Maxing out the Disney Rewards Visa

One other thought. It is nice to get the most out of the card. But two issues should be considered.

1. Not using too much of your credit limit in any one month -- it runs down your FICO score (for more information see myFICO by Fair Isaac, the creators of the FICO algorithm).

2. Not going over the $750 cap and wasting expenditures that provide no return. Nothing more maddening then seeing your charges on the card and no rewards points.

kimberh:
I do the same thing with our business. I have two different Disney Visa's: one regular and one with DVC. Is this what you have? I was wondering if I could get my own DVC disney visa with me being the cheif holder (DH is the main holder on our current DVC visa and I am on the other one). Right now we are maxed out on the 750 points on both cards. I have also used my Southwest card but I don't need anymore RR points either. I have just started using a Marriott rewards card though I don't like the idea of having an annual fee after the 1st year.

I have two, my husband has two. We have maxed 3 out. I have placed them in a drawer. If I can't get Rewards on a card, then I won't use it. As I posted earlier, I have just received Chase Freedom. My two Disney Visa and Chase Freedom are under the same user name and password for me to pay my bill, my husbands' two are on the same user name for me to pay his.

We always leave about $1000.00 available after each charge. I hope we haven't affected our Credit Score.

One other thought. It is nice to get the most out of the card. But two issues should be considered.

1. Not using too much of your credit limit in any one month -- it runs down your FICO score (for more information see myFICO by Fair Isaac, the creators of the FICO algorithm).

2. Not going over the $750 cap and wasting expenditures that provide no return. Nothing more maddening then seeing your charges on the card and no rewards points.

Thanks for this info. I will check it out.

One more question...
When you say "calendar year", does the year start in the month you first received your card, or is it January thru December? :confused:

MG

One more question...
When you say "calendar year", does the year start in the month you first received your card, or is it January thru December? :confused:

MG

Also need the answer to this.

How long does it typically take to receive the Rewards Card (not the actual credit card) after you have requested it?

Also need the answer to this.

How long does it typically take to receive the Rewards Card (not the actual credit card) after you have requested it?

You should allow a a week to 10 days.

You can also go to Guest Services at MK or DTD and get a rewards card if you dont get one before leaving for WDW. I read that on the member benefit site. I would print it out and take it with just in case.

You should allow a a week to 10 days.

You can also go to Guest Services at MK or DTD and get a rewards card if you dont get one before leaving for WDW. I read that on the member benefit site. I would print it out and take it with just in case.

Thank you!

Actually the year begins after the closing of your December statement and extends to the closing of your next December statement. So if your statement closes on 12/13 you could start accumulating new reward points on 12/14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter