~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~

Jane ~ It really brought a smile to my face when I saw it in the mailbox :). I did it on our last cruise and it took 4 weeks. This time it took 3 weeks. Brian swears that I am the only person that sends a postcard to themselves :). ~ Kathy

Nope. We sent a postcard to ourselves when we were on our Disney Honeymoon Cruise.

Never really thought of sending a postcard to myself. That's kind of cute. I never really send postcards to anyone though, which is probably one reason I wouldn't have thought of it.

By the way, as a couple of you might have guessed based on my utter absense lately and the fact that I last said I was starting a certain book series, I got totally addicted to Twlight. I was a little resistant at first. The first one started a little slowly for me and I was unsure what I'd think, but once I was a good ways into it when the Cullens really started coming into it, I was hooked. I just read 2 and 3 inside of a few days and now I'm going nuts waiting for book 4 to get here. I found most of book 2 to be kinda excruciating. I was reading like a maniac just wanted the hard parts to pass, since it is obvious it would. It Should arrive Wednesday! I can't believe there aren't going to be more than the 4. *sigh*. lol

Nearly out of Twilights..out of Sookies.... Do I go YA again or something more like Anita Blake hmm...

We liked the cruise in May so much that we are going back in Sept. Sept. 12 to St. Thomas and Tortola.

Hey Everyone,
Just filling you in on my first official Baby appointment. Yesterday was my 12 week appointment to see the Dr and hear the heartbeat.
We arrive at the office super early and excited/anxious. I really wanted to hear that heartbeat to be 100% sure a baby was in there. (Since I've had no morning sickness/nauseous, felt fine except getting fatter)
They take us back in the room, ask a few questions then I get ready for the Heart Monitor thingy. After 5 minutes, they can't find a heartbeat. It was kinda intense. The nurse says I need to have an Ultrasound done to check on the baby.
We go into the Ultrasound room and the Dr gets it all ready. She starts doing that thing on my tummy and she finds what she thinks is my Uterus and says it's empty. She told me that I either wasn't pregnant or I lost the baby. They could do 1 more ultrasound (the fun one down in the danger zone). She leaves just freaking out that I'm not pregnant. Amazingly I was doing just fine, no freak out. She does the other Ultrasound and BAM there is our baby!!
We couldn't hear the heartbeat, but could see it fluttering around. It was good to have because we found out I am only 11 weeks along.
4806_220152160509_594280509_7481930_4838885_n.jpg

So to say the least we are relieved and very happy. My due date is now Jan 11th, but will be moved up sooner cause I'm having a C Section. Our next appointment isn't until end of July and we won't find out the gender until end of August. I'll keep you all posted!!!

Oh Jordan, that must have been so scary but I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU at how it turned out!!!! The baby picture is adorable! Congrats!!!!

Oh my gosh, my son Jake and his friend Johnny met this group of guys at Rockin' Bar D one night and talked to them for hours. They are from California and do some work with the theme park industry. Somehow they were working it so the cruise was a "business" expense :). We met them at the pirates party and talked to them. A real interesting group of guys (and very talented as the video shows :)!).

Here's a link to my FB photos from the cruise. I finally got them posted! :rolleyes:

Here's part 1
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015122&id=1122226710&l=8848f550d9

And part 2
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015201&id=1122226710&l=1051a4c6a6

I tried to tag as many people as I could. If you see yourself in the pix and I haven't tagged you, friend me and I'll do it! :goodvibes

Kym has asked that I post pix from the 11:30 meet, so here they are!! Remember how the guy went up to every level? This is from the same level as us...
DSC_0031-2.jpg

and this is zoomed in at the top.
DSC_0035-2.jpg

I told Kym I'm hoping to have more time to read all the TR after school starts on Thursday. I'd like to do one also, but maybe my FB links will have to do for now. :confused3

Thanks Val :). I love all your pictures on facebook. It's like re-living the cruise. I have been working late quite a bit the last few months. Once most people have left I pop in one of my fish extender CDs and pretend I'm cruisin' again :). What a great cruise with a GREAT group of DISers :)!!!! Can't wait to cruise again with some of you (and you know who you are :)!!!) in 2012 on the Fantasy!!!!

Anyone going on a cruise in the near future? We were thinking about going next March 2010 on a seven day Eastern.

We were in Indiana a couple of weeks ago. We took my son to Notre Dame Law School and were there a couple of days. It is about ten hours from our house.

Can you believe it's been ONE YEAR since we cruised?!?! :eek: I've been reliving our cruise all day! I looked at pix, gathered info for a friend who is cruising the Wonder in one week, and watched tonight's AFV, which was filmed aboard the Magic! :banana: I haven't been on the DIS in a looooong time, so I haven't heard or seen the water slides at CC, so it was cool to see that on AFV!

I'm so glad we've got Facebook to keep a handful of our group in touch! And to think it all started right here! :goodvibes (Is anyone here new to FB in the last year?)

Hi Val!!

I know what you mean!! I pretty much spent the day doing the same thing!
Would be great to do it all again!

Sometimes I can't believe it's been a year, but at the same time it sometimes feels like we were on that vacation years ago. Definitely time for another. Lol

I joined facebook in the fall. I have a few of the KLPs on my list.

We're going on a cruise in October but not DCL.

Hi Val!!

I know what you mean!! I pretty much spent the day doing the same thing!
Would be great to do it all again!
Hi Chasity! I keep getting daily reminders because my mom sends me a new email each day with memories of what we were doing on that particular day! Love it! :woohoo:

I joined facebook in the fall. I have a few of the KLPs on my list.

We're going on a cruise in October but not DCL.
Great! I'll have to look for you, Robin, but I don't remember your last name. Or you can find me, too (Valerie Jacobsen Pfenning--yep, I'm the only one!)
How fun to be planning another cruise, even if it's not DCL! :banana:

Just back tonight form our 9 day WDW trip. Of course the whole time, I kept reminiscing about our wonderful cruise last year (especially when I would see the DCL buses at the resorts picking up/dropping off guests :) ) . What a great group of friends we made on that cruise :grouphug: . I thought that it was appropriate that our Magical Express bus back to the airport tonight was actually a DCL bus :lmao:. Here's hoping for the Fantasy in 2012 :cool1:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter