• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass question relating to DLH/DTD Monorail entrance

calilou

DIS Veteran
If we enter the monorail entrance in DTD are we considered “in the parks” and therefore able to start using MaxPass to reserve fast passes? Even if we don’t actually ride the monorail and then exit after obtaining a fast pass?

I ask because we’ll be arriving at DLH Saturday early afternoon and would like to reserve a fast pass before checking in if possible. After we check in, we’ll head into DCA. Fingers crossed that we won’t completely miss out on fast passes for all of the popular rides that day (RSR, GOTG...).

If we enter the monorail entrance in DTD are we considered “in the parks” and therefore able to start using MaxPass to reserve fast passes? Even if we don’t actually ride the monorail and then exit after obtaining a fast pass?

I ask because we’ll be arriving at DLH Saturday early afternoon and would like to reserve a fast pass before checking in if possible. After we check in, we’ll head into DCA. Fingers crossed that we won’t completely miss out on fast passes for all of the popular rides that day (RSR, GOTG...).
Yes, you go through the turnstiles to enter the monorail. I’ve done this several times before.

The Monorail entrance is a regular entrance, at which your ticket is scanned, putting you into the system and thus, I figure, making you eligible for MaxPass.

Yes I did this on Monday. I had a conference to attend, but before the conference I entered through the gate at the monorail so that my ticket could be scanned, then exited and went off to my conference. My husband was able to get me fast passes for later in the evening when I returned.

Yes...they entry requirement is not based on your GPS location but rater the first time your park is scanned into one of the park gates, which the monorail is one.

Once ticked has been scanned, you are good to book anywhere you are. Have seen reports of folks booking Maxpass from restaurants in Garden Walk after entering the park that AM.

As an east coaster who mostly visits Disney World, I have a question about this too. We have an early breakfast reservation in Downtown Disney on a day CA opens at 9, but DL opens at 8am for magic mornings and early access. I checked the monorail hours and it appears to open at 8am as well.

We want to go to CA this day, but can we scan into the monorail at 8am so we can start booking a fastpass using MaxPass for when the park opens at 9? Then we could hit breakfast and head to CA?

As an east coaster who mostly visits Disney World, I have a question about this too. We have an early breakfast reservation in Downtown Disney on a day CA opens at 9, but DL opens at 8am for magic mornings and early access. I checked the monorail hours and it appears to open at 8am as well.

We want to go to CA this day, but can we scan into the monorail at 8am so we can start booking a fastpass using MaxPass for when the park opens at 9? Then we could hit breakfast and head to CA?

No. The monorail will only be open to guests eligible for early entry during the early entry hour.

We'd have a magic morning to use so technically we would be eligible to go to Disneyland that morning. We just think we'll head to CA instead....
So, yes, it would work. I didn't realize you were eligible for early entry.

Just want to make sure that you have park hopper tickets. While you are eligible for early entry, if you scan in at Monorail, you'd be using a DL entry (if you only have one park per day tickets).

Just want to make sure that you have park hopper tickets. While you are eligible for early entry, if you scan in at Monorail, you'd be using a DL entry (if you only have one park per day tickets).

Oh, I did not think of this. I've never used the monorail at Disneyland - the last time we went it was down for refurbishment. Do they have different entrances for different parks at the Downtown Disney monorail station?

Oh, I did not think of this. I've never used the monorail at Disneyland - the last time we went it was down for refurbishment. Do they have different entrances for different parks at the Downtown Disney monorail station?

The Monorail only goes between DL & Downtown Disney - just the one stop inside DL.

I checked the monorail hours and it appears to open at 8am as well.

Make sure to have a Plan B, in case the Monorail is closed due to technical problems. Depending on what’s going on, they don’t always run as scheduled. If they are running late, there should be a cast member to let you know, but they probably wouldn’t scan your ticket, since they would consider the entrance “closed” in that case.

Thanks everyone. I think we are just going to use our magic morning to go to Dinseyland and ride some rides instead of trying to do breakfast. We will have park hoppers, so we will just hop over to DCA after that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter