeholder for it on the web site already. :thumbsup2

We are main seating.

Susan and I are! I even put a placeholder for it on the web site already. :thumbsup2

We are main seating.

May I join you? I'm also first dining and would love to be with people I've already "met". If so, just tell me what I need to do to request it.

Thanks - Patricia (AuntP) :wave2:

Here's a list of everyone who filled out the tasting form for Mixology.

We are currently at 42 people, which is 2 over their maximum. If we get 8 more signed up we can split into two groups of 25 (the minimum). If we don't, then we'll just have a wait list in case anyone cancels.

ImDMous - 2
Jitensha - 2
MommyTo5 - 2
cntclark - 3
dancingvolleyballmom - 2
ppartekim - 4
GoinPlaces63 - 1 +1 non-drinker
mikaamma - 2
ERDocG - 1
PirateBob - 8
I❤MICKEY - 2
sallyplaid -2
bchilds - 2
dolphingirl47 - 1
beccafish3kids - 1
Jeff Spencer - 2
JRP - 2
DVCDCLfamily5 - 2

We need about 5 more in each for Champagne, martini and tequila to make a full session. As those fill, I'll put those lists up too. If something is wrong with your entry, PM me and I'll fix it up. If you want to join in, just fill out the form on the first message of the thread.

Hi,

I am new to disney. Could you please explain how the tastings work, when are they usually held, how much they cost?

Thanks

Geri

Hi,

I am new to disney. Could you please explain how the tastings work, when are they usually held, how much they cost?

Thanks

Geri

Hi Geri,

I think someone answered the first time, but stuff goes by quick on here . :)

The tastings are organized by DCL and hosted by one of the bartenders. Most of them are $15, but some of them are more expensive (champagne, chocolate tasting, etc.). I think the most expensive ones run to about $30. For the Martini tasting you get 4 half size Martinis in different styles. Usually there is a classic Gin Martini with the option to turn it into a Dirty Martini, a couple of fruity Martinis and a dessert Martini of some kind (chocolate or coffee). For the Tequila and Margarita tasting you get three shots of various ages and sometimes also a coffee flavoured Tequila. You also get two half size Margaritas. In all the tastings that I have done, I got one classic Margarita and then a fruit Margarita (Mango, Strawberry, Key Lime, etc). Mixology seems to change from cruise to cruise. Sometimes you make your own cocktails, sometimes you are given a range of cocktails and volunteers are asked to help to make them. In any case you should get 4 or 5 different cocktails and it is fun and educational.

Corinna

We are main seating.

Jeff - I saw that page on the website and was hoping that meant y'all were available for a group. :goodvibes

May I join you? I'm also first dining and would love to be with people I've already "met". If so, just tell me what I need to do to request it.

Thanks - Patricia (AuntP) :wave2:

And like that, there's already 4 for Main Seating!

At some point, there's a way to "link" reservations - it's been a long time since I have done this. I think we gather all the Reservation #s (with Primary Guest's b'day) and call Castaway Club.

Hi All
The last cruise I called DVC and they handled it with info such as reservation number and main or late seating,pixiedust: and viola it was don! I think you can call Disney reservations and get the same result. If nothing else they can give you the 411.:love:

Jeff - I saw that page on the website and was hoping that meant y'all were available for a group. :goodvibes

And like that, there's already 4 for Main Seating!

At some point, there's a way to "link" reservations - it's been a long time since I have done this. I think we gather all the Reservation #s (with Primary Guest's b'day) and call Castaway Club.

I know how to do it. :thumbsup2 I linked 23 cabins (56 people) together on our last Med cruise. :grouphug:

So, Lynne, Patricia if you PM or email me your reservation number and the full name the stateroom is booked under I'll call DCL and have our reservations linked for dining. Seems like we have room for 4 more at a table. However, if others would like to join, I've been able to get as many as 4 tables together.

Here is a link to another Photobucket of RustManFan who does designs for magnets, etc. Lots of good stuff one can personalize.

http://s387.photobucket.com/user/RustManFan/library/Disney%20Stuff/Disney%20Cruise%20Line?sort=3&page=1

And here is a link to the DISboard thread for LadyB who is currently taking requests:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007889

Hi Jeff,

Lady B's magnets are great. the link for RustMan needs a password.

Thanks again,

Geri

I am thinking about keeping both dolphin swims (or whatever they are called) in Cozumel and PV for the boys. This is mostly because I don't have any info on whether or not one is better than the other, and would hate to drop the "good" one. Is it just plain stupid to do both??? Like so redundant it's a waste?

I know how to do it. :thumbsup2 I linked 23 cabins (56 people) together on our last Med cruise. :grouphug:

So, Lynne, Patricia if you PM or email me your reservation number and the full name the stateroom is booked under I'll call DCL and have our reservations linked for dining. Seems like we have room for 4 more at a table. However, if others would like to join, I've been able to get as many as 4 tables together.

Jeff - still working on getting the minimum posts under my new username to be able to PM, so I sent you an email instead with all my info. Thanks for doing this!

Patricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter