May 18, 2016: Wonder 5 night - San Diego to Vancouver

Does anyone know where I could see old Navigators from this cruise in the past? I want to know if there is going to be a formal night or anything else special.

edit NVM I found them 2014 http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ht-san-diego-vancouver-cruise-may-19-23-2014/ then it looks like they added a pirate night on the 2015 one http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...o-vancouver-cruise-disney-wonder-may-20-2015/

I'm hoping we will be as lucky as the last two years and All Aboard will be later than what is officially posted for San Francisco at 9:45 pm. The 2014 & 2015 Navigators show All Aboard at 2:00 am and 2:45 am, respectively! That would be great!!

It appears there is no Fish Extender group here on DISboards. There may be Fish Extender groups on other social media sites, but they are separate.

For those interested in starting one here, I've written a little informative post:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often people will post on their cruise meet thread as soon as they book a cruise and say "I want to participate" and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

OK, now that you have all met up on your Cruise Meet thread, and some people who have expressed an interest in participating in a Fish Extender exchange, it's up to one of you to be the contact point.

One note of importance, for those who wish to converse with each other (what Private Messaging is called here) you must have 10 posts to do so.
So, I see there are quite a few people interested in the Fish Extenders, but I am still lost as to how to Join a group. Please help, I will still look, but would appreciate any help....

So, I see there are quite a few people interested in the Fish Extenders, but I am still lost as to how to Join a group. Please help, I will still look, but would appreciate any help....
Unless someone says they will handle the list, there isn't a FE group here on DISboards that I can find. Hopefully someone will step up and start a group. Otherwise, maybe you could just make contact with a couple of the others who are interested and set up a little group for yourselves.

Does anyone know where I could see old Navigators from this cruise in the past? I want to know if there is going to be a formal night or anything else special.
/

Have not been on a shorter cruise in a very long time so not sure if, but back then then was more of a "semi formal" dress up evening instead of formal. On the Itinerary it shows Pirate pirate: Night the second day (first sea day) but no formal night shows up any night.

Have not been on a shorter cruise in a very long time so not sure if, but back then then was more of a "semi formal" dress up evening instead of formal. On the Itinerary it shows Pirate pirate: Night the second day (first sea day) but no formal night shows up any night.
No "Formal" or "Semi-Formal" nights on this cruise, only "Dress-up" night on Saturday, May 21 (day after San Francisco).

No "Formal" or "Semi-Formal" nights on this cruise, only "Dress-up" night on Saturday, May 21 (day after San Francisco).
I saw the "Dress-up" night also, but on the other DCL cruises we've been on we haven't had "dress-up" night. Does anyone know if this means dress up in costumes or dress up in "nicer clothes"?

It's nicer clothes, and I suspect it will be the evening they set up picture back-drops in atrium.

I received my documents yesterday. Looks like I need to get serious about planning my post-cruise Vancouver plans! We're spending a couple days there after having visited Vancouver last spring and loving it!

Also, I caught the news about the private mixology class @PhiSigKris. I sent you a PM in case you have room for two more!

OK, it looks like we have enough people for Mixology! Hooray!
Here's who I have down from Disboards:
Donna, Jessi, & Mike (I have your stateroom #)
Ed & Lisa
Mychele & Oscar Olvera
Please message me your stateroom # and last name, DCL requires this so they know who to charge. Once we hit the 30 day mark DCL will look at the ship's schedule and see where they can fit us in. They will let me know & I will let you guys know.
Thanks everyone!!!

Is there a fish extender group set-up? I didn't see one scrolling through, but this is our first Disney cruise, so maybe I'm missing something! If so, we'd love to join

We're interested in a fish extender group. Have you found one?

Is there a fish extender group set-up? I didn't see one scrolling through, but this is our first Disney cruise, so maybe I'm missing something! If so, we'd love to join

We're interested in a fish extender group. Have you found one?
As of March 23rd, there was no DISboards Fish Extender group set up. Unless someone steps up to handle the list, there won't be one here. There may be FE groups on other sites, but they are not DISboards connected, and links or search directions to those are not allowed.

For anyone interested - post #41 has suggestions for setting up a FE group here on DISboards.

I received my documents yesterday. Looks like I need to get serious about planning my post-cruise Vancouver plans! We're spending a couple days there after having visited Vancouver last spring and loving it!

Also, I caught the news about the private mixology class @PhiSigKris. I sent you a PM in case you have room for two more!
Just PM'd you back. Sorry! I hadn't been on here in a while!

@PhiSigKris I hope it's not too late. I just found this board. My husband and I would love to be apart of the mixology class. My name is Rupal and my husband is Ross. We are in room 7596. Thanks a lot for setting this up!

Edit:
Also I tried to PM you and i can't figure out how to...we will need to book some time at the nursery for our 21 mo son so I was wondering if you know what day/time the class will be held. Thanks!

Last edited:
@PhiSigKris I hope it's not too late. I just found this board. My husband and I would love to be apart of the mixology class. My name is Rupal and my husband is Ross. We are in room 7596. Thanks a lot for setting this up!

Edit:
Also I tried to PM you and i can't figure out how to...we will need to book some time at the nursery for our 21 mo son so I was wondering if you know what day/time the class will be held. Thanks!
I will need your last name also, please. I will email the DCL rep that is helping us. It shouldn't be a problem. It's scheduled for Thursday, May 19th, 2:00 pm in the Cadillac Lounge. Once I get your last name I'll send the email. Thanks!

I will need your last name also, please. I will email the DCL rep that is helping us. It shouldn't be a problem. It's scheduled for Thursday, May 19th, 2:00 pm in the Cadillac Lounge. Once I get your last name I'll send the email. Thanks!
Our last name is Clair. Can't wait, thanks again!

Well Good Day Jeff,

We have not posted here yet because we have been waiting for the Nurses contract negotiations to be sure we would not be cancelling in the event they did not settle. We also have main dining and would love to link if you and Susan are open to it. It is Donna, Jessi and I.

The 3 of us would also be interested in Mixology if there is a group.

Hi Mike,

I haven't been back to this thread in months and didn't receive a notification that there had been any activity. Are you still on the cruise? We've linked with a party of 3 adults that are also doing the Back to Back cruises. Would be happy to link up with your family as well if you'd like.

Greetings,

I have not seen a FE but that does not mean people are not interested. I don't do that other social media so i don't know what is happening but does not seem to be a lot of activity here.

Is anyone staying pre cruise in San Diego ? We are locked into a Hilton or Marriott property so we can use points, so Embassy Suites looks like our probable. Marriott looks like other possibility, both on Boardwalk but ES is closer to port a possible peddle taxi to ship.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn not too far from the port. Got a good rate through HHonors.

We are staying at Embassy Suites SD the night before the cruise and hoping to just walk to the cruise port on 5/18. It looks like there are tons of cabins left open on this cruise - it must not be very popular. Guesstimating they are around 50-60% capacity right now. Going to be weird being on such an empty ship. Maybe they will drop the prices dramatically to get more people on board.
Can't wait - we booked a car in SF to drive around - down to San Jose to see the Winchester Mystery House as well as the Computer History Museum - and the garage where Steve Jobs and Wozniak invented the modern computer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter