• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I appreciate your realism:thumbsup2

There is a flaw in my "day of" flight plan - little or no time to stop for wine & whisky to bring onboard.

Since the Wonder goes in for a short drydock in January, do we expect any improvements/refreshments for our WBPC? 10-14 days isn't enough time to do much?

No, the Dry dock was to fix the generator that blew during an Alaskan cruise.. no re-imagined upgrades..

No, the Dry dock was to fix the generator that blew during an Alaskan cruise.. no re-imagined upgrades..

From what I read today DCL has cancelled 2 of the Jan. cruises so far. DCL has also cancelled the Oct. 20 - 5 day on the Magic due to delays caused by weather.

My wife Bano and I, Bob, will be joining you all for this cruise. we are looking forward to meeting you all. We are just starting to read everything. We would love to join the FE. We will look at everything you are doing.

My wife Bano and I, Bob, will be joining you all for this cruise. we are looking forward to meeting you all. We are just starting to read everything. We would love to join the FE. We will look at everything you are doing.
Welcome aboard guys.:dance3: Looks like we are in the same age range by looking at the pics and may I say what a great looking couple.:grouphug: Hope everyone has a great day and carry on.:firefight

Welcome aboard guys.:dance3: Looks like we are in the same age range by looking at the pics and may I say what a great looking couple.:grouphug: Hope everyone has a great day and carry on.:firefight

I will be turning 70 right after the cruise, so this is my celebration cruise. We are both retired Disney cast members. Bano did 21 years in the Reservation center. I did 20 in the MK the last 11 in the Pirate gift shop, where I was known as Pirate Bob.

I will be turning 70 right after the cruise, so this is my celebration cruise. We are both retired Disney cast members. Bano did 21 years in the Reservation center. I did 20 in the MK the last 11 in the Pirate gift shop, where I was known as Pirate Bob.

Welcome Pirate Bob and Bano!

Jennifer :moped: and Dennis

We disembarked this morning from the Fantasy.
I could not load the app, so a nice young lady at guest services loaded it.
It was fun to use even though I referred to the paper navigator often. I had to turn my phone off and on every morning for it it work (weird). I don't think that this will be able to replace the paper navigator for a multitude of reasons but tech savvy folks will probably like it.

On another note, the Magic was in port directly across from the Fantasy. It had 2 cranes working on her along with a multitude of people. The cruise for tomorrow was canceled because she's not ready for guests. However, she looks beautiful. The aquadunk looks like a lot of fun!

Jen:moped:

Welcome! We're both in out late 60's. Celebrating our 46th anniversary just after this cruise.:goodvibes

Welcome! We're both in out late 60's. Celebrating our 46th anniversary just after this cruise.:goodvibes

Our 47th is this next month. Being we live in the Orlando area, we will rent a car and drive down on the first. The last time we cruise out of Miami we stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport. I can drop the car at the airport and they will pick me up. They also have free transportation to the port. We will eat dinner at the airport or before we drop of the car because the Bennigan's is the worst restaurant in the world. They did have a good breakfast at the hotel.

We're planning to drive to Miami from VB. We'll be dropping off the rental car and Alamo will drive us to the port.

I've asked this before, and will keep asking, :). If anyone is interested in a Candy Exchange, just PM me. I know it's early, I have a Christmas tree exchange that I'm working on, then there will be a Pet Stocking exchange, see the exchange board if interested, and THEN I'll devote more time to this Candy Exchange!

Bobbi:goodvibes

It is good to get caught back up on this thread...We just finished 7 nights on the Wonder and I don't know how I am going to last until May for our next cruise! It will be nice to be back onboard after meeting so many friendly cast and crew members.

So glad we were able to book with the 20% OBB discount when we were onboard in May, as it was not available this time around. The CM said the promotion did the trick and started to fill up the ship.

It was the first time that we did the FE group, and we just loved it. Our boys really liked running back to the room to see if they had any special surprises. They were so appreciative of even the smallest tokens. Some people gave pins so now they just loved getting a lanyard and trading pins with others!

Let me ask this group here, what are some of your favorite FE gifts to receive? With two young kids, I am much better at giving gifts geared towards the young set, so would appreciate tips on FE gifts for adults. Thanks!

Hello to all... I just booked this after months of debating. Glad to join you all, it's myself, my partner, and our two little girls (ages 4 and 3).

Looking forward to learning about this cruise from some experts!

Hello to all... I just booked this after months of debating. Glad to join you all, it's myself, my partner, and our two little girls (ages 4 and 3).

Welcome!:welcome:

Bano and I would like to know who to contact for the FE. Also I read something about a meet and greet, we would like to know where and when. At our age a candy exchange is a bad idea, and we do not do PJ parties, but if there is anything else let us know. Has anyone ever thought of a Pirate Princess Luncheon? It would give us an excuse to play dress up on more day.pirate:princess:

It is good to get caught back up on this thread...We just finished 7 nights on the Wonder and I don't know how I am going to last until May for our next cruise! It will be nice to be back onboard after meeting so many friendly cast and crew members.

So glad we were able to book with the 20% OBB discount when we were onboard in May, as it was not available this time around. The CM said the promotion did the trick and started to fill up the ship.

It was the first time that we did the FE group, and we just loved it. Our boys really liked running back to the room to see if they had any special surprises. They were so appreciative of even the smallest tokens. Some people gave pins so now they just loved getting a lanyard and trading pins with others!

Let me ask this group here, what are some of your favorite FE gifts to receive? With two young kids, I am much better at giving gifts geared towards the young set, so would appreciate tips on FE gifts for adults. Thanks!

My kids get so excited about the FE's too! We usually give a little goodie bag with stuff from our home state of NJ and kind of customize with a small gift inside for adults, older kids and little ones. We've made necklaces, had custom things printed, made pirate theme goodie bags, given disney activity books, Disney tshirts made for coloring in with fabric markers + markers. Some people make beautiful things. I enjoy getting the little bottles of booze! Unique things from your home state/country are fun.

We get enough candy from the FE, so we don't subject ourselves to more sweets in the candy exchange. I've participated in recipe exchanges and those are neat.

Can't wait!

pirate:welcome, bob & bano!pirate:

:cheer2:welcome, jitensha & family!:cheer2:

On another note, the Magic was in port directly across from the Fantasy. It had 2 cranes working on her along with a multitude of people. The cruise for tomorrow was canceled because she's not ready for guests. However, she looks beautiful. The aquadunk looks like a lot of fun!

i feel badly for those guests:sad2: my kids would be so mad:mad:

my kids loved it when the ya staff 'remembered' them on their next cruise! i think we'll stick with the wonder just for the crew! the fe exchange is a great example of dis-ers thought and generosity, people are very creative!

pixiedust:we miss living an hour from disneyland...can't wait 'til maypixiedust:

Hi all. Well just back from 10 nights at WDW with a 4 night on the Dream. I must say I was not a fan as a whole of the Dream. Yes some things I liked like the enchanted art and the Aquaduck but it's just way too big, well maybe for a 4 night cruise. I was wanting to get off the Dream just a few hours after boarding and find the Wonder. I think one of the problems is the ship felt more like a hotel and not a ship. Also a first in now 13 cruises happened. I was at lunch in Royal Palace in Nassau because I wanted Meatloaf. Well that's all that was on the menu I wanted. So I decided to ask for a Caesar Salad. The server came back and said they were not set up for Caesar Salads. I just said OK wasn't that big of a deal. Still in the back of my mind I was wondering would I have been able to get a Caesar if I was ordering it off the room service menu, would they have said no there too since it is on the menu. Anyway. I can't wait to get back on the Wonder.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hi all. Well just back from 10 nights at WDW with a 4 night on the Dream. I must say I was not a fan as a whole of the Dream. Yes some things I liked like the enchanted art and the Aquaduck but it's just way too big, well maybe for a 4 night cruise. I was wanting to get off the Dream just a few hours after boarding and find the Wonder. I think one of the problems is the ship felt more like a hotel and not a ship. Also a first in now 13 cruises happened. I was at lunch in Royal Palace in Nassau because I wanted Meatloaf. Well that's all that was on the menu I wanted. So I decided to ask for a Caesar Salad. The server came back and said they were not set up for Caesar Salads. I just said OK wasn't that big of a deal. Still in the back of my mind I was wondering would I have been able to get a Caesar if I was ordering it off the room service menu, would they have said no there too since it is on the menu. Anyway. I can't wait to get back on the Wonder.

We were on the Fantasy last month and our group wanted to have breakfast at the Royal Court everyday. My wife and I don't like hash brown patties so we asked for home fries with onion and peppers. They didn't have it on the menu but they went up stairs to the Cabanas to get them for us. 2 different servers did it for us, because we did it twice.pirate:

My server said the chef in the galley was not prepared to make the salad. It was just weird. On a bright note we did get 50 points at Grand Floridan. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter