May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Does anyone know where the Navigators for the WBPC May 2013 might be posted??

Thanks

I have just skim read and looked at the photos on the trip report. We were on that cruise too so it was a grab reminder.

For Alan, we also had a very agitated CM stop us going up to Studio Sea after boarding and try to drag us down to Sessions(or whatever that is on the Wonder). Poor guy had been told to catch those with Gold key cards(Concierge) and take them to the Concierge lounge, but he got muddled and was trying to take Gold lanyard people there. We did not know his mistake and however much tried to not go he kept saying yes, you must. In the end we decided it must be something new so we and our friends followed him, and as soon as we got there we knew we were not the ones he was supposed to have been looking for. Even though it wasn't our fault we felt very silly:blush: with all the Concierge guests looking on. I bet they thought it was us trying it on to get into the Concierge lounge:lmao:.

I know there was some misunderstanding early on in the trip report so thought you might like to know.

Hey everyone! We will be joining you all! We haven't pulled the trigger quite yet and still hoping they come out with some military discounts as we get closer but I'm pretty sure we'll still go without the discounts :goodvibes

It will just be me (Curtis, 40) and Lucas (28). This will be my 4th DCL cruise and his 3rd.

Very excited! :yay:

Like Ganmaz said. Boarding was very annoying with the CM's practically forcing you down to deck 3. Since we were there for the very start of boarding, we decided that we wanted to see about some dinning stuff then go to PC for lunch. Boy getting to Studio Sea, that's where they has dinning changes and inquiries, was quite the ordeal. It got to the point were I firmly said that I am going to studio sea, I am not going to go down one deck to go right back behind you with my bag and I just went right buy. I hate doing that, but it was rather ridiculous. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Welcome to Curtis and Lucas!

Thanks!!

Not sure how accurate it is, but my TA called DCL tonight and said that there were only 11 CAT 5s and 34 CAT 4s "available to sell" and that they had been getting a lot of calls about the cruise. We told her to go ahead and put down a deposit so we wouldn't lose the chance on a veranda! Now we're booked! Woohoo!

Thanks!! Not sure how accurate it is, but my TA called DCL tonight and said that there were only 11 CAT 5s and 34 CAT 4s "available to sell" and that they had been getting a lot of calls about the cruise. We told her to go ahead and put down a deposit so we wouldn't lose the chance on a veranda! Now we're booked! Woohoo!

Your TA is very wrong. As of now there are 11B, 11A, 10C, 10B, 10A, 9D, 9C, 9B, 9A, 7A, 5B, 5A, 4E, 4B, 4A, and a 1bedroom suite.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Your TA is very wrong. As of now there are 11B, 11A, 10C, 10B, 10A, 9D, 9C, 9B, 9A, 7A, 5B, 5A, 4E, 4B, 4A, and a 1bedroom suite.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Yeah, she was very skeptical about what DCL told her too. We both agreed that it sounded like a used car salesman tactic. I'll hopefully be able to rebook the cruise on our next cruise in January or rebook at a military discount :)

Oh...and I think she only gave my the veranda state room availability since that what I asked for. Sorry for the confusion!

Hey everyone! We will be joining you all! We haven't pulled the trigger quite yet and still hoping they come out with some military discounts as we get closer but I'm pretty sure we'll still go without the discounts :goodvibes

It will just be me (Curtis, 40) and Lucas (28). This will be my 4th DCL cruise and his 3rd.

Very excited! :yay:

Welcome. You will have a fabulous time:thumbsup2.

We are nearing the 7 month mark. I can't decide if we will do 2 nights at Vero Beach before the cruise and drive to Miami from there, or stay at WDW until Thursday & spend the night near the port of Miami. It's F&G time at WDW, but we will be getting to WDW on Saturday, so there's plenty of time for us to enjoy the displays.

Is anyone planning to be in VB before this cruise?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Afterwards....we now think we will do 1 night near Joshua Tree NP, then 1 night in Death Valley NP, then 2 nights at DL. Any comments about that? I just realized that Death Valley is about a 5 hour drive from Joshua Tree. Death Valley NP has always intrigued me, DH is agreeable, and I can book a cabin in the park for the 1 night.

Hi Bobbi

We always drive to FL ports, but more than likely we will be flying to Miami the day of the cruise. There is a non stop that leaves at crack:thirty (arrives at MIA at 8:30 am). So no vero for us. 2nd choice will be to arrive the night before and probably stay in Miami. Are you driving?

I forgot to mention that I drove through Death Valley a long time ago. Very interesting.

Hi Bobbi

We always drive to FL ports, but more than likely we will be flying to Miami the day of the cruise. There is a non stop that leaves at crack:thirty (arrives at MIA at 8:30 am). So no vero for us. 2nd choice will be to arrive the night before and probably stay in Miami. Are you driving?

I forgot to mention that I drove through Death Valley a long time ago. Very interesting.

Because we will be flying home to Dayton, we will not be driving to the port. We will visit Florida family and WDW for the F&G time before the cruise.

Yes, that's what we want to do, some driving around Death Valley. I thought it would mean a special trip, to Vegas, and then going to DVNP, that's what we did for some of the others, Bryce, GC and others, but if we're going to be so close, I figure why not.

Thanks.

I still haven't been to Death Valley, just hasn't worked out yet when we have time and it's not hot as Hades. In May it should be between 95 and 115, that's still pretty hot to me, but I guess that's part of the atmosphere :)

Joshua Tree is only about 2 hours from us and we've been camping there several times. Beautiful and not quite as hot as Death Valley.

I still haven't been to Death Valley, just hasn't worked out yet when we have time and it's not hot as Hades. In May it should be between 95 and 115, that's still pretty hot to me, but I guess that's part of the atmosphere :)

Joshua Tree is only about 2 hours from us and we've been camping there several times. Beautiful and not quite as hot as Death Valley.

Yes it will be hot!

We did that back in about 1996. Very strange place. We walked out onto the salt thingies at that place you can do that and boy was it scorching. So glad we have been, don't need to do it again;). We did what we call the grand tour over 3 weeks from LA, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Morro Bay and back to LA. Plus there were a few other places like a national park I can't remember, up around Fresno. We really had sensory overload that trip. Of course the Grand Canyon was the most amazing and we have since been back there another twice, spending a couple of nights at the hotel on the edge last time.

You all have some wonderful places to visit in your own country.

We did that back in about 1996. Very strange place. We walked out onto the salt thingies at that place you can do that and boy was it scorching. So glad we have been, don't need to do it again;). We did what we call the grand tour over 3 weeks from LA, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite, San Francisco, Morro Bay and back to LA. Plus there were a few other places like a national park I can't remember, up around Fresno. We really had sensory overload that trip. Of course the Grand Canyon was the most amazing and we have since been back there another twice, spending a couple of nights at the hotel on the edge last time.

You all have some wonderful places to visit in your own country.

Thank you! We do have some wonderful places here.:goodvibes

We did a similar, but shortened tour like yours. We started at San Francisco, drove down the coast to LA and visited Disneyland.
Then to Vegas (yuck, been there, done that!) and then through Death Vally. It is a strange place indeed. Eerie hot, quiet. Walked the salt things too! Then north to Yosemite National Park (which was my highlight) and back to San Francisco.

I am embarrassed to admit this, but when we did this grand tour I did not realize how close to the Grand Canyon we were.
Hindsight being 20/20 and all, we should have gone there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter