• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

How many posts do I need to be able to PM? We would love to do FE. pixiedust:

You need at least 10 posts.. Just do countdown posts here (everyone else has at one time or another)...

Just give us a one line tip/hint/joke... with each one.. or have fun and make it like those old highway sign ads.. one line per sign leading up to some big ad or restaurant, etc.... :)

Alan, or anyone else who might know.....do Southwest Airlines normally have a post Christmas sale?

We have made our big decision. Staying on this cruise and now booked the EBTA as well, leaving 19th May, so will have to fly over to Orlando on the 17th straight from San Diego. There are a couple of convenient flights, 12.10 and 12.20 I think but wondering whether to book now or wait a while.

:cool1::cool1:

Honestly I have no clue what they have planed for sales. My best advise is, if you will use Southwest, get your ticket and if the price goes down exchange it. You get a credit for one year from date of purchase. No fee attached.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Thanks Alan. That is a good idea. Our airlines don't offer such policies, you just lose your money if you cancel, I so didn't know about that.

We changed our after the cruise plans. We are no longer going to rent a car and drive to Seattle. We are going to take the train, which means I will get to see more with out scaring my DW. It does mean we have one day in San Diego, without a car. We will be staying at the La Quinta at Old Town. Does anyone know the area well enough to tell us what to do to enjoy our first time in San Diego, not Sea World, being we live close to Orlando. We have to be at the Downtown Amtrak station at 5AM Sunday, so no late night for us. Thanks

By the way getting a hotel room in San Diego for the 17th is not easy. Something must be going on. If you need a room you better start looking.pirate:

We changed our after the cruise plans. We are no longer going to rent a car and drive to Seattle. We are going to take the train, which means I will get to see more with out scaring my DW. It does mean we have one day in San Diego, without a car. We will be staying at the La Quinta at Old Town. Does anyone know the area well enough to tell us what to do to enjoy our first time in San Diego, not Sea World, being we live close to Orlando. We have to be at the Downtown Amtrak station at 5AM Sunday, so no late night for us. Thanks

By the way getting a hotel room in San Diego for the 17th is not easy. Something must be going on. If you need a room you better start looking.pirate:

I think SDSU graduation is that weekend so might attract a lot of families. Old Town is a short public transportation trolley ride away from the Gaslamp/downtown area and there's also a hop on/hop off trolley/bus tour that has a stop in Old Town and goes all over the place. Balboa Park is a nice place to spend a day with museums, the zoo, Science Center and tons of other stuff.

http://www.sandiego.org/articles/balboa-park/balboa-park-san-diego.aspx

Whoa! Thank you for the tip. I need to get booking!

Just paid off the cruise!! :yay: So excited to be Platinum and being able to start booking things next week! Now I just need to figure out what!!

For those of you who did the EBPC or WBPC last year with a stop in Columbia, did you guys do an excursion you'd recommend to others? The kids and I did the horse carriage ride booked through DCL. My kids were very uncomfortable with all the vendors being in their faces, not to be mention miserable in the heat. We may just stay on board here.

How about Key West? I've never been here but I do want to take a pic in front of the sign that says you are at the southernmost point of the US. Is that walkable for a 6 year old from the port?

I do not think the Southernmost Point in US is walkable from the pier, but it is a stop on the trolley tour.

I think Bobbi is right, I don't think you can walk to that Southern most point.

We love Key West. You can walk to the downtown area from the ship and from there walk to many interesting areas. Lots of shopping (interesting shopping) and restaurants. Also, I believe the the Hemingway House is walkable. Lots of kitties with extra toes.:yay:

We will stay on the ship in Columbia.

I have a question for those who have cruised both Wonder and Fantasy. We loved Palo on the Wonder. And we were not that crazy about it on Fantasy. Can anyone comment on this? Was it just 2 off meals on Fantasy? We want to book it early if it is like the old Palo on Wonder that we loved.

How about Key West? I've never been here but I do want to take a pic in front of the sign that says you are at the southernmost point of the US. Is that walkable for a 6 year old from the port?

The other times I have been to Key West aboard Disney with a 4/5 year old, not much is walkable. They berth at the Military base, you get a free trolley to town, and then you can start your walk.

We took cabs places (plentiful, and relatively cheap ~$5), and did the following:

Top 10 donut place in the US: Glazed Donuts

Butterfly Museum (good for 45-60 minutes), Print a coupon: Butterfly Museum and Nature Conservatory

SouthernMost point in the US: Southernmost Point

The last time we didn't get off the ship, and uncertain this time around.

You can also rent an electric car for about $80-$100 and zip around the streets, which might be fun if the family has never done that before. Could be an interesting way to get lunch, see some sights, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

We did walk to the Southernmost point from the ship once but I would think it would be a long way for little ones, particularly in the May heat.

This last May we did a tour with Dora(known as Dora the Explorer:)). You can have small buses. I think there were about 15 of us. She was excellent and does get great reviews on Tripadvisor etc. She was really good with the chldren on the tour. They meet you at the ship with the name of your organiser of the tour and you go from there. http://cartagenatour.com

However you do still get the vendors a each stop and yes they are a pain even though just trying to earn a living. They don't seem to realise hassling you puts you off from buying even more.

I am so glad we did the tour though as it is an interesting place. But we won't get off the ship this time as we saw most of what there was to see back in May and I certainly wouldn't want to just walk around on my own.

As the Group ELP :charac2: would say. Welcome home my friends to the show that never ends, Welcome home, welcome home. I hope everyone has had a very blessed Christmas holiday and will have a very prosperous New Year's party:. All is well in the Kingdom and the dragon:chewy: is sleeping for now. Will post later and to all he newbies "HELLO" :welcome: and to all others "carry on":thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter