May 10 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise Meet

Oh my! I guess my superior spreadsheet skills need work after all.

No, No!! You're awesome! Actually, I think it's my computer. But no worries, DH got me on the list so we're up to 24 signed up!! Sounds like a really fun activity! Didn't know you could arrange a private class like this. Since we saw the announcement about the change in the dress code for the dining rooms, I am assuming tiaras are optional for this event. ;)

No, No!! You're awesome! Actually, I think it's my computer. But no worries, DH got me on the list so we're up to 24 signed up!! Sounds like a really fun activity! Didn't know you could arrange a private class like this. Since we saw the announcement about the change in the dress code for the dining rooms, I am assuming tiaras are optional for this event. ;)

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get on the list. And now we're up to 26!!! :dance3::dance3:

We hadn't discussing doing this as a sort of 'Pink' style meet (I guess I can't really call it a Champagne event since it's a mixology, Lol), but I definitely think that's a conversation we can have.

Sooo.... thoughts everyone? Should we keep this as a standard mixology tasting or should we add on a dress code (optional): pink shirts for men, pink something (shirt, skirt, shorts, dress...) and tiaras for women?

My husband and I, and the friends we're traveling with would prefer this to be a non-themed mixology. We take our alcohol seriously... feather boas, sequins, and pastels need not apply. :rotfl2:

We did a mixology class this May on the Fantasy Cruise with a group from the cruise forum and it was so much fun. My poor hubby thought it was odd when I told him about it, but now he is asking about the next cruise and if there is one, so I have signed us up.

We are from Washington State. This will be our third cruise, the last one was so awesome we could not leave without signing up for our next one:). Plus it will be our 20th wedding anniversary.

I am trying to read through all the pages, but I am hoping there is a FE on this cruise. We also did this on our cruise in May and it was so much fun. I have been full of ideas for our next one.

Hi all! My sister and I just booked this cruise - we're really excited and hope to make some new friends :). This is my first cruise - May can't get here soon enough!

Hi all! My sister and I just booked this cruise - we're really excited and hope to make some new friends :). This is my first cruise - May can't get here soon enough!

First cruise! You're going to love it. Welcome aboard :)

Does anyone have the link to find out what your room is like. I would really like to know if my room is going to be a quiet one or not. We will be on deck 5, above the district and right outside the elevators. :confused3

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get on the list. And now we're up to 26!!! :dance3::dance3:

We hadn't discussing doing this as a sort of 'Pink' style meet (I guess I can't really call it a Champagne event since it's a mixology, Lol), but I definitely think that's a conversation we can have.

Sooo.... thoughts everyone? Should we keep this as a standard mixology tasting or should we add on a dress code (optional): pink shirts for men, pink something (shirt, skirt, shorts, dress...) and tiaras for women?

Thanks for organizing this! I did the champagne tasting which was very nice - at ooh-la-la bar! Mixology should be fun, its been a while since I was a bartender! I am ok with PINK, but tiaras...I vote as optional. Although it would be pretty funny to have the guys wear them! Maybe Disney would do something extra special for us since it is a Mother's Day cruise......

We are so excited about our upcoming cruise. Can't wait to learn more about Disney Cruising. This will be our 10 year anniversary and will be sailing with our 8yo DS and 6yo DD. We went on a WDW/DCL honeymoon in 2004. We decided 3 nights on the ship were definitely not enough so this time we are going to do the 7 night. Can't wait to get to know some of the other cruisers and benefit from others knowledge.
:sulley:

WELCOME! I see you have been to Port Orleans - what did you think?

Thanks for organizing this! I did the champagne tasting which was very nice - at ooh-la-la bar! Mixology should be fun, its been a while since I was a bartender! I am ok with PINK, but tiaras...I vote as optional. Although it would be pretty funny to have the guys wear them! Maybe Disney would do something extra special for us since it is a Mother's Day cruise......

I hadn't even realized this cruise would fall over Mother's day. It would be very interesting to see if Disney acknowledges that in some way.
I believe we can pay extra to have a character show up at most private events - I believe this would be true for a private tasting as well but I could be wrong.

I'm super excited to see ooh-la-la! (and the rest of the Fantasy of course) But from the pictures ooh-la-la seems especially girly which would totally be my style :dance3: :)

Based on Disney policy in the parks, I would be very surprised if they would allow a character to show up for a private drink session. Bad pictures, ya know. ;)

And yes, I speak from experience. :rotfl2:

We left on Mother's day this year. Nothing special at dinner at all. The cast members all said Happy Mother's Day and all, but that was about it. :cloud9:

Hello all ... still here! Catching up on the thread ... would love to be included in the tasting .. thanks. Hope everyone is doing well!

ETA ... Signed up for the tasting .... 33 so far!

While we still need confirmation, I have emailed the agent we would like to book this sailing! For most of us, this will be cruise number four, and the second time on the Fantasy. I need to update my signature. It is me and hubby, along with our four kid: Becca (13), Gryphon (11), September (6), and Devlin (3). I am getting so excited! My sister-in-law and her little boy may be booking as well, since we talk what fun it is all the time.

We are signed up for mixology! I am really looking forward to it. As for the FE, I will give our info as soon as I am sure our reservation is all correct and what not, :goodvibes

I hadn't even realized this cruise would fall over Mother's day. It would be very interesting to see if Disney acknowledges that in some way.
I believe we can pay extra to have a character show up at most private events - I believe this would be true for a private tasting as well but I could be wrong.

I'm super excited to see ooh-la-la! (and the rest of the Fantasy of course) But from the pictures ooh-la-la seems especially girly which would totally be my style :dance3: :)

Our last DC was on Mother's Day. I spent my mother's day on CC... let me tell you, that is a GREAT way to spend Mother's Day!!!!! I dont remember them doing anything "special" though on the cruise for Mother's Day.

Sorry I have been MIA. Summer has been crazy! My DH just started a new job and we just finished all the paperwork and home study for adoption!!! We are doing a domestic infant adoption :lovestruc. Soooo our plan is to still cruise! If we get our baby before Feb, we will be bringing our new little one with us. If the baby comes between Feb - May, we reschedule.... no call before the cruise, it will be 4 of us. I did originally sign up for the FE exchange, but I will need to back out. I would hate for people to prepare things for us, and then we are not sailing. We can reallly just go about life as normal until we get the call, this cruise is really our only thing that left us thinking... what do we do about that? We did switch to a cabin for 5 just in case. We will see. As for now... we are sailing in May!

Sorry I have been MIA. Summer has been crazy! My DH just started a new job and we just finished all the paperwork and home study for adoption!!! We are doing a domestic infant adoption :lovestruc. Soooo our plan is to still cruise! If we get our baby before Feb said:
That is so exciting! I know I love seeing the babies on board, but if you do have to cancel for timing, I am sure that no one could be upset for such a good reason. Good luck/congratulations!

Hi there. We just jumped onboard to this cruise! (We were booked for the transatlantic, but decided that was TOO much time away from school and work.) We're a family of four from Atlanta taking our first Disney cruise. I can't wait to meet everyone! Kelly, Jason, Kiley (10) and Katelyn (7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter