• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass When Mom Is On a Scooter?

Dmto4

Earning My Ears
We have been do Disneyland many times and are planning a trip May 3-7 to celebrate the finishing of my master's degree. My parents who are 74 years old are coming along! My mom will be on a scooter due mobility issues. She will ride anything but SM, IJ, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I have heard before that if someone in your party has a scooter then the whole party (8 of us) can essentially skip the line. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not necessarily looking to cut in line, just wondering if MaxPass is something that would even be worth it for us, especially with a party of 8. Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
We have been do Disneyland many times and are planning a trip May 3-7 to celebrate the finishing my master's degree. My parents who are 74 years old are coming along! My mom will be on a scooter due mobility issues. She will ride anything but SM, IJ, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I have heard before that if someone in your party has a scooter then the whole party (8 of us) can essentially skip the line. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not necessarily looking to cut in line, just wondering if MaxPass is something that would even be worth it for us, especially with a party of 8. Thanks in advance for your help!
There is no skipping the line. Let's say she wants to ride a ride in DL that does not have a HA queue. You go to the CM with everyone's tickets and they will assign you a return time equal to the standby time minus 10 mins and scan everyone's tickets. (This is because it will take you extra time to do this.) The person in the scooter will have to ride. Even though I am on a scooter, we prefer to use MaxPass. Often, they will limit you to a total of 6 people (scooter user +5) so it may be hard for your group of 8.

In DCA, all lines will handle the scooter, so she will wait in the regular line. In DL, many rides are now compliant, but for those that are not, you will go to the CM at the line, and they will assign the return time.

I prefer MaxPass. I don't even remember the last time I used a return time.

We have been do Disneyland many times and are planning a trip May 3-7 to celebrate the finishing my master's degree. My parents who are 74 years old are coming along! My mom will be on a scooter due mobility issues. She will ride anything but SM, IJ, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I have heard before that if someone in your party has a scooter then the whole party (8 of us) can essentially skip the line. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not necessarily looking to cut in line, just wondering if MaxPass is something that would even be worth it for us, especially with a party of 8. Thanks in advance for your help!
In DCA the ques are designed for scooters to use the regular lines.
In DL since the ques aren't designed for scooters, each ride has a routine for scooters.
There is usually a CM stationed at the exit of the ride. They will scan your ticket and give you a return time to ride the attraction.
I'm not sure if it's the scooter person and the full party with them or if there is a limited number that can join them.
I thought it might be up to 6 but I'm not sure.

I still think you will want MaxPass.

I go with my Mom in a wheelchair all the time. Our passes include MaxPass and we use it all the time. Many rides have the line mainstreamed so the scooters/wheelchairs can go through them (some at Disneyland and all at DCA can take a scooter). When a ride that does not have a handicap accessible mainstreamed line, but does have fastpass, I always get the fastpass so when it is time to ride in the fastpass line, we go straight over and get scanned straight in. Those that do not have fastpass, you will then need the return time (Alice and Peter Pan are 2 that are like that). We like using a combination of both MaxPass and return times, and it usually works very well.

I go with my Mom in a wheelchair all the time. Our passes include MaxPass and we use it all the time. Many rides have the line mainstreamed so the scooters/wheelchairs can go through them (some at Disneyland and all at DCA can take a scooter). When a ride that does not have a handicap accessible mainstreamed line, but does have fastpass, I always get the fastpass so when it is time to ride in the fastpass line, we go straight over and get scanned straight in. Those that do not have fastpass, you will then need the return time (Alice and Peter Pan are 2 that are like that). We like using a combination of both MaxPass and return times, and it usually works very well.

Thank you KP. This is how I understood it to work.

I use a scooter and I use MaxPass! With a return time you can only get one at a time, but with MaxPass you can stack them up, depending on what time you are able to get your next one and you also don't have to go from ride to ride to get the return time, you just do MaxPass. It works perfectly!

They only allow 6 people total with the scooter.

Also, for some lines (like Toy Story), you will always wait longer when you have a scooter (wait in the regular line and then get sent to wait in the handicapped line). Others, (like RSR) split off a little earlier and usually end up roughly the same amount of wait. Some, (like Soarin') are completely integrated and your wait time will be the same.

We are in a group of 11 and my friend got unexpectedly hurt yesterday. So, typically the return line for HA is only for up to 6 people? Can you use your Fastpass in the HA line?
Just got here yesterday and my friend (who hasn’t been here in 5 years, and was so excited for this trip) tripped at the airport after arrival. She made it to the hotel fine but as soon as we got up to our rooms she could barely walk! She thinks she broke a bone in her foot! She rented a scooter at DL at 8 pm and we made it on Splash Mountain & POTC before the park closed at 9. They didn’t say anything about our group of 11 but that might’ve been because the lines were short just before the park closing.

You may just have gotten lucky. Yes, you can use FP in the HA line.

Usually, they will have 6 of you go thru the HA line, and the rest thru the regular line. With 11, it would take a long time to get everyone on.

For some examples, when we ride Toy Story as a large group (my group is often 12-16) 3 people go with me to the HA side, while everyone else will ride the regular line. This is because the HA side is in either 4 or 6. By my only taking 3 (4 with me), I am only tying up 1 section of the car and leave the other 4 open for others to use. In RSR, I will take 5 with me (fills 1 car) while the others go to the regular line. On Space, 5 go with me, while the rest go to the regular line. (The HA rocket is 2 groups of 6. I don't want to take the other 6 person rocket from another group.)

You may just have gotten lucky. Yes, you can use FP in the HA line.

Usually, they will have 6 of you go thru the HA line, and the rest thru the regular line. With 11, it would take a long time to get everyone on.

For some examples, when we ride Toy Story as a large group (my group is often 12-16) 3 people go with me to the HA side, while everyone else will ride the regular line. This is because the HA side is in either 4 or 6. By my only taking 3 (4 with me), I am only tying up 1 section of the car and leave the other 4 open for others to use. In RSR, I will take 5 with me (fills 1 car) while the others go to the regular line. On Space, 5 go with me, while the rest go to the regular line. (The HA rocket is 2 groups of 6. I don't want to take the other 6 person rocket from another group.)
We rode more rides today and yep, we were split up on Toy Story and RSR, but a lot of rides we were able to all stay together. So that we nice! Having the scooter hasn’t really slowed us down too much. I’m just glad my friend is still able to enjoy her trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter