• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Hide-ho neighbors!:cool1: Just wanted to stick the old head in and say hi to everyone. Fix in to get the tickets from SW from Dallas to FL and SD back. Oh well its just money right?. Thinking about the time on board the Magic makes up for it though. Hope everyone is having a Boofull good time and you don't try too frightfully get over the little ones this year.:joker:aaaaarrrrggggghhhhpirate:

aaaaarrrrggggghhhh jrp

We always have tons of little ghosts and goblins at our house. Looking forward to seeing them this year!
But you remind me, I need to book our flight home!

I'm glad to see people's flight plans coming along! We are lucky. We were able to use miles for our tickets back to DAY!

After I got home, I noticed that my entire calendar was missing and Phone list was messed up. I didn't do anything different with my phone except add and utilize the Fantasy app. However, I'm not tech savvy. I haven't seen any other comments on the dis board, so I hope it's just me.

Jen:moped:

After I got home, I noticed that my entire calendar was missing and Phone list was messed up. I didn't do anything different with my phone except add and utilize the Fantasy app. However, I'm not tech savvy. I haven't seen any other comments on the dis board, so I hope it's just me.

Jen:moped:

I am not tech savvy, but I had no trouble.pirate:

I just read that DCL just added life guards to their ships.pirate:
I do not believe this is new. I have seen lifeguards at the pools before. Now maybe they work longer hours but I know I have seen them at the Mickey and Goofy pools.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I do not believe this is new. I have seen lifeguards at the pools before. Now maybe they work longer hours but I know I have seen them at the Mickey and Goofy pools.

I only saw them at the slides and Aquadunk but not at the pools. But I don't have kids, so we are in the adult pools. But please remember, because I once was a life guard, parents eyes are the best. I read this on Cruise Critic as a news release.

I only saw them at the slides and Aquadunk but not at the pools. But I don't have kids, so we are in the adult pools. But please remember, because I once was a life guard, parents eyes are the best. I read this on Cruise Critic as a news release.
I know for a fact I saw them at the Goofy pool last year. Maybe this if for the Dream and Fantasy. I really did not pay attention there cause I too exclusively use the adult pool.

Lifeguards at all the pools during DVC Member Cruise on the Dream in Sept/Oct 2013... They didn't have a lot to do as there weren't many on that cruise.

Lifeguards at all the pools during DVC Member Cruise on the Dream in Sept/Oct 2013... They didn't have a lot to do as there weren't many on that cruise.

(10:32 a.m. EDT) -- Disney Cruise Line quietly became the first major cruise line to have lifeguards onboard its ships in late September when it began stationing them at its family pools on Disney Dream and Disney Magic. Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder will get lifeguards by mid-November.

The lifeguards are always on duty, so long as the family pool is open. The pool is closed at night, and sometimes closed during bad weather or special events.

Disney said it regularly evaluates onboard practices and makes changes when necessary. Like at most hotels and resort, cruise ships do not employ lifeguards at their pools.

The move comes six months after a four-year-old boy nearly drowned just hours after getting on Disney Fantasy. Two weeks ago a six-year-old boy drowned onboard a Carnival cruise ship.

This is why I posted this.

(10:32 a.m. EDT) -- Disney Cruise Line quietly became the first major cruise line to have lifeguards onboard its ships in late September when it began stationing them at its family pools on Disney Dream and Disney Magic. Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder will get lifeguards by mid-November.

The lifeguards are always on duty, so long as the family pool is open. The pool is closed at night, and sometimes closed during bad weather or special events.

Disney said it regularly evaluates onboard practices and makes changes when necessary. Like at most hotels and resort, cruise ships do not employ lifeguards at their pools.

The move comes six months after a four-year-old boy nearly drowned just hours after getting on Disney Fantasy. Two weeks ago a six-year-old boy drowned onboard a Carnival cruise ship.

This is why I posted this.

:thumbsup2 Thank you!:goodvibes

Hi all, glad to see everyone's plans are coming together. We've had our flights booked for awhile. Having huge problems with WBTA tho. Nothing major, but lots of snags - hotel still not in open window for booking, miles are double what we "paid" on EBTA, DH doesn't know if he can do DC afterwards with us, etc. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Bobbi, you will love GCV!!! Direct entry to CA, so you can ride GRR, get soaked, and just go straight up to your room, no prob. I like WOC. You should get the dining package thing so you have preferred seating. We have done Ariel's and WCT. I like Ariel's better by far. I think the new restaurants are also available now. Be sure to go on the DLR boards for tips. We used "wide right" for Cars Land and got on in the top 10 riders. Not sure if it still is suggested tho.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Everyone:lmao::cool1:Well We got our flights booked on SWA and decided to come directly back from SD instead of staying, as the 17th was booked out at the Coronado, and it would have cost an arm and a leg to drive back to Dallas. Not to mention being tired after our vacation on the WBPC cruise.:rotfl2: Not too hip about SD anyway and we hope we don't a fend anyone who may live there. Well can't wait to get on board and book all the tastings. :banana:Everyone have a great day and of course this is from my PC.:dancer:

Ooooh, the tastings! On our last cruise on DCL I neglected to make reservations for them and subsequently went to none!

I want to try the mixology classes. I heard they are great.

Sent from my lame droid tablet.

I did just the chocolate and beverage tasting onboard the Wonder in August and it was fabulous! The chocolate they used was so tasty. It's a little on the pricier side at $30 a person but I thought it was worth it and I'll definitely be doing it again on this cruise!

So if anyone wanted to do a group private tasting, what would you choose?

Tequila, mixology, martini, something else?

The tequila one is all Patron, with two margaritas and some of the coffee liquor they make. Mixology is a bunch of yummy sugared-up stuff and you usually get to make at least one yourself. Martini was delicious with one traditional and several other vodka/fruity types.

I've done all three of those (not private though) and had a blast. Any preferences?

Has anyone else done a private one? Do you get to make suggestions or is it the same as the public offerings?

So if anyone wanted to do a group private tasting, what would you choose?

Tequila, mixology, martini, something else?

The tequila one is all Patron, with two margaritas and some of the coffee liquor they make. Mixology is a bunch of yummy sugared-up stuff and you usually get to make at least one yourself. Martini was delicious with one traditional and several other vodka/fruity types.

I've done all three of those (not private though) and had a blast. Any preferences?

Has anyone else done a private one? Do you get to make suggestions or is it the same as the public offerings?

I say do them
ALL. That's right I said it.! Do them All.party::rainbow::rockband::cheer2::woohoo::worship::stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter