~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~

:sad1: I'm not even gonna start!!!!!! Tony has just given me a severe lecture on how one person cannot contaminate the whole of Florida so I am sticking with that! (Inside I am crying a little though!)

Sonya,

Don't worry at all. You're hubby is totally right!!! (You don't have to tell him I said so ;)) Things happen at Disney & all over the world for that matter all the time and never get press. It's just that this is the hot news item now, so everyone is jumping the gun. I honestly am not worried at all. Please, please don't be sad! We will see you soon & drink cocktails, while laughing at how silly we all were to worry. Cozumel or no Cozumel, we are still going to have a BLAST! :cool1:Now is a time that you should be SUPER EXCITED :cool1:! You're going to be on vacation & NOT AT WORK in just a few short days!!!!:hug:

Hi everyone! someone recently postedasking if anyone knew if you needed a passport for the cruise. My TA told us we did. Atleast she said that is what
the DC said. I do not know if she's wright. I can not remember who asked. I just do not want anyone left behind. :rolleyes:

BTW this whole swine flu is making me crazy!

I saw these posted after this news article came out:

So hopefully the original news article is just the media overreacting.

Florida is a yellow state possibile it can be contaminated but not confirmed.:scared1: Just watched Janet napolitano on Fox. Carnival cancelled 3 port visits. Hubby called disney they said there are no changes as of yet. The captain has not mentioned anything about NOT going to cozumel.:confused3 So that is that.

Can't remember what night is what? Anyone have a list?

When is pirate night? Formal night is Monday, right? Semi-formal - Thursday? What about the rest?

How do I upload a photo? I am pretty sure I have one of the who extended family somewhere on my computer. I have been checking in on the posts now and then, but I am so swamped at work and too busy in the evening to do so. We are all excited. Have not started to pack but have all the girls' clothes laid out in the spare bedroom...!

Thanks for asking. I am looking for the answer as well.
I'm not Minniemom but Jake (19) and Johnny (20) are planning on going to the college socials. They are a couple of goofballs, but great kids (I'm just a "little" biased :))! ~ Kathy

Will your boys go to any kind of social gathering? Do they go to college, belong to any frat, do any sports, etc? Just curious so I can tell Marty, DS, also 20. He is not a real talker, but gets involved.

Andy - Congratulations to the Ducks for making to the next round.:guilty:

We'll get over it sometime, but right now we are not happy campers...

Thank-you VERY much...Im proud! they tossed the number one seed! Were making it all the way!! Go Ducks go!

I wonder what disneys going to do about Mexicoo!!!:surfweb:

Oh me again! This is Tony's email address - he is far more likely to have his i-phone on him that me. If anything happens after Saturday morning about cancelling Mexico / new Ports announced would someone email and let me know please?!! I will check it whenever we are somewhere with wi-fi XX:goodvibes

tony.garland@gmail.com

Now on to important stuff - has anyone been drinking in England at Epcot? Tony needs to know if they have any cider in there!

Sonya ~ The Pub in the UK in Epcot has Strongbow which I LOVE and I am usually a foo-foo drink kind of person. I can't wait to hear about all of your WDW adventures :)! ~ Kathy

Hi Everyone!!!!

Ok, had a FANTASTIC day and can't wait to share but FIRST -- Yoni LOVES Strongbow, well basically any hard cider. They sell it here in Austin and we buy it all the time. In Finland, cider is as common as beer and they have so many different flavors it will make your head spin! I am thinking we meet for a cider for sure and love the idea of the 10pm Grand Marnier meet. I will be there for sure.

All day long I have been busting at the seams to share with you guys but can't (ok, well really shouldn't) get on DIS from the office.

What, you may ask? Did I win the lottery by chance? Did Yoni get chosen as this Year's Sexiest Man alive? Did my house suddenly clean itself up? Nahhh, nothing that exciting but for me, it was nothing short of a miracle! :wizard:

:cheer2:I bought a dress for Formal night!!!!:cheer2:

Ok, so what you might say, but here is the amazing part. First off, I am not a normal tiny little thing who can fit into any dress she finds at Macy's so for me to find a dress at all is a miracle but listen to this. I went to the store, tried on some dresses, nothing worked. Found a pair of dressy capris and paid for them. Was walking out the door when lo and behold, there is this nice flowy black dress on the dresses rack. I did a double take and the gal at the store said -- "oh, that just came in as a return!". So, looked at the size -- it was my size! Ok, I went to try it on -- it fit well and I am thinking, wow, gonna buy it. Looked at the price and immediately freaked out. It was $130 which for me is more than I spend on my clothes for a season (I am a bargain shopper). I talked myself into it and decided to go for it. I figured I could return it if I Yoni didn't like it. So, the gal rings it up -- it rings up at $6.96!!!!! NO LIE!!!!! She didn't believe it either and called the manager over. Manager verified. They were both in shock. Turns out, someone ordered this dress online, it was too small for them so they returned it today (while I was trying on other dresses). The original buyer bought it 2 weeks ago and paid almost full price. I walked out of there with my formal dress for $7.64 AFTER taxes :dance3: :dance3:

All day long I have been doing my happy dance. I still have to buy the (ok men, sorry for this) undergarments that will work since it is a halter top BUT still -- $7.64!!!! Woo Hoo! (by the way, Yoni loved it!)

So, now I am dressing up more formally for formal night. Oh, and yes, I did buy a lotto ticket on the way home. Will let you all know how that works out tomorrow!!!!

OK Mati... You and Amanda are just way too much for me... She has that kind of shoping luck too! Congratulations on your steal! Can't wait to see it. Have a great evening too. I am on hold waiting to find out where our fravel docs are?!?

Thanks for asking. I am looking for the answer as well.

Will your boys go to any kind of social gathering? Do they go to college, belong to any frat, do any sports, etc? Just curious so I can tell Marty, DS, also 20. He is not a real talker, but gets involved.

Jake and Johnny are VERY outgoing and a lot of fun :). I read about all the college social gatherings to Jake and he seemed interested in attending. They both are finishing up their Freshman year at Purdue University here in Lafayette (West Lafayette, technically). Jake is majoring in Physics and I think Johnny is still undecided. They are not frat kinda guys. They like to play basketball, so maybe the court on deck 10 can get some use :). ~ Kathy

Hi Everyone!!!!

Ok, so what you might say, but here is the amazing part. First off, I am not a normal tiny little thing who can fit into any dress she finds at Macy's so for me to find a dress at all is a miracle but listen to this. I went to the store, tried on some dresses, nothing worked. Found a pair of dressy capris and paid for them. Was walking out the door when lo and behold, there is this nice flowy black dress on the dresses rack. I did a double take and the gal at the store said -- "oh, that just came in as a return!". So, looked at the size -- it was my size! Ok, I went to try it on -- it fit well and I am thinking, wow, gonna buy it. Looked at the price and immediately freaked out. It was $130 which for me is more than I spend on my clothes for a season (I am a bargain shopper). I talked myself into it and decided to go for it. I figured I could return it if I Yoni didn't like it. So, the gal rings it up -- it rings up at $6.96!!!!! NO LIE!!!!! She didn't believe it either and called the manager over. Manager verified. They were both in shock. Turns out, someone ordered this dress online, it was too small for them so they returned it today (while I was trying on other dresses). The original buyer bought it 2 weeks ago and paid almost full price. I walked out of there with my formal dress for $7.64 AFTER taxes :dance3: :dance3:

All day long I have been doing my happy dance. I still have to buy the (ok men, sorry for this) undergarments that will work since it is a halter top BUT still -- $7.64!!!! Woo Hoo! (by the way, Yoni loved it!)

So, now I am dressing up more formally for formal night. Oh, and yes, I did buy a lotto ticket on the way home. Will let you all know how that works out tomorrow!!!!

Ok... I'm jealous! Here I am, all proud of getting my formal dress for only $44 the weekend before last and you come up with a super mega bargain that is $36 bucks cheaper! Congratulations on your super good deal! I'm certainly not easy to fit and I "tripped" on my dress as well as it was a size smaller than what I would normally wear and it fit great! (I figure it was too big for everyone of that size, which is why it had not sold...)

Long story warning...

On a personal happpy note, I did surgery on a lady last Wednesday who makes beaded jewelry (crystal, sterling, etc.) as a living since she's not able to work full-time because of her size and general health. She sells her goods at crafts fairs and motorcycle rallies. While in the hospital for surgery, she missed a rally and thus missed her income for that week (and maybe even the month). She put some of her items on display while in the hospital in hopes that some staff would buy them. I promised I'd buy something from her before I allowed her to go home.

Well, she took what I said I liked (I was struggling between two different ones...), took my size into account (which means she made the necklace a little longer to accomodate my fat neck), and made me one that perfectly matched what I wanted (without me even describing to her WHAT I wanted)! She also made me the earrings to match! I walked out spending $110 for 3 beaded with serling silver necklaces (one for formal night, one because I liked it and it matched my swimsuits and daily blue operating scrubs, and 1 for my mother who is wonderful to be my office receptionist for free), 2 pairs of earrings (formal for me and ones that matched my Mom's necklace), and a bracelet (for my Mom's set). I thought it was a steal, and it helped my patient out as well!

Sonya: Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to meet you and Tony. Don't worry about the flu, whatever will happen is going to happen regardless. Either way though...

:rockband:IT'S VACATION TIME FOR YOU IN JUST 3-4 DAYS!!!:rockband

Also, for those who asked... I mailed a 14x14x14 box to DCL that weighed 18.2 pounds last week. It contained everyone's FE except for Sonya's and one FE gift "item" that couldn't be mailed (edible stuff could not be included in the box). I'm praying it appears in our stateroom, otherwise you all are going to kill me... (The restrictions were 20 pounds and the size of a 12" file box. No food items allowed.) Since I couldn't find a suitable "file" box, I was hoping the 14" box would get by...

I was just informed!!! That We are going on another cruise!!! a 7 day eastern on Feb 27 2010. YAY:banana:

You lucky dog!!! Can i possibly squeeze into one of your suitcases?

We are celebrating 38 years tomorrow!!!:love::woohoo:
Happy Anniversary! :love:

she checked disney web site and was able to get us a 10:00 PALO brunch
You'll be dining with me and Jason, yeah!!! (You better hope you get your desserts before me or there might be nothing left, lol!

Lynsey - can you add the Vow renewal to the DIS navigator so we don't forget?
One step ahead, I've already got it down and listed for 5:30 so Belinda is anything changes be sure to let us know!!!

Mati- Way to go on such an awesome deal on the dress, can't wait too see it!

Cinda- Ooooh custom jewlery, I'm sure they will look wonderful. I'm usually not a big jewlery wearer, everyday it's the same sterling silver journey necklace, watch, silver charm bracelet, silver hoop earings and rhinestone studs... everyday!!! So, I'm trying to venture out to have more accessories for the cruise. I did find 2 necklaces I liked alot at American Eagle that I bought last week one is rainbow colored bead and the other is basically the same but teals, blues, and tan. I'm one of those persons that if I find something I like I pretty much want it in every color, lol!

They both are finishing up their Freshman year at Purdue University here in Lafayette (West Lafayette, technically). Jake is majoring in Physics and I think Johnny is still undecided. They are not frat kinda guys. They like to play basketball, so maybe the court on deck 10 can get some use :). ~ Kathy

My son is graduating from Furman University May 9th and then will head off to law school at either Notre Dame or Vanderbilt. He majored in Physics and Political Science, actually he came up with his own major that was a combination of both. My daughter is a Sophomore at Furman majoring in Biochemistry. They both played high school basketball, cross-country, softball, track, golf, etc. etc. They both have been on mission trips to Belize so have been to western Caribbean once. My son also did study abroad in Europe.

<

Hi Everyone!!!!

Wow!!!! Congrats on finding the perfect dress at a perfect price!!!

Long story warning...

On a personal happpy note, I did surgery on a lady last Wednesday who makes beaded jewelry (crystal, sterling, etc.) as a living since she's not able to work full-time because of her size and general health. She sells her goods at crafts fairs and motorcycle rallies. While in the hospital for surgery, she missed a rally and thus missed her income for that week (and maybe even the month). She put some of her items on display while in the hospital in hopes that some staff would buy them. I promised I'd buy something from her before I allowed her to go home.

Well, she took what I said I liked (I was struggling between two different ones...), took my size into account (which means she made the necklace a little longer to accomodate my fat neck), and made me one that perfectly matched what I wanted (without me even describing to her WHAT I wanted)! She also made me the earrings to match! I walked out spending $110 for 3 beaded with serling silver necklaces (one for formal night, one because I liked it and it matched my swimsuits and daily blue operating scrubs, and 1 for my mother who is wonderful to be my office receptionist for free), 2 pairs of earrings (formal for me and ones that matched my Mom's necklace), and a bracelet (for my Mom's set). I thought it was a steal, and it helped my patient out as well!

Awwww!! Great story behind your jewelry!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!

Ok, had a FANTASTIC day and can't wait to share but FIRST -- Yoni LOVES Strongbow, well basically any hard cider. They sell it here in Austin and we buy it all the time. In Finland, cider is as common as beer and they have so many different flavors it will make your head spin! I am thinking we meet for a cider for sure and love the idea of the 10pm Grand Marnier meet. I will be there for sure.

All day long I have been busting at the seams to share with you guys but can't (ok, well really shouldn't) get on DIS from the office.

What, you may ask? Did I win the lottery by chance? Did Yoni get chosen as this Year's Sexiest Man alive? Did my house suddenly clean itself up? Nahhh, nothing that exciting but for me, it was nothing short of a miracle! :wizard:

Way to go on the dress :)!! I swear we are soulmates. I can sniff out a bargain like nothing else. A couple of the dresses I'm bringing on the cruise I got at JC Penney's at the end of summer last year. They are sundresses that were originally $100 each. What did I pay..... $3.97 each!! The best part was I had a $10 off $10 purchase coupon, so I got 3 dresses for $1.91 :)!! Can't wait to see your bargain dress (and you at Epcot in 17 days :)!!!).

got some exciting news today after a meeting I got home to Carrie all smiles
she checked Disney web site and was able to get us a 10:00 PALO brunch
on Sunday which was one thing that upset her most about our TA messing up our rese.

I was also able to change my Palo dinner to a night that we wanted. It was not there earlier, but now there are a few available. I guess some people are canceling or changing times?

I will have to keep checking because there are still no Brunch times available. I guess I will just have to get one as soon as we get on the ship.

<

Jake and Johnny are VERY outgoing and a lot of fun :). I read about all the college social gatherings to Jake and he seemed interested in attending. They both are finishing up their Freshman year at Purdue University here in Lafayette (West Lafayette, technically). Jake is majoring in Physics and I think Johnny is still undecided. They are not frat kinda guys. They like to play basketball, so maybe the court on deck 10 can get some use :). ~ Kathy

My son is graduating from Furman University May 9th and then will head off to law school at either Notre Dame or Vanderbilt. He majored in Physics and Political Science, actually he came up with his own major that was a combination of both. My daughter is a Sophomore at Furman majoring in Biochemistry. They both played high school basketball, cross-country, softball, track, golf, etc. etc. They both have been on mission trips to Belize so have been to western Caribbean once. My son also did study abroad in Europe.

<

Glad to hear it. Lots of accomplishments. I will be sure to encourage him to go to some gatherings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter