• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I'll do the mixology with the sugary sweet substituted with my liquid Stevia that I just bought for our Dec cruise.

I'm not a fan of martinis. I do enjoy Tequila though!

We have the drink plan on our cruise next month and I upped it to the Premium drink plan. Should be interesting!

I say do them
ALL. That's right I said it.! Do them All.party::rainbow::rockband::cheer2::woohoo::worship::stir:

Tastings are like chips, you cannot have just one.. gotta do them all.

I'm not a fan of martinis. I do enjoy Tequila though!

When you say Martinis are you talking Vodka, Gin, Rum, or Tequila Martinis? They do them all at the tastings..

I do plan on doing them all and at least once (it is a 15nt cruise). :woohoo: :faint:

Hi all, glad to see everyone's plans are coming together. We've had our flights booked for awhile. Having huge problems with WBTA tho. Nothing major, but lots of snags - hotel still not in open window for booking, miles are double what we "paid" on EBTA, DH doesn't know if he can do DC afterwards with us, etc. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Bobbi, you will love GCV!!! Direct entry to CA, so you can ride GRR, get soaked, and just go straight up to your room, no prob. I like WOC. You should get the dining package thing so you have preferred seating. We have done Ariel's and WCT. I like Ariel's better by far. I think the new restaurants are also available now. Be sure to go on the DLR boards for tips. We used "wide right" for Cars Land and got on in the top 10 riders. Not sure if it still is suggested tho.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have saved this into my future planning folder...thank you!

Is there a Fish Extender list going? We would like to sign our family up....it's myself, my DH and our DD (9). Can't wait for the trip!

Tastings are like chips, you cannot have just one.. gotta do them all.

When you say Martinis are you talking Vodka, Gin, Rum, or Tequila Martinis? They do them all at the tastings..

I do plan on doing them all and at least once (it is a 15nt cruise). :woohoo: :faint:
I once did a martini flight, 8 different martinis. Most the clear type plus an appletini and a chocolatini. The only one that tasted good was the chocolatini, heart attack in a glass! I guess I just don't like the strong ones.

Oh My! Tequila, Vodka And Rum~~~~~[while clicking my martini glass 3 times.] There's no taste like some , there's no taste like some.:rotfl2: those darn flying monkeys again..party:

So if anyone wanted to do a group private tasting, what would you choose?

Tequila, mixology, martini, something else?

The tequila one is all Patron, with two margaritas and some of the coffee liquor they make. Mixology is a bunch of yummy sugared-up stuff and you usually get to make at least one yourself. Martini was delicious with one traditional and several other vodka/fruity types.

I've done all three of those (not private though) and had a blast. Any preferences?

Has anyone else done a private one? Do you get to make suggestions or is it the same as the public offerings?

Like Jrp said, let's do them ALL! I especially like the martini one.

I love love LOVE the martini tasting! I can't commit at the moment, as I am having to start some medication that prohibits alcohol. Talk about a rip off! But for anyone that hasn't done it, it is definitely worth it (and a good deal IMO)!

The tequila one is all Patron, with two margaritas and some of the coffee liquor they make. Mixology is a bunch of yummy sugared-up stuff and you usually get to make at least one yourself. Martini was delicious with one traditional and several other vodka/fruity types.

I've done all three of those (not private though) and had a blast. Any preferences?

Has anyone else done a private one? Do you get to make suggestions or is it the same as the public offerings?

ALL of them for us as well! The private mixology classes in May were full of syrupy sweet drinks, but still fun. We were unable to offer suggestions at either class, but they were reasonably priced.

Is there a Fish Extender list going? We would like to sign our family up....it's myself, my DH and our DD (9). Can't wait for the trip!

Please PM real names, cabin #, and daughter's age. We have a little FE group so far, I expect that to change as we get closer to sail date:) Thanks!

Bano and I are interested in both Tequila and Mixology.pirate:

DH & I would like to go to the tequila tasting. Is there an official sign up?

DH & I would like to go to the tequila tasting. Is there an official sign up?

There isn't yet. I need to call and see how to set it up. Just getting a sense for which people want, which seems to be 'all of the above'. :)

I'll keep the first page of the thread updated when I start figuring out costs and if there's a minimum attendance or deadlines or whatever.

About ready to buy our airline tickets! :cool1:

There isn't yet. I need to call and see how to set it up. Just getting a sense for which people want, which seems to be 'all of the above'. :)

I'll keep the first page of the thread updated when I start figuring out costs and if there's a minimum attendance or deadlines or whatever.

Thanks!

Hope you get a good price on your tickets!

I would also be interested in the tequila tasting. Always wine and the mixology if we need to get an idea of how many. Thanks :goodvibes

Hi PirateBob. I'm sorry I didn't respond yesterday, but thank you for the reminder.

And thank you to our service men and women who have served so selflessly.

Hello everyone. Real close to booking this but have one reservation. Kids missing so much school. Ages are 16, 14, and 12. Now usually each year we take them out about a week because we can get great FL rates on off season. With this being almost 2 and a half we are a little apprehensive.

So, anyone with children in this age range going? Maybe done it in the past? Any opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks.:)

Hey everyone. Well now that our vacation bid results are out, I will defiantly be in this cruise. I hit the two weeks I needed. Let the relaxation begin.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter