Maxpass?

Texans_loyal

Operation Disney is Underway!
Hey y'all!
I will be at DL for one day on the 9th. I haven't been since they announced MaxPass, is there a main thread? I feel like such a newbie, just looking for info/details/opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, I will do some reading! not yet as I do not know how it works. I'm used to FP+ at WDW, is it similar?
Yes and no.

So, for Maxpass, you can start booking once you have entered a park that morning. Similar to WDW, you will select the people in your Fastpass party, as well as the park you are interested in. Then a list of rides and times will pop up. Only one time is available for each ride. You can try "refresh" by going back to the previous screen, reclicking the park, and checking again. It is likely times will be slightly different and sometimes you can even find FPs that are for much earlier or even for rides which have run out of FPs for the day; this is a result of people cancelling their previous FPs.

Once you have a FP selected, that is it. You cannot search for new FP times without cancelling your current pass. If you do want to cancel your pass, you can do so from the app, but know, you probably won't get it back, as people are constantly searching for FPs and will grab it up.

You can have multiple FPs at a time, even for the same time period, but you cannot hold 2 for the same ride at once.

Your window to book another Fastpass depends on what time your current FP is:
-If you get a FP that is good within the next 30 minutes, your FP window will open either after 30 minutes, OR when you use the previous FP. So if you find a FP for Buzz Lightyear that you can use immediately, you would be able to book another FP once you scan in at Buzz.
-If you get a FP that is good 30-90 minutes later, your FP window will open at the time the previous FP is good. So, if you book a Star Tours FP that is good in 45 minutes, you can book another FP in 45 minutes, irregardless of whether you have used the Star Tours pass or not.
-If you get a FP that is good later than 90 minutes, you can book another FP in 90 minutes. So, if you book a Space Mountain FP that is good in 2.5 hrs, you can book another FP in 90 minutes.

You can continue to book FPs even if you leave the park or are in a different park. So you could enter DL and immediately book a FP for a ride at DCA. That is assuming you have a park hopper.

Hopefully that helps?

You can have multiple FPs at a time, even for the same time period, but you cannot hold 2 for the same ride at once.
I understand MaxPass but I do have a question. Can you hold 2 FPs (through Maxpass) for the same ride at once if the return time for one of them has already occurred? (For example: At 11 AM you get a FP for Space Mountain for 3 PM. You can get a new FP at 12:30 PM for any ride but Space Mountain. At 3 PM, can you get one for Space Mountain immediately or do you have to use the current one first?)

I understand MaxPass but I do have a question. Can you hold 2 FPs (through Maxpass) for the same ride at once if the return time for one of them has already occurred? (For example: At 11 AM you get a FP for Space Mountain for 3 PM. You can get a new FP at 12:30 PM for any ride but Space Mountain. At 3 PM, can you get one for Space Mountain immediately or do you have to use the current one first?)
You would need to use the first one before you can get another one even if the return time opened for the first version.

Yes and no.

So, for Maxpass, you can start booking once you have entered a park that morning. Similar to WDW, you will select the people in your Fastpass party, as well as the park you are interested in. Then a list of rides and times will pop up. Only one time is available for each ride. You can try "refresh" by going back to the previous screen, reclicking the park, and checking again. It is likely times will be slightly different and sometimes you can even find FPs that are for much earlier or even for rides which have run out of FPs for the day; this is a result of people cancelling their previous FPs.

Once you have a FP selected, that is it. You cannot search for new FP times without cancelling your current pass. If you do want to cancel your pass, you can do so from the app, but know, you probably won't get it back, as people are constantly searching for FPs and will grab it up.

Your window to book another Fastpass depends on what time your current FP is:
-If you get a FP that is good within the next 30 minutes, your FP window will open either after 30 minutes, OR when you use the previous FP. So if you find a FP for Buzz Lightyear that you can use immediately, you would be able to book another FP once you scan in at Buzz.
-If you get a FP that is good 30-90 minutes later, your FP window will open at the time the previous FP is good. So, if you book a Star Tours FP that is good in 45 minutes, you can book another FP in 45 minutes, irregardless of whether you have used the Star Tours pass or not.
-If you get a FP that is good later than 90 minutes, you can book another FP in 90 minutes. So, if you book a Space Mountain FP that is good in 2.5 hrs, you can book another FP in 90 minutes.

You can continue to book FPs even if you leave the park or are in a different park. So you could enter DL and immediately book a FP for a ride at DCA. That is assuming you have a park hopper.

Hopefully that helps?

YES! that helps tremendously!
thank you so much for your time.

YES! that helps tremendously!
thank you so much for your time.
No prob! I’ve been using it since It started (automatically was included with my AP) and love it! Makes it so much more relaxing to enter the park and book a FP, so I can wander up Main Street rather than rush to get my first FP!

Ok, question about this. I don't ride the rides (for the most part) but I am in charge of getting the Fastpasses. I wouldn't be the one scanning them in (I assume you do this on your phone right before you ride the ride?) so can my husband scan he and my kids in on his phone and I can then book the next fastpass on my phone while I'm waiting for them? I'm assuming we both download the disney app on our phones and they are somehow connected so when I scan in our park tickets on my phone, it will show up on all of ours? Thanks for the help.

Ok, question about this. I don't ride the rides (for the most part) but I am in charge of getting the Fastpasses. I wouldn't be the one scanning them in (I assume you do this on your phone right before you ride the ride?) so can my husband scan he and my kids in on his phone and I can then book the next fastpass on my phone while I'm waiting for them? I'm assuming we both download the disney app on our phones and they are somehow connected so when I scan in our park tickets on my phone, it will show up on all of ours? Thanks for the help.
Yes, you can either both log in to the same account, or you can log in to two separate accounts and scan the tickets into both accounts separately (I haven't tried it that way but I heard it works). Either way they should sync with each other so you can book FP through one and scan through another. Or you can just put the app on your phone and your husband and kids can use their tickets to scan in for the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter