May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

I can't remember if I posted this here...

I was just going through my files from last year and wondered if anyone would be interested in a recipe exchange. Something from your area, passed down through your family, etc. If so let me know I'd be happy to coordinate that.

I can't remember if I posted this here...

I was just going through my files from last year and wondered if anyone would be interested in a recipe exchange. Something from your area, passed down through your family, etc. If so let me know I'd be happy to coordinate that.

I have a New England recipe (dessert) that I would be happy to share!

Hm, that sounds interesting. But I am more of a runner than a walker - at least for exercise. :goodvibes

But all those different cruise line activities is what I am looking most forward to. All those sea days to be filled with fun stuff to do. I am especially counting on catching up on seeing lots of films. It is so difficult to get to see American movies in the original (not dubbed) version here, so I have not seen any Disney films since November and count on being able to see them on the ship! :thumbsup2

I had forgotten about the dubbed films. I have been in the UK so long now that this is just a distant memory.

Corinna

My fingers are crossed to be able to see on the big screen:

Casablanca
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bridge on the River Kwai
On the Waterfront
12 Angry Men (doubtful, I know)

OK, I'll stop now......

DH and I were wondering if they might show "Maleficent" a few days early on the ship. That would be awesome!

Can't wait to watch Little Mermaid on funnel vision! She's my favorite Princess!! :)

We like doing the Walk A Mile with the cruise staff and on the Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise last year, they offered this twice: once in the morning at around 9:00 and then again mid afternoon.

Corinna

That Sounds Like Fun - Is That An Everyday Thing Or Just Here And There Thing??? I Like To Walk, Just Not Sure How To Figure My Miles On The Ship.

Tic toc tic toc... Only a few more days left to sign up for the Open Bar event.

My fingers are crossed to be able to see on the big screen:
Casablanca
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bridge on the River Kwai
On the Waterfront
12 Angry Men (doubtful, I know)
OK, I'll stop now......

Is it likely these movies would be playing? On our past cruises it was all recent releases.

I❤MICKEY;51032594 said:
Tic toc tic toc... Only a few more days left to sign up for the Open Bar event.

Is it likely these movies would be playing? On our past cruises it was all recent releases.

I had heard that they do play some of the old classics (on the PC and TA cruises).
Fingers crossed!

Candy Exchange for WBPC

beagle fan
Mama2Hope
JenDen
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz
AuntP
Graysm
BadKitty1985
beccafish3kids
GoinPlaces63

The walking deck on 4 is three laps per mile around. There are helpful directions and signs to show which way to walk and remind you of the distance.

Haha, my husband would debate that with you. We always walk the anti-clockwise way they direct you, but I always want to tell walkers coming the other way to turn round;). John says it only says 'jogging direction' not 'walking direction' and thinks actually walkers going the other way would make things easier for the joggers.:headache::rotfl2: I walk the same anti-clockwise direction on other ships where they don't have a jogging direction sign and strangely most other folk do too.

DH and I were wondering if they might show "Maleficent" a few days early on the ship. That would be awesome! Can't wait to watch Little Mermaid on funnel vision! She's my favorite Princess!! :)
Probably not and that's fine by me. I am anti this movie because she does not have a green face. This bugs me to no end. I think we can count in Saving Mr. Banks, Frozen, Muppets Most Wanted. Maybe Captain America and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The last two no interest either as the only comic books characters I like are Superman and Batman. I do remember last year I believe, maybe it was Hawaii I don't remember, but they showed classic movies in the Buena Vista theater. I ran to see Goldfinger because I am a James Bond nut and I am to young to ever have had the chance to see that on the big screen. So maybe they will do that again. They did it by setting up a DVD projector. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I did not get an email. I think I would probably be in group 3 if I was put in a group... Thanks...

Fish Extender Update:

Groups 1, 2, and 3 are closed.

Group 4 is still open, but will be closing FRIDAY, MARCH 28. I want to make sure everyone has time to create/plan gifts.

If people want to participate after the March 28 cut off, I will collate them all into a group, depending on the number of people. That "straggler" group will be cut off about 2 weeks before we set sail - after that, I don't think it is fair to add more people.

Anyone signing up between now and March 28 will be put into group 4, so it may end up slightly larger than 20 rooms.

As always, please email or hit me up on Facebook if you have further questions. If you signed up for Groups 1-3 and have NOT received an email with the list, please let me know.

Thank you!

I ran to see Goldfinger because I am a James Bond nut and I am to young to ever have had the chance to see that on the big screen. So maybe they will do that again. They did it by setting up a DVD projector. Great idea.

So, how was the quality of the projection? Was it a realy movie theater like experience? Somehow DVD projector sounds more like watching a film at home...

I did not get an email. I think I would probably be in group 3 if I was put in a group... Thanks...

Group 3 closed in february. I didn't see you on our list. If you signed up in March you will be in group 4 and Sara will send out a list after March 28.

That Sounds Like Fun - Is That An Everyday Thing Or Just Here And There Thing??? I Like To Walk, Just Not Sure How To Figure My Miles On The Ship.

I think somebody has already answered your question about the distance. On all the longer cruises that I have done, they offered this on every sea day in the morning. When I looked at the Navigators for the Eastbound crossing last year, they had a second session in the afternoon, too.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter